Directorial Influence

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

asianbooblover

Akiba Citizen
Jun 20, 2007
I have always wondered just how much influence a director has in a JAV movie. I can imagine he meets with the principals and discusses the basic plot of the movie.. but after that, does he let the actors take it from there for each scene..does he sometimes stop the action during a scene if he is not seeing what he has in mind? I know some of you have mentioned admiration for certain directors..but other than Henry Tsukamoto whose movies have a definite"look" to them, how much does his direction influence the look of the movie? would like to hear some opinions- thanks

fred olin

May 19, 2020
I believe the input from the director is crucial. Some are artists and some are not. Take Nagira Kenzo for instance. I do not know the gender of Nagira Kenzo. But, I guessing he is a male. His films are always great. The lighting is perfect. The angles he incorporates into his films are interesting. The stories are good. Also, the performances he gets from the cast is at a higher level. And, I just do not mean the sexual gymnastics that they go through. But the gymnastics are always interesting and different. Check him out.

BDrake

Akiba Citizen
Sep 29, 2015
Nao Masaki usually has women dominating the men. She's one of my favorite directors if not my absolute favorite.
Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 10.33.55 PM.png

Reactions: UIOMMD

intrepid8

レズぺニバン Enthusiast
Oct 10, 2009
Nao Masaki usually has women dominating the men. She's one of my favorite directors if not my absolute favorite.
View attachment 2898468

I'd be surprised if she didn't imitate Silvia Takaguchi's directorial style, although Nao Masaki will break the fourth wall and get involved in the action sometimes part way through a title.