Discussion about DMM website

holyabdul

Jun 20, 2008
This trick doesn't seem to work anymore?

holyabdu, the easiest thing to do in Firefox without using any plug-ins would be this I suppose:

Righ-click on a thumbnail and select View Image
attachment.php

You will get that thumbnail showing in your browser
attachment.php

Now just add jp to the end of the dvd code
attachment.php

And you will have the full image
attachment.php

I think this works with everything in the digital area.

Reactions: Casshern2
Mar 28, 2008
This isnt about R18.com but about their twitter account.

Can you guys put someone a little more interesting to helm the fucking twitter account.

Someone, idk , cool? :boong:

Captain Bondage

Sep 30, 2013
LoL.... if I tell my co-worker that, it might just hurt his feelings. Regardless, he has single-handedly built that Twitter account up from 0 users to what it is now in few short weeks. I'd say he is doing a rather good job. Is there something you want to see more of on our twitter? You can reply to him on twitter as well, he is quite active and usually responds to every tweet and message.

Mar 28, 2008
Yeah, tell him to immerse himself int he world of Japanese AV.

Go peeking through as many AV actress twitter accounts as he can.

Dont just stick to popular ones.

Also, scandals, he needs to keep up with themz.

nullified

Nov 29, 2014
Hello Captain Bondage, I'm new here and just found you work for DMM, which is awesome.
I got a queation for you regarding the channel subscription. I notice that not all titles are avaible for the monthly subscription, mostly the titles release during the past six months, and some cases, a title will only made available to the channel after about a year it was released. My question is base on what factors your party decide when to release a certain title to the channel? Is the publisher the one making the decision?

Captain Bondage

Sep 30, 2013
The newest titles are not usually released on the monthly channels. It would be a special case if it were. Publishers have control of whether or not to release their content on monthly channels or not. R18's monthly releases coincide with DMM's monthly releases and will be the same unless the publisher has not opted to sell their titles overseas. Or if the titles are not yet translated in which case they will appear once they are translated.

Reactions: clemenceko

Captain Bondage

Sep 30, 2013
Captain, can you explain what you mean by "...not yet translated"?

Sure.

All titles must be translated into English before they are uploaded to R18.com, we certainly don't want films showing up with the original Japanese text title on our English R18.com site. So if there was a new title released on DMM.co.jp named for example, 「マジでホットなお母さん」we couldn't show that title on R18.com even if we had permission to sell it overseas until it has run through translation. Once it runs through translation and becomes "Really Hot Mama" then we can release it on the R18.com website.

Translations done on our site are not done by computer or google translate, allowing us to deliver more accurate translations. We have over 2000 new titles a month, and hundreds of thousands of title descriptions that we are still translating. It's not possible for translations to happen immediately, though the turn around is very fast.

Reactions: clemenceko

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Three things:

First, thanks for responding so quickly.

Second, I like your new avatar!

Third, THE TITLES! I couldn't think of what was being translated. It certainly wasn't the audio or having subtitles added. Didn't even dawn on me about that. Thanks for the answer!

Reactions: Captain Bondage

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
kimochichan asked me via PM (or "Conversation") for an update of the work-around. And here it is - tested with a fresh portable version of Mozilla Firefox v34.0.5:

• First check if you really can't access DMM by opening the following link: http://www.dmm.co.jp/mono/
  • Go to "Tools > Add-ons" [Ctrl+Shift+A].
  • Go to the "Extensions" section.
  • Install "Adblock Plus" by typing it in the search field on the right upper side. The currenty version should be 2.6.6.
  • Install "Stylish". The current version should be 2.0.0.
  • Restart Firefox (At this point it should begging you for it and present a link on the upper side of the "Extensions" section).
  • Go to the Add-ons and the "Extensions" again.
  • Click on "Options" button of the "Stylish" add-on.
  • Click on "Manage styles..." and then on "Write New Style".
  • Name it e.g. "dmm.co.jp-style".
  • Copy the following in the big text area:
    Code:
    @namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("dmm.co.jp") {
    #welcome{display:none!important}
    }
  • Save it and close the style window.
  • Go to the preferences of Firefox ("Tools > Options").
  • Go to the "Privacy" tab.
  • Choose "Use custom settings for history" in the "History" section.
  • Then click on "Show Cookies...".
  • Search for "dmm" and remove all of these cookies by selecting them (you can select all at once) and hitting the "Remove Cookie" button.
  • Close the cookie dialog.
  • Click on "Exceptions..." button.
  • Enter "dmm.co.jp" and hit the "Block" button.
  • Now DMM should be working without any problem: http://www.dmm.co.jp/mono/