Discussion about DMM website

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
A most cool suggestion, Ding73ding! I have certainly run into JavIMDB-now-Javzoo, and I always wondered... what good is that site? All it has to offer are the cover, the portraits of the stars (which is nice; DMM, for example, chooses only one portrait of a movie with multiple stars), and screen shots. Pffffttt-! (Maybe there is more to the site, I haven't really scrutinized.)

I am glad you are making use of that site. but nowhere does it have the versatility of DMM, of course. I just wanted to announce DMM going a bit haywire, although luckily, most of the time, the search function for DMM does work. (Frustrating when it does not; I want DMM the way it used to be.)

I did pay attention to your right-clicking on the photo advice, although I could not see anything especially revelatory (the pic link gives the DVD code with the two zeroes added, from the few I tried - we already are aware of the double-zero trick), and you are right, it can be helpful to search via the full/partial titles; yet digging up the titles in Japanese would entail an additional step, and sometimes, if the movie is part of a series, you may wind up with results for other than the specific title being sought.

(EDIT: I pontificated here, thinking of searching via title as a matter of course, but in those times when the DVD code fails with DMM, this is actually a great idea; taking the additional step of digging up the Japanese title sure beats sifting through an actress' listing. Good thinkin', D73D!)

(EDIT, again: Just had occasion to put the above to the test, when SVDVD 351 failed to come up. Searching with the full and partial Japanese title - レイプ! 男は誰でも人生に2回だけ生中出しレイプしても良い国 - failed! Yet I got another, albeit time-consuming, idea: Sougouwiki has a direct link to the page on DMM, not just to the cover. That's how I finally landed the DMM page for this SVDVD title.)

Thank you for your link, I had previously run into that very ambitious post of yours (made my poor head hurt a little), and I was impressed by the way you have a lock on these technical issues. (If your program yields a replication of the information on the "Mono" pages of DMM with the problem cases, why, that is one nifty program. Your know-how sure gives you an edge.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Recently when I navigate from here to there within DMM I sometimes get this (5% of the time or so). Then I have to go back once and then try again. Odd...yet, scarily scary in a non-frightening kind of way...

Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at en.dmm.co.jp.

And dare I mention I was not within the en.dmm.co.jp sub-domain at all. Hmmm...

ac0061

Jul 7, 2008
Same thing has been happening to me. Looks like they're really trying to push the en.dmm on us foreigners. At least it's quickly remedied by going to the previous page and trying again.

anoname

Dec 22, 2012
I live outside Japan and I got the message that I can't access it because I'm not in Japan are when I tried clicking some links in dmm site

Anyone can help?

worpan001

Aug 31, 2008
I live outside Japan and I got the message that I can't access it because I'm not in Japan are when I tried clicking some links in dmm site

Anyone can help?

I used to use Internet Explorer 10 with google translate, now I am using
unblockdmm.com/browse.php?u=

where you have to input the link yourself like
mature
unblockdmm.com/browse.php?u=http://www.dmm.co.jp/mono/dvd/-/list/=/article=keyword/id=1014/sort=date
breasts
unblockdmm.com/browse.php?u=http://www.dmm.co.jp/mono/dvd/-/list/=/article=keyword/id=2001/sort=date
anal
unblockdmm.com/browse.php?u=http://www.dmm.co.jp/mono/dvd/-/list/=/article=keyword/id=5005/sort=date

Reactions: 2 people

Misesty

Nov 19, 2009
Yes, unfortunately unless you have a legacy system already set up, screen recording is the only way to get rid of the DRM. I've tried using a clean XP SP2 install with VMware, and no matter what version of WMP (I tried 9, 10, 11 beta 1 and 2 and final) is installed when playing the videos or using individualization, the encryption (indivbox.key, IBX) is updated to a version not compatible with drmdbg or fairuse4wm. So we're stuck.

Figured that out the hard way.I've been trying VM's and converters.

Mar 28, 2008
What would you benefit from R18.com? Its pretty much Japan just making a site for us dirty western people that will have real late releases (pretty much not every title u will find on DMM will be available ) and pretty much try to stray us away from the japanese site so we dont see the more harder fetishes.

Which I really dont blame them after people started bitching about that train chikan game and pretty much anything loli.

EDIT: Theres actual loli, even in hentai. Whats the purpose of R18.com lol Im guessing cause DMM already has many years in it so beigning to add "actual" english into it would be confusing cause they would have to stray away from the countless and countless of pages already in japanese.

Still, R18.com wont have everything, but if theres loli to buy then its not all bad.

Would recommend using DMM still if u know ur way around.

DOUBLE EDIT: Hold on a sec, this is probably just as good as DMM. I think I see every NEW title? Someone correct me if IM wrong.

TRIPLE EDIT: AHA!! I see no NAtural high or Dandy in here at all!!!

Captain Bondage

Sep 30, 2013
All the new titles will be available on R18.com just like they are on DMM.com

There might be a slight delay if the title is not translated, but for the most part they will be released at the same time.
As far as Natural High or Dandy, they will also be added to the R18 database, but as you can imagine converting over 200,000 videos into English takes some time. They are coming you just have to be patient.

Mar 28, 2008
All the new titles will be available on R18.com just like they are on DMM.com

There might be a slight delay if the title is not translated, but for the most part they will be released at the same time.
As far as Natural High or Dandy, they will also be added to the R18 database, but as you can imagine converting over 200,000 videos into English takes some time. They are coming you just have to be patient.
Are you sure? Wheres ur source for this?? They could have just posted the newer titles like they did with everything else and then put the rest gradually like they are doing with everything else. I feel like you are assuming here just as I am assuming they wont be on that site.

Once Natural high and dandy are on r18.com, it will be pretty much DMM but in english.

Time will tell.

Captain Bondage

Sep 30, 2013
My source? LOL... you haven't been checking the R18.com blog posts recently have you.

I WORK at DMM. :coolguy:

Reactions: 1 person
Mar 28, 2008
I see nothing relating to natural high or dandy in that blog. Im going to say you are assuming again.

So time will be the judge, once we get every label on R18.com it will be just as good as the japanese version.

DUDE you work at DMM? Thats so rad bro. I hope u are keeping ur eyes closed when u browse these forums. :shooock:

Captain Bondage

Sep 30, 2013
Yup, I work here. I assure you we are well aware of all the different forums that post links to torrents and all that stuff. But there are also plenty of legitimate users that purchase products on DMM and R18.

If you're looking for hard numbers there is about a 13,000 title difference as we get those makers titles slowly integrated back into our site. Big # yes, but overall? Pfft... drop in the bucket. We still have the largest library of any English language Japanese site by way over 150,000 videos.

Reactions: 1 person
Mar 28, 2008
I shall believe you once i see them in R18.com. Then once it is confirmed, you being here will be very weird. :cigar:

Captain Bondage

Sep 30, 2013
It's for SEO Keanurefresh. Though I don't see why it matters to you, unless of course you are manually typing out URLs. Then again if that's your biggest complaint, I think we are doing alright so far.

keanurefresh

Jun 7, 2013
It's for SEO Keanurefresh. Though I don't see why it matters to you, unless of course you are manually typing out URLs. Then again if that's your biggest complaint, I think we are doing alright so far.

Wow, I just realized it,
the new one are more useful than the old one.