Banning LinkBucks/URLCash redirects.

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Should Urlcash/Linkbucks redirects be banned?

• Total voters

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
I started on 08/25/2008 and now I've made $2.25 USD......so far I wanna know what would happens if I reached $5.00 USD......

The trick is......make a link to the site that you always visit......and then click it many times!!!!!! :lols:

why wait for someone to click it when you can click it yourself

Nice. I'll try that... Unless the site rules change.... :sick:

daice

Jun 22, 2008
Clicking on your own link works better if you're from a tier 1 country (actually I don't know if they use tier 1 or simply US).
If you're not from US you'll probably earn less but still a good tactic.

Axandra

Jul 7, 2008
$2.25 in 5 days? That's laughable! Plus clicking your own links for $0.01/click... Tell me how's that smart?

You spend time setting up the system, bandwith uploading and following the links, electricity to power your PC -- all that paid by yourself, from your own pocket (or so it would seem). Not to mention that you're trying to waste others' patience, time, and bandwith with that shit - thing that ain't going to happen in my case.

Surely you're better off taking any kind of an occasional job offer (a $5.25/hr, as someone suggested) if you need to have a small separate income to access paid sites.

CFUD

Jan 24, 2007
365/5*2.25=164.25 (Ka-ching).

From a different point of view, someone that steals a linkset off another site which happens to be the same file as yours and posts it first will potentially be stealing your clicks. Satisfying isn't it?

LTO

Apr 1, 2007
I'm against Linkbucks simply because it is an unnecessary inconvenience.

As a Linux user, I haven't had any problems with malware because of it, but I just don't like it.

Should people really be sharing stuff here in order to make a profit?

I've only shared a few videos here myself, but it's just something I wouldn't do.

techie

SuupaOtaku
Jul 24, 2008

Papa Ya

Feb 15, 2007
"Never in the history of human cumflicks has so much annoyance been owed by so many to so few for such little money." (Churchill's brother)

blowfish

Jun 29, 2008
Doesn't Cryptload download manager bypass linkbucks?

azileath

Banned
Jun 27, 2008
To hell with linkbucks. I don't care what other users say, but I am going to visit those links and post a direct non-linkbucks link. So if any of you see a link that you think will redirect, just look for my posts and you should find a direct link instead.

Tsuru

Akibacan
Jun 6, 2008
Hello everyone,

This is a bigger issue than just link-bucks on a forum.
It has to do with equity and common decency.
We must be tolerant of each other and make an effort to accommodate each other the best that we can.
I have no problem with an emergency vehicle double-parking.
Hey, next time it might be me they are helping.
But when some Ass#ole blocks traffic just to pick up his laundry . . . !@#$

Its the same with these Ca$h things.
If they were making some real money out of it I would say OK.
But . . . to waste an hour of my time so that they can make a penny?!

I say Eat-Sh1t-and-die!

:bow-pray:
Respectfully,
Tsuru

ssb82

Feb 13, 2008
There is only one thing I'm annoyed with these linkbuck, urlcash, sites.
The links led me to a dead page. The files got deleted by the host like, Megaupload and Rapidshare...
The idea with these sites is that you post something, my clicks help you earn some money and in return, I get what I want.
At least keep the files alive. Otherwise, remove/delete the links.

The worst thing with these is that someone stole the links from other sites and insert their own linkbuck, urlcash links. And when the files got deleted, there is no chance of re-upload as those links and files aren't theirs to begin with.
And the links they stole from didn't have any of these linkbuck, urlcash crap in the first place...

ripkirby

Apr 11, 2007
Well I encounter the links mostly in the torrents forum, which is guaranteed traffic (through these links). It's fine as long as the material is made by the poster.

I mean some guy went ahead and bought the dvd and shared it to us. It's not cool that someone mooches off what you did and be not accountable for any of it (since it's not his material he's just linking it).

Corkson

Nov 15, 2007
Used to be a nice site

A-O used to have a personal feeling about it, like a little online hideout where people got together to share their Hentai, Anime, JAV, and so on.

There were rules that everybody followed and helped to enforce. There were English titles on the posts. The posts were sorted appropriately. Members were recognizable, in that you generally knew what sort of quality and theme you'd get from somebody's upload. People took the time to add "Tags" to their posts, so they weren't lost in a big jumble.

I fondly remember the days when I could hit the "Torrents" or "Tags" button and easily look through the covers/screenshots before heading to work.

It has become a colossal waste of time.

tekate

Mar 19, 2008
Voted yes, because right now, these links are getting abused.

If it was a quality post (the standards Corkson mentioned), and the poster used linkbucks to get the torrent file, I would be fine with it.

chickensaw

Mar 24, 2007
I am getting tired of getting 30x popups and ten million ads every single time I get hit with a linkbucks redirect. It's annoying, pointless, and frankly, a major hassle.

It is a waste of time and frankly, an insult to Akiba, making money off the shoulders of what is essentially SOMEONE ELSE'S FORUM.

mrmore

Banned
May 13, 2008
Hello everyone,

This is a bigger issue than just link-bucks on a forum.
It has to do with equity and common decency.
We must be tolerant of each other and make an effort to accommodate each other the best that we can.
I have no problem with an emergency vehicle double-parking.
Hey, next time it might be me they are helping.
But when some Ass#ole blocks traffic just to pick up his laundry . . . !@#$

Its the same with these Ca$h things.
If they were making some real money out of it I would say OK.
But . . . to waste an hour of my time so that they can make a penny?!

I say Eat-Sh1t-and-die!

:bow-pray:
Respectfully,
Tsuru

If do so, I thing many members in this forum will never post anything like me, ntt, khikhicuoi, etc...
Because we have to renew my RS, Megaupload account, my domain, hosting (for our blog, site), and we have to waste our time to upload all thing. YOU DON'T pay for us to do that, huh?