Before you post that ID Request!

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
Hello akiba-online members,
It has come to my attention that there are many of you that would like to know more about a special someone that you've come across somewhere online. It's also very clear that some of you will get to know that person better & some won't. Therefore I've decided to help you out before you ask for it. There are a few things that you can and should do before consulting the members here at akiba. A little bit of knowledge and preparation goes a long way.
There are of course many different sources online for Japanese adult, idol/image & video content. Which many of you visit and find interesting things. I'm not going to list any as a simple google search will do that for you however once you've found that someone special you need to keep this in mind to get to know her. After all we need to know as much as possible to be able to ID her. This includes…
  • 1: A complete image or video her.
  • 2: A clear image or video of her.
  • 3: The source web site where you found her.
  • 4: Any other information that was provided with the image or video.
  • 5: Multiple references if possible.
  • 6: Original language or text when available.
  • 7: Titles that provide detail & or are interesting.
I Understand that some of these requirements are, sometimes totally out of your control. Other times they are and you make it harder for yourself & for us to ID her by altering them.
A few examples are as follows that address these mentioned points.
1: A complete image or video is the difference between getting lot's of help and no help.
The following image was cropped on purpose, taken exactly from the cover of the DVD I want to find to emphasize this point. It shows the actress well enough however there are far to many ladies for any one person that happens to read your ID request to know. When in fact the original image clearly provides more than enough information to accurately & quickly find the requested information. If you have a larger/more complete image, do yourself the favor and please provide it rather that a cropped version of it.
rbd00146.jpg
rbd00146pl.jpg

The same applies to video. If you have a full length video and you crop out 5 seconds of one scene that shows the actress, you've shot yourself in the foot. Provide that video in it's entirety and you're more likely to get an accurate response. If you're providing a link to an off site video file like some have then the same applies. However I would recommend asking the uploader of that video on that site for information before coming here.
2: A clear image will help greatly in the chances of you finding out who she is. Image size will also help but the two are independent. Her you see 2 images of the same actress in the same scene but the 1st image shows us little to go on. It's pretty hard trying to see who she is in the image but a clearer image of her shows us who she is.
soe00214jp-9.jpg
soe00214jp-14.jpg

3: Many requests are simply an image or video that is more often than not hosted off site. While I prefer that the files be attachments here at akiba there are some videos that are much easier and quicker off site than here. Using an image host is less likely to turn up an answer for you than providing the original site address.
Image Host
pp_07755.jpg
Original Address
pp_07755.jpg

4: As explained in the previous example the original address is already much more information than the other hosted image. This includes items that look like actress names, Company names, product codes, release titles, and dates.
pp_07302l.jpg

Is not much to go on… (but enough for me)
Including the following increases success exponentially.
Japan Media Supply
CLR-4047
2006-12-22

5: If you've seen an image or video of the same girl different places let us know and provide that information. It's very likely that someone knows who she is but hasn't seen a particular image or video yet.
pp_05052l.jpg

h_097kf05366pl.jpg

6: Some of you can't & don't read or write in Japanese. Therefore your searches are limited to the English results that are available. This can be frustrating for some of you but the same applies to non English speakers in other situations. Some English speaking sites and forums post electronic translations of titles and actress names. Thus making it harder for you and us to find the original source. (なお) Nao is a very common name and turns up many hits on searches. With some images of an actress there is more than enough information in Japanese. You just don't posses the ability to get the info from the image. These are by far the easiest and fastest IDs to complete.
Nao Oikawa - Dream Woman 5
mdi00123pl.jpg

7: I often check the ID forums to help those of you that I can and I'm sure there are others that do so as well. However when I see…
Who this girl ?
Testwest (04-05-2009)
Girl ID, pls....
TANYABA (04-10-2009)
Who's she?!!?
xicex123 (04-08-2009
Uum... Who is she?
iku-chan (04-17-2009)
Need Assistance
SiR20 (04-14-2009)
I'll most likely not even look. Although when I see…
I have a dvd cover but its small, anyone knows this actress name?
cbg0326 (04-16-2009)
Please ID this movie with arisa oda/Mika Kayama?
franzis (Today)
Help with ID Particular Glory Quest Series
evodevo (04-18-2009)
I'll most likely look and be able to help the person requesting it.

Finally a few words about the process. Before you post a request you might just find the answer to what you're looking for with the information that you have available to you already. Try to ask the uploader if possible on the original site/forum. If no luck, I would strongly recommend a search on akiba, it's possible that the actress/idol you're looking for is here already. If you've searched and came up empty then a request is fine but please do so in the proper sub-forum there are now 4 places to ask for ID requests.
Akiba-Online > Help & Guidance > Identification Help For any ID request. No longer used
Akiba-Online > Club Forums > JAV Idol Club > JAV Idol Identifications Specifically for Japanese Adult Video Actresses.
Akiba-Online > Club Forums > Gravure Idol Club > Idol Identifications Specifically for Gravure Idols. Sometimes nude never intercourse.
I will as of now begin to close threads that have been successfully IDed and place IDed in the thread title along with the requested ID info. Thanks for your continued use and support of akiba-online.
Finally, please DO NOT request the a DVD, photo book or video with your ID request. Your ID request should be for information only, not files.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
After writing this suggestion, I came to look for any stickies or threads advising members what to do and was surprised to see that I'd missed this. And if I missed it, I'm guessing most of the other people miss it as well. A real shame. :( Your points are exactly what I was about to make in a follow-up thread to my suggestion thread linked previously, but I see I not only need to post what I was going to post but you did a much better job than I would have. You hit on every point I would have mentioned and then some. Very much appreciated.

ATTENTION NEW USERS! Re-iterating what desioner wrote above:

No.1 Pleeeeeeeeeease post pictures!

No.2 Pleeeeeeeeeease post specific thread titles!

I've edited the post just now to include four sample pictures I think people should take a look at. It explains via example what the difference is between a good request thread and a bad request thread.

Thread titles should always include at least these three things!
1- something which tells us whether it's hentai or real women.
2- something which tells us whether it's a photo collection (like HCG) or whether it's video (like JAV or H-Anime).
3- something UNIQUE about the item! Is the girl wearing a unique outfit? Does she have purple hair? Is she being fucked by 3 guys at the same time? Is she big-breasted? average-size breasted? or flat-chested? Is she at a maid cafe? at the library? at school? at home? Is she a housewife? an OL? a tutor? ANY of this info in the thread title would help. You can't cram it all in there, obviously, but pick the one or two things which you think will best help others to i.d. your picture!

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
If you are watching a video and want an ID of a particular actress, take a screenshot and post it as well as posting a link to the video itself if at all possible.

If you are using Windows here's an easy way to take a screenshot without downloading any software.

1) Pause the video at the point you want to take the screenshot.

2) Hit the PrintScreen button on your keyboard (usually next to the Scroll Lock Button).

3) Open up Microsoft Paint and hit ctrl-V to paste the image.

4) Save the image, preferably as a jpg.

5) Attach it in your post or upload to a image hosting site.

Status
Not open for further replies.