akiba resident JAV subtitlers & subtitle talk★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

soloporhoy666

Nov 29, 2021
Thank you. It sounds promising. I will wait to see how others might like it.
Did you provide a link on how best to run this program? Online or download? Is a certain system requirement is needed?

If it can do well on rctd-459 as a test, I think it might be good. It's not a movie I like but it would be a good a test subject.
Later I will upload the file or address of the Collab again, since it works from the cloud, only that I am at home and with my computer to upload the address.

Reactions: Taako

soloporhoy666

Nov 29, 2021
Did you provide a link on how best to run this program? Online or download? Is a certain system requirement is needed?

If it can do well on rctd-459 as a test, I think it might be good. It's not a movie I like but it would be a good a test subject.
I am making all the subtitles for my films that I like, which it seems would never have subtitles, some because they are old and others lack interest, but now I am enjoying translating and finally being able to know what those stories say.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
I am making all the subtitles for my films that I like, which it seems would never have subtitles, some because they are old and others lack interest, but now I am enjoying translating and finally being able to know what those stories say.
Indeed. Which is why I sub my own. Always have. Always will:cool:

soloporhoy666

Nov 29, 2021

Well, I leave you some images of what was a test, so for now it is a new record, more than 2000 lines of text, very good, it is not perfect, there are some lines that the program repeats, but they are minimal, I hope you are back soon dark side and start creating more subtitles with this new system, I also leave the collab link.
Pantallazo 16-12-2022 21.19.49.pngPantallazo 16-12-2022 21.19.14.png

Reactions: xsf27

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Well, I leave you some images of what was a test, so for now it is a new record, more than 2000 lines of text, very good, it is not perfect, there are some lines that the program repeats, but they are minimal, I hope you are back soon dark side and start creating more subtitles with this new system, I also leave the collab link.
View attachment 3119823View attachment 3119824
What is the test? The movie you been working on?
2000 line is quite good.

mrklhsnbrg

Oct 5, 2022
Hey I am also using Whisper. It is a very promising for Speech-to-Text model so far! I also tried it with Youtube Japanese contents. But with AVs, I happen to see the repeated sequences (mostly during AV's performers are having sex) 1671275163051.png

I wonder if you've had encounter this problem and if you have, do you have a solution for it? Thanks a lot

Reactions: soloporhoy666

soloporhoy666

Nov 29, 2021
Hey I am also using Whisper. It is a very promising for Speech-to-Text model so far! I also tried it with Youtube Japanese contents. But with AVs, I happen to see the repeated sequences (mostly during AV's performers are having sex) View attachment 3120193

I wonder if you've had encounter this problem and if you have, do you have a solution for it? Thanks a lot
change to Whisper+VAD model, here is the link, this other Collab, it uses audio enhancement and repeated lines, it is easier to use and removes many of the repeated lines, repeated lines are a problem, but it is solved with this another option, leaving almost perfect lines of text, so far the best transcription option.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Prinsipe said:
Hi Taako - are you a native japanese speaker? Like how can you tell if which is the right one, your sub or the whisper?
No. I would never call myself a native speaker. What I do have is some Japanese friends on other forum who sometimes help me with subs.

My skill in Japanese is very modest at best. I understand some things and speak very little. So I would NOT call myself a native. That would be insulting.

As I stated, my subs are usually 80-90% correct. Sometimes 70-80% . I would never place my subs any higher. Any though I'm confidence.

How do I know my sub for RCT-459 is correct? If you read what I wrote, I said "It's possible Whisper is right and my sub is wrong, but I doubt it.

With my first update, I compare my sub with what Whisper and Whisper simply did not compare to human translation. It left out lots of dialogue and made left sentence little to desire.

On my first Update; as I stated earlier, it did get some subs. It did. Why lie if it is functioning correctly? But... it also missed a lot of easy dialogue too. I won't lie about it. All of which is normal for software.
Not a big deal.

I knew this particular movie would be a good test because...
1. There's lots of talking.
2. More than 1 person talk as well.
3. There is background talking and some low talking.

Very ideal conditions to test Whisper imo. This movie isn't good but a good test nonetheless.

So on my second test, I wanted to watch the movie and sub together.
So I didn't compare it to my sub and went in blind.
1. To see how the movie and sub played well together.
2. Would I be able to understand the context of the movie given the sub.

My second test is rather uneven because I know what my sub say for each scene, kinda.
That said, I have to be honest, the Whisper sub did missed in letting me know the context of the movie.
It got some dialogue correct but the tone and context was lost.

If this was a new sub, I would not be able to tell you what the movie was about.
Instead I would have to look at the movie and guess the majority of what the movie was about.

Is this normal for Jav subbing? Yes I think so.

But when I sub, I try to sub every bit of dialogue and give you the full movie.
Yes it takes a long time to sub and yes it will never be 100% but I stand by my subs.
I tested whisper and showed a great result for me. I also run the same movie in capcut. Whisper and capcut shows the same transcriptions but there are lines and words that are better in whisper than capcut and vise versa. The transcriptions in whisper and capcut is similar. And from my observation, whisper construct sentences more than capcut. But my method is i am merging the two transcriptions to get a better transcription results by cleaning it up a little bit. From my experience of using different applications or software, whisper is by far the best and next to it is capcut. But that is just my opinion.
I will not disagree to anyone who results are good for them:)
Sorry if i disagree with your statement about "why accept something that is nothing and not accurate". Maybe you have a high standard, i get that.
It's not about high standards. It's about what you're willing to accept.
Everyone will accept what's necessary for them.

I choose to sub because machine translation were no use to me. And lots of the movies I like have no subs. Subbing my own just helps me understand the whole movie.
Because of whisper and capcut, I understand the story of the movie unlike before. So for me, whisper and capcut is not "nothing" at all, and about the accuracy - for me,
If you feel insulted about what I said you shouldn't. Again what I stated was my opinion.
As I stated, Whisper pick up a lot of the dialogue that even I missed. But... for this sub it miss a lot and the context wasn't there--for me.

Could it be the movie? Yes. I stated the movie was a good test because it has elements that make subbing somewhat difficult.
Different movies, different results. I believe that for any software being used.

Did Whisper pass the test for me? Again, it failed more than it pass for me...
But as a tool to help sub... absolutely it pass.
the best way to know if the transcriptions are accurate if you are a native nihongo speaker, or you studied nihongo to learn how to understand it, or if you know someone who are literate in nihongo.
That is a given for me and others who sub.

I don't believe anyone here; Imscully, George, Chuckie100, Darksider59, Mei2, Soloporhoy666, Makkdom, ding73ding, myself, and others believe our subs are 100% accurate. We don't.

In fact, if you notice we are very open and tell everyone we are NOT Japanese speakers and our subs are not 100% accurate. We also tell people if it's machine translations.

So, you need not to get upset. I think everyone here is very open and honest.
And everyone has a different opinions.
This is just my opinion. Peace and Happy Holidays everyone.
Thank you. Happy Holiday:)

Last edited:

Prinsipe

Aug 31, 2013
No. I would never call myself a native speaker. What I do have is some Japanese friends on other forum who sometimes help me with subs.

My skill in Japanese is very modest at best. I understand some things and speak very little. So I would NOT call myself a native. That would be insulting.

As I stated, my subs are usually 80-90% correct. Sometimes 70-80% . I would never place my subs any higher. Any though I'm confidence.

How do I know my sub for RCT-459 is correct? If you read what I wrote, I said "It's possible Whisper is right and my sub is wrong, but I doubt it.

With my first update, I compare my sub with what Whisper and Whisper simply did not compare to human translation. It left out lots of dialogue and made left sentence little to desire.

On my first Update; as I stated earlier, it did get some subs. It did. Why lie if it is functioning correctly? But... it also missed a lot of easy dialogue too. I won't lie about it. All of which is normal for software.
Not a big deal.

I knew this particular movie would be a good test because...
1. There's lots of talking.
2. More than 1 person talk as well.
3. There is background talking and some low talking.

Very ideal conditions to test Whisper imo. This movie isn't good but a good test nonetheless.

So on my second test, I wanted to watch the movie and sub together.
So I didn't compare it to my sub and went in blind.
1. To see how the movie and sub played well together.
2. Would I be able to understand the context of the movie given the sub.

My second test is rather uneven because I know what my sub say for each scene, kinda.
That said, I have to be honest, the Whisper sub did missed in letting me know the context of the movie.
It got some dialogue correct but the tone and context was lost.

If this was a new sub, I would not be able to tell you what the movie was about.
Instead I would have to look at the movie and guess the majority of what the movie was about.

Is this normal for Jav subbing? Yes I think so.

But when I sub, I try to sub every bit of dialogue and give you the full movie.
Yes it takes a long time to sub and yes it will never be 100% but I stand by my subs.

I will not disagree to anyone who results are good for them:)

It's not about high standards. It's about what you're willing to accept.
Everyone will accept what's necessary for them.

I choose to sub because machine translation were no use to me. And lots of the movies I like have no subs. Subbing my own just helps me understand the whole movie.

If you feel insulted about what I said you shouldn't. Again what I stated was my opinion.
As I stated, Whisper pick up a lot of the dialogue that even I missed. But... for this sub it miss a lot and the context wasn't there--for me.

Could it be the movie? Yes. I stated the movie was a good test because it has elements that make subbing somewhat difficult.
Different movies, different results. I believe that for any software being used.

Did Whisper pass the test for me? Again, it failed more than it pass for me...
But as a tool to help sub... absolutely it pass.

That is a given for me and others who sub.

I don't believe anyone here; Imscully, George, Chuckie100, Dark, Mei2, soloporhoy666, Makkdom, darksider, myself, and others believe our subs are 100% accurate. We don't.

In fact, if you notice we are very open and tell everyone we are NOT Japanese speakers and our subs are not 100% accurate. We also tell people if it's machine translations.

So, you need not to get upset. I think everyone here is very open and honest.
And everyone has a different opinions.

Thank you. Happy Holiday:)
Hi Taako -

Thank you for your response.

I am amazed how detailed you explain yourself. Sorry if I did offend you. And no, i am not insulted, it was just i also want to express my opinion on whisper and capcut. That is all. I am not upset, i just want to give credit for those who made whisper and capcut, for their hard work and specifically for giving it to us for FREE.

Your words are - "Why accept something that is nothing and not accurate?"

To give an adjective of "nothing" to the works of the programmers are an insult to them to be honest. For me, maybe, we should just choose the right words. Please don't get mad on this one. This is just my opinion too. Hehe.

You said - "How do I know my sub for RCT-459 is correct? If you read what I wrote, I said "It's possible Whisper is right and my sub is wrong, but I doubt it."

May i know what is your basis in doing your subtitles? Are you asking most of the spoken words in a movie to your japanese friends on another forum, or most of it was transcribed by you which you said that you are not a native japanese speaker and you said that you understand some things and speak very little. And also, how can you explain that the transcriptions in whisper and capcut are similar compared to yours. Please don't think that i am mad or something. I am just asking questions. Hehe. And also, please don't get mad at me. I believe that we are just expressing our opinions here and asking questions, okay? Peace. ✌️

Again, i am sorry if i did offend you or if i chose the wrong words.

Thank you for your feedback on whisper too. But I believe that the whisper and capcut transcriptions are accurate based on my test because the transcription results between the two different programs are similar in meaning. But of course not as accurate as human transcriptions and i agree with the bugs of whisper on repeated lines and some words are not transcribed well or missing, but for a program to do something like that is amazing for me.

Peace. ✌️

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Hi Taako -

Thank you for your response.

I am amazed how detailed you explain yourself. Sorry if I did offend you. And no, i am not insulted, it was just i also want to express my opinion on whisper and capcut. That is all. I am not upset, i just want to give credit for those who made whisper and capcut, for their hard work and specifically for giving it to us for FREE.
This perfectly ok imo
Your words are - "Why accept something that is nothing and not accurate?"

To give an adjective of "nothing" to the works of the programmers are an insult to them to be honest. For me, maybe, we should just choose the right words. Please don't get mad on this one. This is just my opinion too. Hehe.
Again you're reading way too mcuh into this.
My opinion. Just because I look and accept things differently do no mean others have to.

For some reason you are taking things as an insult and I don't understand why???
You said - "How do I know my sub for RCT-459 is correct? If you read what I wrote, I said "It's possible Whisper is right and my sub is wrong, but I doubt it."

May i know what is your basis in doing your subtitles? Are you asking most of the spoken words in a movie to your japanese friends on another forum, or most of it was transcribed by you which you said that you are not a native japanese speaker and you said that you understand some things and speak very little. And also, how can you explain that the transcriptions in whisper and capcut are similar compared to yours. Please don't think that i am mad or something. I am just asking questions.
I explained most of everything, as precisely as I could. I mean... I don't know what you're asking???
Hehe. And also, please don't get mad at me. I believe that we are just expressing our opinions here and asking questions, okay? Peace. ✌️

Again, i am sorry if i did offend you or if i chose the wrong words.
Neither has happen.
You did not offend me. I am somewhat puzzled about what you called "insulting" the dev of the software...but
I'm not upset:p
Thank you for your feedback on whisper too. But I believe that the whisper and capcut transcriptions are accurate based on my test because the transcription results between the two different programs are similar in meaning.
This is good. As someone stated, Whisper is still "learning". So maybe it will get better and better as more people uses it.
But of course not as accurate as human transcriptions and i agree with the bugs of whisper on repeated lines and some words are not transcribed well or missing, but for a program to do something like that is amazing for me.

Peace. ✌️
Indeed, it's great AI has come so far.
As I stated, PyTranscriber, Whisper, and others are good tools for subbing. I still won't recommend capcut but I won't dismiss those who uses it.

Peace to you as well. It's nice to have a healthy discussion on a great forum as this.:)

soloporhoy666

Nov 29, 2021
Everyone is right, as far as I'm concerned, Whisper isn't perfect, but it works for me, I've been creating the subtitles in Whisper and finally I could understand the plot, I don't mind that sometimes I changed some words (sucks my hand) it is obvious that it refers to something else hehehe but I can survive with those failures, just like the subtitles that I find and change the meaning from mother-in-law to mom or daughter, to give a different meaning, if the human makes changes, why AI can't? well to finish Whisper is much better than the other similar options, when translating into my language it is quite understandable, the grammar is not perfect but it works for me, that is why I am excited to use this AI, it gives me results than with other options ever I managed, obviously it will never be perfect as a human translation, where the interpretation and the emotion of the person is essential, (let's take let's go I feel like making love to you) just an example. have a nice party.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Everyone is right, as far as I'm concerned, Whisper isn't perfect, but it works for me, I've been creating the subtitles in Whisper and finally I could understand the plot, I don't mind that sometimes I changed some words (sucks my hand) it is obvious that it refers to something else hehehe but I can survive with those failures, just like the subtitles that I find and change the meaning from mother-in-law to mom or daughter, to give a different meaning, if the human makes changes, why AI can't? well to finish Whisper is much better than the other similar options, when translating into my language it is quite understandable, the grammar is not perfect but it works for me, that is why I am excited to use this AI, it gives me results than with other options ever I managed, obviously it will never be perfect as a human translation, where the interpretation and the emotion of the person is essential, (let's take let's go I feel like making love to you) just an example. have a nice party.
Agree. And as I stated it got a lot of the dialogue somewhat right.
In the case of RCT-459 i try to approach it the 2nd time as someone not having a previous sub.
Although, it didn't help me undersand the movie, it did help fill in some words I missed.

We all have to be honest in our assessment of any software, that's the only way to find the problems and resolve it.

And also let's not forget, different movies will yield different results.
Whisper, like many other softwares will have bad to good results with different movies. And be even more useful, except capcut lol

Anyways, I am happy there's another software I can use. And I am never afraid to ask for help as I have stated many many times:) I'm certain I'll install Whisper in the future but not capcut lol

Last edited:
Reactions: soloporhoy666

Prinsipe

Aug 31, 2013
Below is a sample of capcut transcription. Seems decent to me, and with that result, I understood the movie’s story. I did not edit anything or clean up anything on that. It is not that accurate, yes, but the overall context of the story is there. So, for me, capcut is still a good application to generate transcription. :)

Capture.JPG

Reactions: mei2

xsf27

May 23, 2012
Hi there, I've been using Whisper AI to try to translate some JAVs and am using VLC player to rip the audio from the video files in order to upload.

I apologise if this has been gone over previously, but I was just wondering if there are any settings that I should be activating on VLC prior to ripping to ensure maximum legibility for Whisper? Or is there another better software or website that is better suited for the task?

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014

For RCTD-459, I just checked the first minute (36 seconds to 1min) , and of course as it's AI, it's wrong.

00:00:36
-Here it is.
-Thank you

00:00:38
-Put this on (the table)
-Okay

00:00:44
-Oh ? A yogurt too ...
- Try to be careful

00:00:46
Thanks. It makes me happy.

00:00:48
-It's the morning and I'm already pumped
- Really ?

00:00:50
It's the same thing everyday

00:00:51
Hello

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Sataniko and Taako

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
For RCTD-459, I just checked the first minute (36 seconds to 1min) , and of course as it's AI, it's wrong.

00:00:36
-Here it is.
-Thank you

00:00:38
-Put this on (the table)
-Okay

00:00:44
-Oh ? There is a yogurt ...
- Try to be careful

00:00:46
Thanks. It makes me happy.

00:00:48
-It's the morning and I'm already pumped
- Really ?

00:00:50
It's the same thing everyday

00:00:51
Hello

Yes.
When I compare it with my sub. I stated it wrong right out the gate lol

I think this software is best used as a base, as myself and others suggested.
It can provide some timecodes and some subs...but for real accuracy...not so much.

Reactions: Imscully

maload

Jul 1, 2008
i found something on the net that very funny
its about how to use "mango "
its not just " pussy "
it can be something else too
and i guess lots of movies have these word in the movies for sure
so its useful

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
I decide to start posting on this thread because it's not for posting subs, I think we are forgetting what that thread is about.
Anyways if a mod, wants to take a look and appropriately start cleaning it up, that would be nice:)

So I'm going for dinner/drinks soon and decided to test Whisper for a couple of hours.
An hour movie, mp3 of course. The movie I know only has "talking" for the first scene.
I want to know...
1. Can Whisper find the subs?
2. Are the subs accurate?
3. Will it make up subs, for a movie where subs don't exist:p

Anywayyyyys, Happy New Years

Reactions: mei2 and Imscully