Can't use Link BB code in Signature?

IncestJAV

KinShinSouKan JAV
Feb 17, 2010
Why I cant use Link BB code [ url ] in my signature?
But I still see many linkable texts in many people's signatures.
Members in what rank could use it or could mods please re-enable this function?
Thanks.

rubiks6

No more JI - Retired from AO
Apr 2, 2008
Bump. Does anyone know? I don't want to test it only to find that it does break.
I tried it. vBulletin won't allow it and gives you an error message.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Hmm. I just noticed an old url in my sig so I decided to edit it out and met with the same problem. I remembered your thread, Register, and decided to post here.

Staff: is it in any way, shape, or form possible to edit the settings so that users with a post count greater than or equal to N, where N is an arbitrarily large integer, are allowed to use the URL tag?

Firstly, members with large post counts are more likely to cooperate / listen to the staff should the staff have to notify them, "Sir/Ma'am, your signature is violating the site rules."

Secondly, they are much fewer in number than the total userbase and therefore much easier to manage.

Thirdly, the status quo doesn't prevent troublemakers from posting pseudo-signatures with URL tags in them. A "pseudo-signature" is something which looks like an ordinary signature but is manually pasted into the main body of the post. For example, the information below the row of equation signs (======='s) is my signature posted as a pseudo-post. The signature beneath it is the real signature. Troublemakers may resort to using pseudo-signatures to link to illegal or harmful websites, rendering this strategy (of banning the URL tag from signatures) ineffectual.

================================================

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
I just re-enabled [noparse][link][/link][/noparse] tags in signatures.