Discussion about DMM website

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

GeorgeM

Aug 4, 2023
Help
R18 does not require my Japanese credit card

the variety of payment options on my favorite live sex cams site makes it convenient for me to purchase credits.

Last edited:

ingridguerci94

Jan 21, 2024
Hello everyone,

a few minutes ago I had to realize that I have some problems accessing DMM. Months ago I didn't work, too, because there was always the message that you can't access the page (it was a normal page, not a server error page or something like). Someone here suggested a work-around: Simply block cookies from DMM. And that work-around worked perfectly. Until today...

Now DMM changed their site in this aspect that they support different languages. And for that they need cookies. Means if you block them you get the language selection (which is on a layer before the content of the requested page) over and over again. If you enabled cookies again, you will get the message that you can't access the website from your location. At least the 18+ section. https://phima1.top/phim-sex-viet-nam/

Does anyone another work-around for that problem? :please: Or do we have to use proxies from now on? :notagain:

It's strange because I can still access the images through JavLibrary, as it directly links to DMM, and those images remain visible. However, it appears there's a specific blockage when it comes to search results.

Last edited:

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
You need to have a japanese ip to use the website(there's tons of free vpn that can do that, like protonVPN), but they don't block hotlinking of images.

Reactions: CoolKevin

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
You need to have a japanese ip to use the website(there's tons of free vpn that can do that, like protonVPN), but they don't block hotlinking of images.
I've been using Proton VPN, but yesterday I discovered they've switched Free Countries, so Japan is no longer one of them, unfortunately.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Yeah, I've switched to VPN Gate since they did. It tends to be slower but it's a public thing by a university so shouldn't stop working for no good reason.

Japan should still be in the free countries of Proton VPN, but you can't choose it anymore since it always picks the least busy server.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Yeah, I've switched to VPN Gate since they did. It tends to be slower but it's a public thing by a university so shouldn't stop working for no good reason.
LOL that's what I immediately went to, I remembered it from way back. :D

theydonotwantto

Aug 10, 2011
It's strange because I can still access the images through JavLibrary, as it directly links to DMM, and those images remain visible. However, it appears there's a specific blockage when it comes to search results.

You can use an addon/extension to change User Agent to Google Bot when visiting dmm. No need for VPN.

2024-02-24_212009.png

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Wow, I can't believe that actually works, you've just made scraping data off it simpler and faster, thanks.

Edit: Hmm, it does seem to prevent interacting with the popup though which is a problem on the digital section of the site, I think it uses a different block on it since I can access it even with a normal user agent so VPN still for that one.

Last edited:

dj-pajacex

Feb 11, 2022
Wow, I can't believe that actually works, you've just made scraping data off it simpler and faster, thanks.

Edit: Hmm, it does seem to prevent interacting with the popup though which is a problem on the digital section of the site, I think it uses a different block on it since I can access it even with a normal user agent so VPN still for that one.
You may get "div" element with id="welcome" that blocks clicking. It is possible to remove this invisible div in developer tools.

dmm.png

The methods that I used to access dmm:
  • Changing User-Agent to googlebot
  • Removing "cklg" cookie

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
You may get "div" element with id="welcome" that blocks clicking.
That is very good to know, this does solve my problem. Pretty annoying if you want to browse though since you have to hide it for every page, but not an issue for automation or just looking up one page.

Removing "cklg" cookie
I messed around with changing ckcy to 1 instead of 2 a bit since I saw another solution using that, but I never managed to make it usable since it gets reset after every refresh and I failed at intercepting it with a proxy for a couple of hours and gave up since it wasn't worth the trouble. removing the whole cookie in the browser with the dev tools doesn't seem to produce a different result either.

Is that still a thing you do and if so, I'd be curious how you do it, even if I don't seem to need it.

blind51de

Jun 24, 2010
Every browser with which I try to visit a normal JAV page, I can't click anything in the window. Touchscreen doesn't work. All I can do is cycle through things with tag and click with the enter key.
Is there some bug with a new popup ad that's masking everything? Or have they finally locked out all non-JP users?

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Every browser with which I try to visit a normal JAV page, I can't click anything in the window. Touchscreen doesn't work. All I can do is cycle through things with tag and click with the enter key.
Is there some bug with a new popup ad that's masking everything? Or have they finally locked out all non-JP users?
Look two posts up

Death Metal

Burning Knuckle
Jan 9, 2007
It seems like DMM TV works with the above method, by changing the user agent + VPN. I was previously getting barred from acessing it even when using VPN only. Well, at least for browsing it's working. However, even if I have points, I can't exchange them for gravure items, I get an error basically saying that the item is not available in my area when I try to exchange.

Question is, how does it know what my area is, if I'm using VPN with a japanese server and spoofing the user agent? I checked my DMM profile my address is not specified, so I wonder how the site knows that I'm not in Japan.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Question is, how does it know what my area is, if I'm using VPN with a japanese server and spoofing the user agent? I checked my DMM profile my address is not specified, so I wonder how the site knows that I'm not in Japan.
possibly they have a recommend list of the most common ones

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Some websites also use the language of your browser/OS to redirect you. So if you don't have it set to japanese, there's a good chance you're not in japan even if you have a japanese ip.

Death Metal

Burning Knuckle
Jan 9, 2007
I also tried an add-on named Locale Switch, which lets the user change the browser's "locale", and I still get the area error. I guess you might be on to something, Sam. I might try altering those later to test again.

princeali692

Jav is love... Jav is life...
Jun 29, 2012
I subscribe to the monthly premium on FANZA/DMM. Anyone else having trouble playing any videos today? I get an error for every movie I try to stream. Seems like its site wide but wondering if its me. I use a VPN.

AceRothstein

Jul 13, 2019
I subscribe to the monthly premium on FANZA/DMM. Anyone else having trouble playing any videos today? I get an error for every movie I try to stream. Seems like its site wide but wondering if its me. I use a VPN.

I don't have monthly premium on FANZA/DMM, but I did note a very strange anomaly in my DMM library.

There are some titles that I can see and purchase using VPN (I have to use VPN to view/purchase or my cart shows duplicates and won't process) that once in my library, I cannot view or download (IT give me strange error message for view/download) unless I disconnect my VPN. I discovered this by accident. Even stranger, if I disconnect VPN and view my library, certain titles will now show up and certain will hide.

Try disconnecting your VPN once you login to FANZA/DMM premium and viewing those same titles that give you error message without the VPN connection.