Akira Hollywood r***: “Zac Efron Cast as Kaneda”;Morgan Freeman Circling Colonel Role

urr88

Feb 14, 2009
Another destruction of a perfect anime by America. So it looks like fat and stupid will be there new slogan.
I also heard that Priest is going to come to cinemas in 2011 also made by stupid americans that have no ideea what they are doing.:vomit:

Death Metal

Burning Knuckle
Jan 9, 2007
oh you've got to be kidding me, Hollywood is gonna ruin a great classic anime, for christ sakes
This shouldn't be news for anybody. Hollywood is incapable of porting anime, manga or games to cinema. It's a funny fact that they only do well when it's about THEIR OWN WESTERN COMICS. And this is not coming from your average weeaboo. This is just realism.

I think this happens because Marvel and DC/Vertigo are big corporations that won't let their products - or other big products directly related to theirs - come out like crap and keep a close eye on production, if not difining decisions on it. When it comes to originally eastern media, the original creators and/or brand holders do not care very much about what's gonna come out in the west. I mean, I can't tell for sure this is like that, but it looks like an excuse for the poor production value of anything related to anime, manga and games that could be true. Final Fantasy cinema iterations were only so good because Square was directly related to their production. Look at the abortion that was the King of Fighters movie, made by Hollywood. Did SNK give a shit? I'm more than sure that no, not really. I'd be surprised if Katsuhiro Otomo even knew that an Akira movie is being made by Hollywood.

creyzi4zb12

May 2, 2008
I dunno, sometimes US actors surprise us with their acting...Like how that guy who played the JOker on Batman Begins acted....'twas pretty good.
Plus I kind of like Akira, I wonder how they're gonna do it.

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
I dunno, sometimes US actors surprise us with their acting...Like how that guy who played the JOker on Batman Begins acted....'twas pretty good.
Plus I kind of like Akira, I wonder how they're gonna do it.

I agree. Plus its not like a film studio in Japan was going to make a like action Akira movie and the way some people complain about the Japanese live action adaptions of certian anime series the Hollywood version of Akira would probably be better than the live action Japanese version.

spikier

JAPAN:みんなのあい
Nov 13, 2008
the Hollywood version of Akira would probably be better than the live action Japanese version.

i seriously doubt it. the Japanese rule.

period.

spikier

JAPAN:みんなのあい
Nov 13, 2008
Can a Japanese studio spend the same amount of money that a Hollywood studio can on special effects, set location and big name actors?

so, are you saying that "special effects" are the most important things in entertainment.

well, a good story is all that should matter (to me).

setting location, and big name actors (who are not needed) shouldn't be a problem. I've seen them do it before. numerous times ^____^.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
I'm sure the new Western Akira will suck, but so what? The manga and anime aren't diminished in any way; they're superlative works that will stand the test of time.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
It's a funny fact that they only do well when it's about THEIR OWN WESTERN COMICS.

Actual I would consider this to be a myth and not supportable by the facts. Although in fairness I can see how one might come to this conclusion. The truth is Hollywood has made a living out of butchering not only the stories from western comicbooks but from western fiction in general. The plain fact is way more than half of what is produced in Hollwood is trash and watchable only as a form of torture in most Islamic countries.

This is not to say that Hollwood is incapable of producing magnificient productions that are rarely, if ever, matched by anyone else in the world. I am just saying that their failures far out weigh their successes. I could go into detail as to how even in success they have spit on the ideas and concepts of the sources of where the original scripts were derived from but this forum is not large enough to contain such a list nor would my limited knowledge do justice to the subject.

interesting article on the Akira movie:
http://screenrant.com/akira-movie-script-review-uncapie-85448/

xdeath209

Feb 14, 2010
Why dose hollywood trys to mess with stuff they shouldent, there gona ruin a good clasic, they should just leave it alone, most of the moves they make based on anime are horrible:pissed:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Steven Spielberg's gonna be filming it. Maybe that'd make us think twice about the r*** thing.

Yeah, well...look what he did to the last Iniana Jones movie. Spielberg is a sellout. Talented yes,...but still a sellout.

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
so, are you saying that "special effects" are the most important things in entertainment.well, a good story is all that should matter (to me).

A good story can be ruined with bad special effects, lousy actors and poor set locations.

Xcaliber9999

May 10, 2009
Nowadays it seems special effects and CGI are becoming a common thing in entertainment or should I say already became >_>

I am not complaining or anything its just that they are over using the stuff ...its just like CGI or special effects is everything *sigh*

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Code:
http://www.cracked.com/article_18664_5-annoying-trends-that-make-every-movie-look-same.html