'Canned Replies' in the quick reply box ??

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

rubiks6

No more JI - Retired from AO
Apr 2, 2008
Well I found that one very amusing, but I'm not actually sure it's a good idea. Perhaps it will only increase the number of meaningless bumps.

But, if you're going to have the feature, it will need to be populated. May I make a few suggestions ? :

'Thanks'
'Thank you'
'Bump'
'avi please'
'duh'

and - my favorite canned reply :
[hide]
'I'm too unimaginitive or lazy to use my brain, so I chose this canned reply'
[/hide]

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
Canned replies have too many preservatives. I prefer to buy fresh ones and then freeze them. :joker:

It does seem like a good idea, but, like rubiks6 said, it might result in a spike of unnecessary bumps.

May I suggest a few, as well:

"Read the Rules/FAQ"
"LOL WUT?"
"Reseed Please"

and finally:

"Yes, this forum has Junior Idol section. The section has existed on the board for years. All vids in the junior idol section are legal and clearly labeled. If you don't like JI material please refrain from clicking on threads that contain said material and refrain from visiting the JI section (which is also clearly labeled). Please avoid wasting the staff/community's time with self righteous bitching about how you find the content "objectionable". If you can't be a grownup about it, we cordially invite you to STFU and GTFO!"

Maybe the last one is a bit over the top. :puzzled: Although, It would probably see some use. :pandalaugh:

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
They're mostly helpful for uploaders that need to re-use the same post content over and over.

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
You can edit your canned replies to say anything you want

They're mostly helpful for uploaders that need to re-use the same post content over and over.

Oh, its more of a "template" kind of thing. That makes more sense.

Thanks for the clarification, guys. :goodboy:

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
It was actually added just for staff, but now it's available for everyone.

You can use it for what you like, but look at it as an alternative to the previous post templates.

rubiks6

Apr 2, 2008
OH - Wow - I get it now - how cool is that : )

Can it yourself - LOL

Well I'm glad I brought up the discussion ___ . :cheer: . __

lowleg - yes, the ever popular 'reseed please' next to 'avi please', and lets not forget the 'direct dl please'.
And yes, I think that last one has been used a few times already.

Hey, IdolFun - thx for the info and link

Hi, Chompy. yeah, cool, I like it : ) It's a keeper.

rubiks6

Apr 2, 2008
hey, can I put "Damned if I know who it is." as a canned response ? (I'm sorry, that's so mean. Just kidding.)