Discussion about DMM website

EKG

Oct 4, 2009
Glad to find this thread, DMM was driving me nuts.

Anybody know how, if any way, there is to buy the download videos from the regular DMM site? They list all the cards they support, but the registration never accepts them. This after the Help section says the service should be be available outside Japan. Is there some secret trick to it that I don't know about or am I just kind of screwed?

Meanwhile, the English DMM page is absolute garbage. I can understand certain studios not authorizing it, but it doesn't make much sense when ones that do like SOD are missing 90% of their library from the normal site.

akiramike

Jan 12, 2011
For all you lazy bums or internet illiterates out there, using Firefox...
Heres a step-to-step guide

1) Go to dmm.co.jp
Right click on browser
> View Page Info
> Permissions
> Set Cookies
Uncheck "Use Default" and click on "Block"

2) Go to adblockplus.org/en/
> Download the Addon for firefox (automatically installs)
> Restart Browser

3) Go to Add-ons menu (aka Add-ons Manager) on firefox
> Extensions
> Options (for Adblock plus)
> Filter preferences
> Custom Filters
> Add filter group (Create your filter group)
> Show/Hide filters (right click on created filter group or just press Ctrl+R)
> Add the following
dmm.co.jp/_js/jquery.js
dmm.co.jp/js/jquery.js

DMM should work NP now.

Thanks to dkmgogo for finding the js to disable :D

Followed the above steps and got DMM website working.

Past two days however, when I go to DMM, my I can't even click on anything on the website. Can't click on link, can't click on search bar.

Anyone experiencing same problem?

Edit: Nvm. Found the solution which was to follow this:

First, block cookies for the domain dmm.co.jp (Firefox, Chrome as exception)

Workaround using AdBlockPlus:
Add filter:
dmm.co.jp###welcome

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Ehm, it worked until today. Somehow they changed something. I have the cookies blocked as well as an filter for the JavaScript file. But I can't click anything anymore on DMM. Seems like there is some kind of layer or something on it I can't get through. :notagain:

Does anyone have a similar experience? :puzzled:

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Seems there is an <div> tag with the ID "welcome". At least my Firefox shows this if I use "Extras > Web-Developer > Inspect (Ctrl+Shift+I)" and click on the page. But I'm not 100% sure if it is the cause of the problem.

EDIT: In the file http://www.dmm.co.jp/css/base.css they specify a CSS for this ID:
Code:
#welcome {
position: fixed;
top: 0;
left: 0;
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
min-width: 740px;
line-height: 1.5;
padding-top: 150px;
color: #fff;
text-align: center;
z-index: 10000;
opacity: 0;
-webkit-transition: opacity 0.5s;
-moz-transition: opacity 0.5s;
-o-transition: opacity 0.5s;
transition: opacity 0.5s;
font-family: Arial;
}
#welcome div.overlay {
position: absolute;
top: 0;
left: 0;
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
background-color: #000;
opacity: 0;
filter: alpha(opacity=0);
z-index: -1;
}
#welcome div.content {
width: 720px;
margin: 0 auto;
padding: 40px 20px;
border-radius: 10px;
background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9);
filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startcolorstr=#e5000000, endcolorstr=#e5000000, gradienttype=0);
}
#welcome p.ttl {
font-size: 54px;
font-weight: bold;
}
#welcome ul {
margin-top: 30px;
}
#welcome ul li {
display: inline;
}
#welcome ul li a {
display: inline-block;
}
#welcome ul li a:hover {
background: url(http://p.dmm.co.jp/p/welcome/bg_on.png) no-repeat;
}
Unfortunately you can't block single CSS entries, only the whole file. And this will destroy the layout of the DMM page. :cry:
Does someone has a good idea which solves this problem?

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Okay, I got it work. I used Fiddler and added a rule on the AutoResponder tab. The rule is "www.dmm.co.jp/css/base.css" which maps to a local file called mbase.css. I attached the original base.css as well as the modified mbase.css to this post (Of course you have to remove the .txt extension. I had to add as AO doesn't support the upload of CSS files.).

But somehow that is a little bit too much effort just for using that site, isn't it. Would be nice if someone would suggest an easier way.

javhoarder

Consumer of Hard Disks
Sep 20, 2011
But somehow that is a little bit too much effort just for using that site, isn't it. Would be nice if someone would suggest an easier way.

Both of the methods I suggested previously should work, as they hide that div. AdblockPlus and Stylish can block divs.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Both of the methods I suggested previously should work, as they hide that div. AdblockPlus and Stylish can block divs.

I have Adblock Plus 2.0.3 and didn't find anything about blocking certain tags. I found the list of all block elements. But this list only contains files, not tags. :puzzled:

EDIT: Okay, removed Fiddler2 and installed Stylish. I guess that is the easier way. Works perfectly. Thanks, javhoarder. :cheer:

synce

Mar 4, 2007
I suddenly couldn't click on anything either, then realize that .js filter was screwing up the site. Replacing it with dmm.co.jp###welcome did the trick (along with disabling dmm's cookies).

What do they hope to accomplish by blocking us round eyes? According to alexa.com 92% of their traffic is Japanese

javhoarder

Consumer of Hard Disks
Sep 20, 2011
I found the list of all block elements. But this list only contains files, not tags. :puzzled:

I didn't know either until recently, which is why I added the AdBlockPlus workaround afterwards.

It's sort of a not-so-well-known feature that AdBlockPlus can block divs, you just have to add the filter to the list manually. The GUI doesn't provide a great way to do this, or even list divs, so I just suggest blocking any element, but on the filter screen input a custom filter completely unrelated to what you selected.

val_f

Mar 10, 2012
Anybody know how, if any way, there is to buy the download videos from the regular DMM site? They list all the cards they support, but the registration never accepts them. This after the Help section says the service should be be available outside Japan. Is there some secret trick to it that I don't know about or am I just kind of screwed?

Maybe it's like adult DMM where credit card has to be from a Japanese bank? At least I've never been able to get them to take any US-issued cards, except for AmEx...

EKG

Oct 4, 2009
Maybe it's like adult DMM where credit card has to be from a Japanese bank? At least I've never been able to get them to take any US-issued cards, except for AmEx...

I guess that's gotta be it. Doesn't really make a damn bit of sense to me why they would just cut out a potentially sizable market, especially seeing as the "English page" is a sham and they put a (albeit badly translated) English language option on the main page now. Even studios that put their content on the English page are missing huge chunks of their libraries.

I think I just broke DMM completely on my end. I removed all the active filters I had, now it just keeps looping back into the language select screen.

chrisfallout

Jul 8, 2008
here deal with dmm they only want any one from japan. or it could be you can not have access from usa. i see that when you log into web site and click English will not kick you out. also if you do not have japan credit card your screwed too. since most or some site will only except credit cards from usa.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
It's giving me the same good ol problems again. Anyone else having the same issue?

No, everything is working fine. Did you update your browser, but not the plugins? Can describe your problem more in detail? Maybe there is something different to the others here.

Minora

Jul 4, 2010
Nevermind, I went through all the steps again and got it working again.

Thanks for asking though.