Card games MTG,Yu gi oh and that stuff

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

DevilXdevil

creatively retarded
Former Staff
Sep 24, 2008
if i opened the thread in a wrong section my bad

anyway did any of youz strange peoples play magic the gathering,yu gi oh,pokemon etc that shit

if you did what kind of deck did you have (played,preferred)

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
MtG, off and on.

1st time window: began with Onslaught, ended halfway through Kamigawa (so two and a half years)
2nd time window: rejoined with Ravnica, ended after Coldsnap (so just one year)
3rd time window: rejoined with Zendikar, ended after Worldwake (so less than one year)

I like to run, but never get to run, combo decks. My combo decks always lose before they can pull off their wonders.

My best decks are white-black decks and red-white decks.

I collected (but never played, for lack of friends with interest in it) the Pokemon TCG throughout its entire licensed run by Wizards of the Coast. The moment they lost the license, I quit collecting. I recently bought some Heart Gold / Soul Silver cards just for the hell of it, but it's much too expensive a hobby for too little emotional return. ($4 per 10 flimsy pieces of paper!? Are you fucking kidding me?)

I played Yu-Gi-Oh! on my Nintendo GameBoy Advance (The Eternal Duelist Soul) but never collected or played the card game with people in real life.

DevilXdevil

creatively retarded
Former Staff
Sep 24, 2008
i always stick to the snake deck with few modifications usual works against all types of decks especially with blanchwood armor and my fave traproot kami <3

other than snake forest deck i used to play a "burner" deck spike shot goblin's and slith firewalkers rule

pokemon the same i just collected the cards like with vs system,star wars,shaman king they were all shiny thats why i liked them <3

i played all the yu gi oh games on GBA and on ps2

used to play yu gi oh everyday until my dreams were crushed <.< i was 2nd in the country and the first two were going to japan for world tournament since i was 14 my mom didnt let me so i stopped playing seriously

had a horus dragon deck,dark beatdown deck and currently have a burner deck that owns anything

man those boosters were sure expensive how much money have i wasted on those card geez

xater

Bibitur Semper
Jun 5, 2007
I guess it is not hard to tell from my avy what I used to play.... :joker:

I played a lot from 1996 to about late 1999, then I collected for about 8 or 9 months since I had a good job at the time and I could use the money to buy lots of cards -in the 4 years before that, I just had about 1200 cards, while everyone else in the clique had at least 10k+-

At the same time, I didn't have time to play anymore, or worse yet, didn't have time to design decks, so I was just buying on inertia, so I quit.

kagami hawke

Apr 27, 2010
I used to try to get into a few different games, but I could never find people to actually play with, so I'd always lose interest fast. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably still try to play.

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
Yep, played MtG when I was much younger. I hopped on during Revised edition and stayed on roughly until Alliances (I think it was called Alliances, I know I stopped before Mirage).

It was actually a lot of fun when most of my friends were playing. But they all quit, so it just wasn't fun anymore. Hocked all my cards after that. Sorta wish I still had them, but they're valueless (to me) other than for nostalgia. And since they've undoubtedly re-vamped the rules several times since I quit, it would probably be a pain in the ass to re-learn how to play.

I generally used a white/blue deck when I started. Sometimes used a blue/black deck. Shortly before I stopped playing, I made a green/red speed deck out of cheapo cards that actually worked better for me than my primary decks that I had been using/adjusting for several years. Figures that just as I was starting to get the grasp of game strategy, everyone I know who plays quits! ARGH! :giveup:

I also tried to play Wildstorm and Animayhem, but nobody else I knew would even try either of them! I actually kept those cards, though. Really liked the artwork. Plus, maybe I'll eventually find the 3 other people who played them! :joker:

DevilXdevil

creatively retarded
Former Staff
Sep 24, 2008
I used to try to get into a few different games, but I could never find people to actually play with, so I'd always lose interest fast. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably still try to play.

yeah the same with me it was hard to find people that played mtg and yu gi oh but now it seems they are everywhere and i just dont have the will to play it

It was actually a lot of fun when most of my friends were playing. But they all quit, so it just wasn't fun anymore. Hocked all my cards after that. Sorta wish I still had them, but they're valueless (to me) other than for nostalgia. And since they've undoubtedly re-vamped the rules several times since I quit, it would probably be a pain in the ass to re-learn how to play.

card games are only fun when you have friends to play with and beat them in it so that you can rub it in their faces :joker:

i sold most of my cards earned few bucks (300$) but spent way more when i was playing <.<

I played a lot from 1996 to about late 1999, then I collected for about 8 or 9 months since I had a good job at the time and I could use the money to buy lots of cards -in the 4 years before that, I just had about 1200 cards, while everyone else in the clique had at least 10k+-

:notagain: jesus you sure started early

ahh i remember when i gave up on playing and started to collect instead then i realized i was spending way too much money collecting ahahahah

still fun times

RyuKaze

龍風
Jun 22, 2010
I used to play YGO on the GBA, but I got bored of the simplistic and predictable AI. I then played it online with some mates (there was a program for it, but you had to do any effect etc. manually) and that was fun for a while. As for deck-type, I played Lock-down and Effect decks - But I also played a Dragon deck with friends too.