Censoring the male actor face, is it possible?

rosmahlicious

May 1, 2021
There is several movies which is to be enjoyed but spoiled by the 'not comfortable' face (at least in my taste) of the male actor who shall not be named. Is there any software so that we can do it our self to blur the male face? The movies are really promising in both actress and story wise.

maload

Jul 1, 2008
why people want to see actors ? just wonder. body , dick ,and now face ....
anyway there is no ptrogram like that in this time.
and all the program that claim to do it is not the program that do it as they said

NoToRo

Jun 22, 2021
Contrary to what user Maload said, there is indeed a way to blur a human face in a video, assuming you do it manually. Is there a free 1-click app that plays videos and can select the actor you don't like and blur them out? At this time in 2021, no. I wouldn't bet against it in the next 5 years or less.

Davinci Resolve is free, and there are videos on Youtube that explain how it's done. Maybe it is worth your time, or maybe it is not.

maload

Jul 1, 2008
o i missunderstanding. i think he want to remove the blured face of the actors in the movies
- - "

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
Huh... IMHO I hate it whenever JAV studio put mosaic on, no matter it's genitalia, male/female face, bystanders, street signs, or logos on cloths and products (e.g. beverage)

But it's technically an interesting request. I was thinking there's probably open source face detection algorithm out there. And blur/mosaic is easy to apply (any Photoshop or movie editor would offer many filters).... But @NoToRo suggestion is in right direction, I'm not familiar with Da Vinci Resolve... looks like another alternative for Adobe Premium. My own choice in this category is kdenlive (for Linux). These are all movie editors so they are not specifically design for your need. But some of the functions in those powerful program may do it.

Looks to me quite a major effort.

NoToRo

Jun 22, 2021
Well, if I was asked how I would go about this in an automated way...

Yes, exactly the way @ding73ding suggested.

I would look into something like OpenCV or Frigate or some other Python / AI / Neural Network / facial recognition solution, and see if you can ask on a forum related to these for suggestions of how to add a blurring effect to the algorithm. It should be trivial for someone with decent programming skills to tie the location of the faces to some compositing software like After Effects, or Davinci Resolve or Davinci Fusion, or even something less complex like a simple script or Python to place a shape of color over that zone.

How about an even better solution? How about just creating a deepfake and place your face over the actor you hate so much?! Wouldn't that be something!!?