Deceive by JAV Cover

mugenbenoit

May 25, 2016
tumblr_n0p5ip9R1E1sdqajoo1_400.gif

Last edited:

asianbooblover

Akiba Citizen
Jun 20, 2007
Good post- there are so many covers that catch my attention.. the actress may look very enticing or the action on the cover shots shots look great... but the movie itself is a dud. The actress is just going through the motions or the movie is just a rehash of hundreds of other plots you have seen. I try to find a preview video on R18.com if possible.. that will usually give you a better idea of the quality of the movie. It's not always foolproof, but between the thumbnails and a video preview, you have a much better chance of downloading something you will like.

Reactions: Blade Runner

mugenbenoit

May 25, 2016
hbk-hogan-o.gif

Last edited:

Goat4u

Jun 5, 2016
The SIRO series is a big culprit of this. They photoshop the cover cap so much, the actress face looks like a completely different person!!!

Reactions: Javerni

keanurefresh

Jun 7, 2013
Obasan series from Madonna Studio are one of the culprits
A lot of ugly old women that turn into a really good looking milf on the cover.

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
Welcome to Akiba-Online, barely more-than-a-week-old Member Mugenbenoit; I was very impressed with your attention to detail, and by how you were able to come up with several specific examples. Most of us may be aware of getting shortchanged by cover promises, but who makes notes about them? Hopefully you will provide more JAV observations (on this and other subjects) in the future.

Last edited:

mugenbenoit

May 25, 2016
giphy.gif

Last edited:

princeali692

Jav is love... Jav is life...
Jun 29, 2012
When I am browsing movies looking for the next one I should watch I inspect the cover, especially the back cover very closely. I also make it a point to watch the trailer. If the trailer is not available on r18 or dmm I will go to the studios website and see if there is one. I find trailers to be extremely helpful in learning what a movie is really about, and they also get you hyped for the movie too. Just like normal movies!

If there is no trailer I will base n it on the back cover, and if its from a label I like I am likely to trust that it is good. If it's not a label I am familiar with I get it anyway and if it turns out to be not that good I become more suspicious of that label next time.

I love watching trailers of potential new releases coming out a few weeks in advance. I love when DMM updates their library with unreleased trailers. I spend a little while watching all the upcoming movies in my favorite genres.

Reactions: kharo88