Anyone knows what is the name of this horror Japanese movie? (Schoolgirls killing each other)

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
I remember watch in a trailer. Does anyone know the name? It is about Japanese schoolgirls in class murder each other with knife. I think it was released after 2010 or something.

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
I can't find trailer to that movie, from the screenshot Shoujou Sensou, it kinda looks like action murder unrealistic film. The movie I'm looking for is the murder looks realistic and has bit of thriller mood in it.

Last edited:

dieterd

Dec 7, 2010
Since you mention after 2010 this probably isn't the movie - still you may find this interesting. There's a famous movie called Battle Royale and a less famous follow up Battle Royale II (2003). It's about some future where a class is captured and everyone is let loose on an island where only 1 survivor is allowed.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0266308/ from 2000

Story seems familiar? Yup. I never got the rage about Hunger Games since I've kinda seen "the original" :). Battle Royale is a super movie .. action filled, funny, self ironic, etc. Word is that Quentin Tarantione just LOVES this movie and that and other Japanese movies were major inspirations for the Kill Bill series. One of the girls - Chiaki Kuriyama - was in both Battle Royale and Kill Bill. You know that girl from Kill Bill as Gogo Yubari, O-Ren's bodyguard.
battle_royale_chiaki_kuriyama.jpg

dieterd

Dec 7, 2010
I didn't say Hunger Games was japanese OR indicate that would be the movie OP was looking for. Battle Royale is from 2000 as I said - if that's old alright it's old.

Reactions: Ceewan

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Old.....the fucking Earth is old, it still is a pretty damn nice place to be. A lot of classic movies are much better than what is now being produced, try them.

Battle Royale is a classic but the act of Japanese students killing each other is pretty common I think. Success in movies breeds copycat (some actually that surpass the original though most fail miserably). It is always hard to say what spqawned what unless someone owns upped to it. The Japanese anime movie "Ghost in the Shell" was the inspiration for "Matrix". "Kill Bill Vol 1" (one of my all time favorite movies) was inspired by the Japanese movie "Lady Snowblood", which was made in 1973. "Hunger Games" was actually based on a series of novels yet there are many simularities to "Battle Royale"....coincedental or not.