Anyone knows any other Japanese shows/animes like Amagami SS?

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
Anyone knows any other Japanese love shows/animes like Amagami SS? I like K-On too, if anyone knows any similarities with that kind of anime.

Reactions: phoinix

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
not fair.....I haven't seen either one (though I have heard of K-On).

I did take a moment to read a bit about it though, it is based on a dating sim game made for PS2. I often find that I enjoy anime that is directed by the same person so you might try that route:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshimasa_Hiraike

"Tenchi Muyo", "Love Hina", "Kannon" and especially "Kimi ga nozomu eien" are anime in this genre so you might give one of them a try....I assuredly will.

Thx for the reccomendations!

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
If torrents are alright I will post what I can find for you. Look in the anime torrent section over the next few days.

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
I actually like High School related stuff, school uniform, or college, that kind of stuff, if you heard of shojou manga, I like that kind of stuff as well.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I have been watching Ikki Tousen lately, when I have had time to enjoy anime, and it is all about High School. Not much of a dating sim though, (seriously great T&A though), it is actually based on The Romance of the Three Kingdoms era.

Shoujou is an interesting genre but I don't have much experience with it as a target preference. I could have been watching it and not even known it.

A lot of anime seems High School orientated but I admit I haven't posted much romance stuff. Of what I have already posted in the torrent section, based on your input, I would suggest:

B Gata H Kei which is not only funny but very girl orientated and probably qualifies on all aspects of your given demographics.

Kono Naka Ni Hitori Imouto Ga Iru I actually have not watched this one yet and I do not know if the torrent is well seeded or not but it sounds like it might be up your alley. If you like the description just leave a message if the torrent is not seeded at all. The originl uploader seeds slowly and sporadically but the size and quality of his torrents are almost impossible to match anywhere on the net. I can probably find a mirror though but it likely will be a much larger torrent.

As far as finding other torrents that you are interested in are you interested in dual-audio (harder to find) or are subbed okay?

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
Those animes you recommended look hot, I'll try look into it, I just hope watching these animes can improve my Japanese.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
That might be expecting a bit much. Like in Ikki Tousen, even with dual-audio, I get lost on who is supposed to be who....and I am actually familar with "The Romance of Three Kingdoms"...at least many of the major players anyway. (It took me almost the whole first season to figure out who was Sun Ce, Cao Cao and Guan Yu....still a little lost on Lei Bieu).

The Japanese have a way of viewing things that is foriegn beyond the boundaries of the simple language barrier to those us from the western hemisphere. So although you may pick up a word or two or even a few phrases take especial care as to how they are used. If you watch a lot of subtitled anime your Japanese is no doubt better than mine (all dual-audios also have english subtitles) yet I admit when I am out of my depth and blandly accept the coarse and crude dubbing. Maybe I am just lazy but there always seems to be enough foreign concepts going on to keep abreast of without worrying about the exactness of the translation. "Attack On Titan" for example, is now being dubbed (and I hear a lot of trash talk about how they butchered the translation) but nothing like that would even be considered by any western animation studios (the art work on that is just incredible by the way). I mean, it is about giants that are literally feeding on the human race to the point of extinction....and it is pretty effing graphic, both emotionally and in teeth rending detail.

I love Japanese anime. It takes me into a different world and looks at things in a way that I sometimes never considered. Villians and Heros are rarely what they seem, anybody can and will die, happy endings are far from a given. I will post those other anime eventually, I have just found some decent subtitled torrents of K-ON! so I will probably post those first. I just have as much free time on my hands as I used to so please forgive my tardiness.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
I just hope the animes you recommended are available for downloads, right now practising Kanji at the moment, seriously 1950 kanji, I got 1600 way to go. I downloaded K-On from animetake.com long time ago when it first aired. I don't know if the links are available now.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I do not post in the direct download section just in the anime torrent section. Some of those posts are up but the ones I suggested in post http://www.akiba-online.com/showthread.php?t=1338741&p=2585145&viewfull=1#post2585145 are not up yet. Working on it...(on an old computer at the moment so I try to find reasonable size torrents to share so I can help seed and verify the quality).

Good for you on your Kanji studies. Personally I found the Japanese writen language intimidating but also very beautiful.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
"Kimi ga nozomu eien" is up now and working on the others. Not a fast download so be patient.

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
Thanks, I'll download it, and watch it after my Kanji strokes practise. Really hurts my hand :p