ban again

HeavyNosebleed

Dec 4, 2013
Really, "you would have to be there" to get a proper perspective on it. The amount of spam I used to deal with here as a mod (I have no idea exactly how bad it is now) was enough to make me even more unstable than I am normally. At one time only one out of maybe 5 or 6 posts wasn't some spammer breaking the rules or simply copying someone elses upload to his filehost. The job these mods do....for free mind you.....is basically mindboggling.

Of course I didn't want to talk down the work of mods here in general. I know they do a great job and invest a lot of their free time. I have shown my appreciation for this work in this section of the forum already. In the sections of the forum where I am active the most, I rarely see spam. But I think that's mostly due to the good work the mods/admins are doing and I also have read that in other parts of Akiba a lot of spam and irregular posts get posted.
With my post I just was referring to this special case of "one mistake". (more below)

Keep in mind as well that you don't know the particular situation between this uploader and the staff either nor or you likely to.
I laughed at one little mistake

I draw your attention to the thread title, unfortunately his other thread banned again was deleted under same action, and you will find it is not just 1 mistake, I maybe wrong, but I think there was at least 10, and his other account I have forgotten, how many warnings had been issued

Ok, I was just judging by what I read here. I don't know the whole situation, that's true. My bad. If he has done 10 or more posts on several occasions than the whole thing looks more justified.
He said all the time that it was just one post where he made that "mistake". And you seemed to agree on that, because you didn't correct him by saying: "No, you did that at least 10 times." That's why I thought it really was just ONE mistake. After reading all the posts I also wasn't thinking of the title "ban again" anymore.....I was just focused on the posts.

Furthermore a few weeks ago I read in this section about another case where I had the same thoughts. All of Cybershiro's posts were gone just because of ONE link that looked like spam. I have seen many of his posts and he always was sticking to the rules and being a nice guy. I think I even remember the link he posted that got him in trouble (it was linking to another site with infos about an Idol that someone asked for). So I was kinda "angry" about seeing all the posts of a seemingly nice guy getting deleted just because of that single link. So I almost wanted to make my suggestion post back then in this thread:
https://www.akiba-online.com/threads/my-posts-are-gone.1540289/
But I was holding back because I saw that you were restoring a few of his posts and he was ok with it after all. So i kept it to myself. But now by reading this thread here my "old thoughts" about this matter came back and I had to post my suggestion. :)

So I hope you now can see why I first thought it was the right idea to post this right here - it was kind of a misunderstanding+not knowing enough about this case here.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
2) heavy handedness, and I thought I was the tame one

bro, you know I got love for ya and I understand or at least empathize with the job you are asked to do but that doesn't mean I agree with all your decisions. For me, closing discussion threads and deleting argumentitive posts might be a little much at times but you do what you feel you have to do. At least you are an active mod and doing the best you can to make a positive difference here. I give you five stars for effort.

Reactions: CoolKevin

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Of course I didn't want to talk down the work of mods here in general. I know they do a great job and invest a lot of their free time. I have shown my appreciation for this work in this section of the forum already. In the sections of the forum where I am active the most, I rarely see spam. But I think that's mostly due to the good work the mods/admins are doing and I also have read that in other parts of Akiba a lot of spam and irregular posts get posted.
With my post I just was referring to this special case of "one mistake". (more below)

Ok, I was just judging by what I read here. I don't know the whole situation, that's true. My bad. If he has done 10 or more posts on several occasions than the whole thing looks more justified.
He said all the time that it was just one post where he made that "mistake". And you seemed to agree on that, because you didn't correct him by saying: "No, you did that at least 10 times." That's why I thought it really was just ONE mistake. After reading all the posts I also wasn't thinking of the title "ban again" anymore.....I was just focused on the posts.

Furthermore a few weeks ago I read in this section about another case where I had the same thoughts. All of Cybershiro's posts were gone just because of ONE link that looked like spam. I have seen many of his posts and he always was sticking to the rules and being a nice guy. I think I even remember the link he posted that got him in trouble (it was linking to another site with infos about an Idol that someone asked for). So I was kinda "angry" about seeing all the posts of a seemingly nice guy getting deleted just because of that single link. So I almost wanted to make my suggestion post back then in this thread:
But I was holding back because I saw that you were restoring a few of his posts and he was ok with it after all. So i kept it to myself. But now by reading this thread here my "old thoughts" about this matter came back and I had to post my suggestion. :)

So I hope you now can see why I first thought it was the right idea to post this right here - it was kind of a misunderstanding+not knowing enough about this case here.

no problem, glad to clear it up, always try to get it right, yes and errors are made

Reactions: HeavyNosebleed

asdflove

Aug 23, 2015

I'm nedhep,the account "nedhep"was banned again .
I don't think so ,if can show me more then three wrong links, I'll say nothing .I have another account long ago,I‘m sure that account never send linkbucks,because I just knew linkbucks these days
by the way ,if my account was banned ,don't allow me creat another one?

Last edited:

asdflove

Aug 23, 2015
I laughed at one little mistake

I draw your attention to the thread title, unfortunately his other thread banned again was deleted under same action, and you will find it is not just 1 mistake, I maybe wrong, but I think there was at least 10, and his other account I have forgotten, how many warnings had been issued, and the frequency lately has really stepped up, we are going through several reports every few hours, and most are cashlinks

we have a very good attachment system now, and C00Lzero set it up nicely, it is easy to use

1) spam has increased a huge amount

2) heavy handedness, and I thought I was the tame one, and on this one it was more than one person decision to ban, I tried to stay out of it, (I got fed up with it, and was angry, thus clouding my judgement)

3) true more are needed, 20 well a nice thought,

4) yes even I do not know how many times he has been banned, I know of at least 3, and if I dig a little I will find a lot more
If we posted the reason why we ban everybody, I would be typing non stop, and it would get very tedious, in IRC we used to get it a lot as well
you don’t need show 10 wrong links,I hope can show three wrong links ,I was very careful about the account “kakasifa”,I don‘t think it has more mistakes,if you can ,I admit the fault,if you can't ,I also have no demand,you don't need give “kakaisfa” back,just let me die knowing the reason

Last edited:

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
you made more mistakes than you think, if you use attachments, you would not have the problem

Reactions: Ceewan

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
He does not owe you anything.....the misunderstanding is yours not his. If you can't get it right go somewhere else. Even I find you annoying. You realize he can already ban you just because he banned you and you came back. Try looking up the work "ban" and see if you can translate it so you understand it.

Time for me to "unwatch" this thread.

Reactions: CoolKevin

asdflove

Aug 23, 2015
He does not owe you anything.....the misunderstanding is yours not his. If you can't get it right go somewhere else. Even I find you annoying. You realize he can already ban you just because he banned you and you came back. Try looking up the work "ban" and see if you can translate it so you understand it.

Time for me to "unwatch" this thread.
I admit I have one mistake,and I don’t want to pursue it,but then he say there are more then 10 mistakes,I can‘t agree