Any UFC or MMA fans here?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I watch this sport from time to time. About the only sport I do watch nowadays. A bit bloody but fuck....those boys and girls throw down. If you are fan and have any comments on who you like or about recent bouts share them here, I would love to see them. I am a big fan of Invicta too.

EroMura777

Apr 5, 2015
I'm more a wrestling/lucha libre fan. I watch mostly WWE and NXT weekly, and from time to time I watch ROH, TNA, AAA and CMLL. I started watching Lucha Underground, too, and I'd like to retake it where I left, when I have more free time.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I was/am a big CM Punk fan. He is a bit old to fight in the Octagon for the first time and he is not a brute like Lesnar (who lost his first bout but what he did in his return match with Frank Mir was scary, Lesnar beat the fuck out of him). I will be rooting for CM Punk in a couple of months when he fights his first bout. I am interested to see what he is truly made of. Wrestling is okay, great stunt work, but it kinda pales for me to the real deal so I stopped watching it completely after AJ Lee left the WWE. People get injured in wrestling (seriously injured too) but it is on accident. Fighters in MMA usually get injured on purpose (watching Silva break his leg was ugly...but also kinda cool).

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I finished watching UFC 191. I thought most of the really great bouts were in the preliminary fights, which were basically awesome. On the Main Card I really enjoyed the Paige VanZant fight, that girl is just fun to watch. Love to watch the girls fight. Speaking of which INVICTA FC (womens' MMA) on the 12th!

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
INVICTA FC 14 was okay, there were some pretty good fights and some not so good ones. I actually made time to watch all 4 hours of it, lol. Miesha Tate was there supporting a training partner and they gave her some commentating time, which was cool. A couple of fighters didn't make weight but since women MMA fighters are a much sought after commodity right now it was great just to see them scrape up some fighters. There were some standouts: Tonya Evinger (one brutal bitch to fuck with), Andrea Lee ( ewww baby!), Sharon Jacobson ( US Army represents!), and Katja Kankaanpaa (looked really good I thought).

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
UFC Fight Night 75 was pretty good. Some great fights from the Japanese fighters and the main card was much better than I thought it would be, a real war. Josh Barnetts' Japanese was pretty good and he is pretty popular there, he got a lot of cheers. I saw the first Draw ever in a UFC fight (for me anyway) and that was such a fucking battle. The fight between China (in the form of fighter Li Jingliang) and Japan ( in the form of fighter Keita Nakamura) was not one to miss. If you get a chance to watch just one fight on the card, and there were some really good ones, at least watch that one.

genki_desu

Jul 17, 2013
I like UFC but I don't follow it religiously, I just check out some clips on YouTube once in a while. My favorite was Kimbo Slice but I heard he quit a while ago to pursue boxing. I recently heard about knight fighting and been watching that whenever I have a chance:

Reactions: Ceewan

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I had never heard of "knight fights" but looking into it I see it is in its' very early stages of development and its' future uncertain. Entertaining, sure, but whether they can make it into a sport or not....we will see. Thx for the heads up on that though, I will keep an eye out for it.

Kimbo Slice, he is just way past his prime. He could never stand with the elite in the UFC. Last fight I saw of his was in Bellator (where he is now under contract) where he beat up on 50 year old Ken Shamrock (no great feat there). He always was a hard hitter though, you got to give Kimbo his due. I saw him compete in the Ultimate Fighter series and he lost his fight to Roy Nelson (who I mentioned in my last post). Kimbo has no ground game and although he has been working on it that is a hard thing to learn for a man his age and size.

Reactions: genki_desu

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
UFC 192 actually lived up to its' billing. I can't remember a card with as many great battles as this one had. Not one bad fight, a bunch of warriors every one of them.

I watched the Legacy FC 46 as well. This is where a lot of up-and-comers fight, a lot of them (around 30) have been called up to the UFC but many will never get there. A lot of catch-weight fights because fighters have trouble making their weight cut. There were a fe good fights but those were usually one-sided (one guy beating the hell out of another guy). Still better than most sports on TV.

Looking forward to UFC 193 but honestly I think they should have stuck with Meisha Tate as an opponent for Rousey, Holly Holms just isn't ready for her, she is being fed to the wolves here. Rousey always looks good at the weigh-ins though (yeah, I actually watch the weigh-ins sometimes).

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I wish they would do same day weigh-ins as fight day. Since the constant weight cut for every fight must not be healthy for the fighters.

Funny you should mention that. The MMA world is going through a lot of adjustments now that the UFC has banned intravenous rehydration (as of OCT. 1st). I always hated guys fighting clearly out of their weight class. I understand that there is a lot of money at stake but no one likes a cheater. On an unrelated(?) note they say Jon Jones is training to enter the heavyweight division (where he will get his ass kicked by some of those monsters).

Weight cuts can be pretty extreme, even for professional boxers. I don't think giving them 24 hrs to rehydrate naturally to be too much to ask. In the UFC, fighters who miss weight the first weigh-in are fined 20% of their fight purse, if they cannot make weight within the hour the fine goes up to 25%. The same rules apply at INVICTA and I saw this girl miss weight by half-a-pound and then she stripped off her bra and panties and made weight right there on the spot (off course they have a screen set-up for that so you couldn't see the goods).

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
UFC 193 coming up tonight. Two womens belts are being defended and you can bet the Straw wieght fight is gonna get bloody. Not sure about the Bantam weight fight, Rousey should be a sure thing, except she was a little psycho at the weigh ins (but damn, those girls look hot at weigh ins). I have seen Holms fight a few times, she wins but doesn't dominate. I don't think she has ever been taken down though and she has held professional boxing titles and kickboxing titles.....at 20-1 I would lay a bill on her if I was in Vegas.

Not expecting much from the main card (other than the Womens title fights) but the prelims should be good.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
UFC 193 Update:

I don't want to say I called it it but hey! I called it. Congrats to Holly Holm! I don't know if the "Event" was worth $60 to see ( I sure couldn't have paid that) but it was worth watching in general. The straw-weight title fight was probably the best on the whole card but they got cheated on the bonuses. Those girls beat on each other for a solid 25 minutes, it was really something to watch. My hat is off to Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Valerie Letourneau, two real tough bitches (and both are hot too, well before the fight, not so much after). There were a few "bad fights" but more good ones, from the early prelims to the end shocker of a main bout. I mean expecting something and seeing it happen is another matter entirely. I had seen Holm win a somewhat controversial split decision before with another fighter who fought in pretty much the same manner as Rousey did.....but I hadn't seen if Rousey could take getting punched in the face before....she couldn't.

Traditionally judo fighters don't match up well with boxers, unless they also have a wrestling background, which Ronda does not. Ronda trained with Karo Parisyan early in her career and late in his. Parisyn was a contender but had the same basic problem with great strikers he couldn't grapple with (he could take a punch though but he did take a lot of them). He never earned that title shot because of it ( he almost had a shot at Matt Hughes....almost). Rousey hits hard and grapples like no other woman in MMA but she doesn't dodge that well and she is not fluid on her feet. She was just outclassed against Holm, literally.

Last edited:
Reactions: tylersailer

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I always find it hard to believe there are no MMA fans here. Real men like fighting and pussy (not necessarily in that order) but maybe that is not as true for internet geeks. Maybe there are a lot of ONE Championship fans here but if so they haven't said anything in this thread (ONE Championship is the main MMA brand in Asia).

UFC 194 is coming up along with some good fights just before it. Connor McGregor gets to put up or shut up (so to speak, the only way to shut him up would be to break his jaw). I actually love the way Connor fights but he is an asshole about it (not much of a good sport about winning whatsoever) and Aldo hasn't lost a fight in 10 years. I think I will be picking Aldo here even though he is getting long in the tooth and the underdog. Connor is big for the weight class and has trouble making the weight cut if he doesn't win in the first 2 rounds he is probably in real trouble....but facing Aldo he might be in trouble anyway. Jose Aldo was just born to fight.

Chris Wiedman faces off against Luke Rockhold and both are stellar fighters. I am leaning towards Weidman but I would rather watch that battle than bet on it. There is not likely to be a bad fight this weekend and blood will spill. It should be awesome!

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I am glad I didn't have any money to put on the main events at UFC 194, I would have thrown that money away.

UFC put on a 34 fight showcase over the last three days, just some tremendous fights. Congrats to both the winners and the losers. It takes a lot of heart to get in that cage and give it all you have. Blood was spilt and skill was displayed. Gladiators of the Modern Age.

CaptainTsubasa

Dec 11, 2015
Well ufc is really unpredictable because every individual has guts to take down opponent so i guess its too hard to judge in ufc but yes ufc now days growing up and ufc is better and great trust me. i like ufc

Reactions: Ceewan

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Worth mentioning is the Tecia Torres fight from UFC 194. She is undefeated in the Straw-weight division. She beat the shit out of her out-matched opponent (who took the fight on very short notice, to be fair). however she stands only 5'1" and they call her the Tiny Tornado. Pretty little thing too.
12317644_138739043160665_1717291430_n.jpg

That is Tecia on the right, now ranked #4 in her division (even though she has previously beaten #3 ranked Rose Namajunas). She won by unanimous decision but she was pouring it on so bad in round 3 the fight came close to being stopped. I would love to see her fight Joanna for the title someday (and yeah, you bet Joanna was in the crowd checking out the competition).

Reactions: CaptainTsubasa

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
UFC on Fox 17 is tonight. I will be rooting for one of my favorite MMA fighters: Cowboy Cerrone to take the lightweight belt from Rafeal Anjos. I guess we will see tonight if there is anything to the rumors of him "juicing" or Anjos is the real deal. I will also be rooting for the return of bad boy Nate Diaz against Michael Johnson. Michael Johnson is an incredible fighter looking for a title shot and I personally kinda hate the Diaz brothers (they are real assholes) but the Diaz's put-up-or-shut-up in every fight and they are fun to watch. Those two even came to shoves in the hotel before weigh-ins, someone caught it on their phone.

Of course what I am really excited about is the female fighters. The Iranian born Randa Markos squares off against newcomer Karolina Kowalkiewicz from Poland and I will be cheering for the Pole (never count out a Pole in a fight). They both are pretty cute though but maybe not so much after the fight. Sarah Kaufmann takes on another newcomer in Valentina Shevchenko who is best known for beating the Straw-weight champion Joanna in international Muay Thai competitions.....repeatedly. Valentino is a real cutie and she is my pick but Sarah Kaufmann is no joke and has fought the best of the best in the the UFC. This is an under rated fight and possibly a very bloody battle. I can't wait.

Bonus: Valentina Shevchenko Vs Joanna Jedrzejczyk (Muay Thai)
Watch out for that spinning backfist

Last edited:
Reactions: kjamc1982

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Well I was sorry to see Cerrone get his ass kicked but other than that I called the other three fairly well. That Nate Diaz/ Michael Johnson fight was one of the best fights I had seen in awhile. Nate kicked his ass but he took his share too......and was an asshole the whole way (you gotta love consistency).

Karolina Kowalkiewicz (she is in white) put a whupping on Rando Markos:
9005774.jpg
9005783.jpg

Valentina Shevchenko (also in white) won a split decision over Sarah Kaufmann. Sarah actually got the better of the striking (or at least scored more strikes) but Valentina was the clear winner scoring takedowns and landing more serious blows (and yes, she hit that spinning backfist! nobody snapped a picture though)
CWoIwETUsAAdMXB.jpg large.jpg
CWoJGucWwAAM63K.jpg large.jpg

And that should be all the MMA for this year.

Reactions: kjamc1982

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
UFC 195 is coming up in about 24 hrs. I watched the weigh-ins and sometines those can be interesting. Not so much this time, everyone made weight, no one got out-of-hand and they only have one frigging womens fight scheduled (at lest they have one though). IVICTA FC has match this month, can't wait.

Ruthless Robbie Lawler defends his welterweight belt against Carlos Coduit...expect great things from this bout. This is thee most competitive weight class in the UFC and these are two of the best. Conduit is a technician and he is something special but I have seen Lawler coming up for years and he stopped his last opponent with strikes while the guy was still standing...shattered his nose with jabs even though he had a reach disadvantage. The Ruthless one is at his peak and I am a fan. A lot of people are picking Conduit, I am picking Lawler.

I know a lot of the other fighters on the card but I am not familar enough about any other pair to make any predictions. Arlovoski is in the co-main event and he is way over his prime but he keeps knocking people out so if you are a betting man you might want to place a few yen on him. No doubt he is the underdog...again. A pair of Japanese fighters are on the card so if you want to see how the Japanese are fairing in the UFC take a look.

Speaking of Japan, I passed on the new Rizin mma matches held there. If anyone saw them feel free to give a shout out about it here. It is pretty amateur stuff but that can be fun too.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
UFC 195 was a great card. Action packed from the early prelims on fight pass to last fight on the main card. Robbie Lawler got the win by split decision to retain his title and even though Carlos Conduit looked like he got his asskicked (the fifth round was all guts and glory) I have a hard time understanding how anyone gave Lawler anymore than two rounds out the five. Every fighter and fan knows the judges tend to suck at these things though so if someone doesn't finish the fight these things can and do happen. Lawler and Conduit were very graceful about the decision and that says a lot about both fighters. Fighting like a professional isn't enough, you have to act like a professional as well. Other sports could learn a lot from these guys.

The Japanese did very well, winning one and losing one. Michinori Tanaka fought really well in the first and second round, if he improves his accuracy he could be dangerous. He gassed in the last round and to be honest the fight could have gone either way. Masanori Kanehara on the other hand was soundly winning and outclassing his opponent and just got caught in one of the most bizzare and ingenious counters to an arm triangle I have ever seen and had to tap out to a rear naked choke. Kudos to Michael McDonald on the win.

The girls put on a great show and Justine Kish got the win by a rather dubious unanimous decion over a very fiesty Nina Ansaroff. Personally I thought Nina won the fight, I don't know what fight the judges were watching but I admit it was a close fight.
503208320.jpg

That is Nina on the left and Justine on the right. Neither of them are models but that isn't their job and they are kinda hot anyway in that toned-female-athlete way. That core on Justine is incredible, she is like a steel girder. Check this out:

Justine_Kish.jpg