akiba resident JAV subtitlers & subtitle talk★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

wongguy

Nov 2, 2008
Hey Tortex,

Really appreciate what your doing here. I recently too had the idea of putting subtitles on some of my JAV. But I'm a noob, even though I previously manage to sub the entire Jyouou Virgin drama (I am echocustomz for those of you who dl that drama sub at d-addicts). I know from experience that it takes time if you don't have the right software. But I just recently experimenting with yrz008 from the chinese sub movie, but i won't publish it that as the chinese sub movie isn't the full movie, so it's pointless to have a half-sub movie. My real work will be is jufd118, but it will be sub from the 1080p files. So if anyone is interested in that film, download the 1080p movie. Subs will arrive soon.

tortex

Dec 31, 2009
Hey Tortex,

Really appreciate what your doing here. I recently too had the idea of putting subtitles on some of my JAV. But I'm a noob, even though I previously manage to sub the entire Jyouou Virgin drama (I am echocustomz for those of you who dl that drama sub at d-addicts). I know from experience that it takes time if you don't have the right software. But I just recently experimenting with yrz008 from the chinese sub movie, but i won't publish it that as the chinese sub movie isn't the full movie, so it's pointless to have a half-sub movie. My real work will be is jufd118, but it will be sub from the 1080p files. So if anyone is interested in that film, download the 1080p movie. Subs will arrive soon.

Looking forward to it. Do you know if I can find those 1080p files here for JUFD-118 or should I look elsewhere?

It would be great if we could get a community of people to start producing subs.

alphaqsilly

Aug 24, 2009
First and foremost, I want to thank Desioner for presenting a mutually beneficial deal for making these subs available. I couldn't be more pleased with the work he did on this. He has also been great to work with and I hope we can do more projects like this in the future.

To my fellow forum members, I present to you English subs for SOE-339:
View attachment 625280

SOE-339 - Wife F*cked In Front of Husband (Sora Aoi)
In this movie Sora is blackmailed by an owner of a salon.

SOE-339.ass - 56 KB

On a side note, this should put to rest the notion that all JAV is just oohs and aahs.

I am working on another JAV at the moment. A part of the deal that Desioner and I worked out is that I am responsible for the timecoding of the video. This takes a bit of time and I have other reponsibilities that take priority, so the work goes slowly. I am about 30 minutes in to a 2 hour video and will have some time this week to make more progress. Hopefully I get things wrapped up soon and Desioner has time in his schedule for the translation.

For now, please enjoy!

Thanks very much for this. I have soe 339 that I d/l years ago. I looked up how to use .ass files but the subtitles still don't seem to show up. Is there a specific version of soe 339 that I need to download? If this is the wrong place to be asking please direct me to the appropriate subforum.

alphaqsilly

Aug 24, 2009
BTW what was it about SOE-339 that makes it one of your all time faves? Have you seen RBD 460 is that a title that could be of interest to you?

tortex

Dec 31, 2009
Thanks very much for this. I have soe 339 that I d/l years ago. I looked up how to use .ass files but the subtitles still don't seem to show up. Is there a specific version of soe 339 that I need to download? If this is the wrong place to be asking please direct me to the appropriate subforum.

Which platform are you on Windows or Mac? I've only heard of this "issue" once before and it was on the mac platform.

As long as the subtitles and the video file have the same file (with different extensions) and you use something like Media Player Classic (what I use) or VLC you should be good to go. There maybe an "add-on" that needs to be downloaded... I can't remember the name right now but the full install of the codec pack that includes Media Player Classic has it. You can always PM me and with the follow up information and I'll see what I can do.

tortex

Dec 31, 2009
BTW what was it about SOE-339 that makes it one of your all time faves? Have you seen RBD 460 is that a title that could be of interest to you?

I haven't seen RBD-460. I'll have to take a look.

What is it about SOE-339... (1) the story; I tend to like the blackmail story lines and it is great start to finish; (2) the acting; Sora plays the role perfectly; (3) the scenes aren't repetitive; there are two that kind of are but it is minimal compared to most.

Some JAV have a great idea/storyline and maybe one scene is good then it kind of breaks down, get repetitive and turns into a series of just sex scenes. This one didn't.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
[irony]Unfortunately my Chinese is a little bit rusty.[/irony]
Just kidding. :prance: But even my Japanese is better than my Chinese. Maybe it's a good site for all the Chinese speakers in this forum. But for the majority (or at least me) I think it's not very helpful. :poor:

Nevertheless there is one thing I'm curious about: How is the quality of these Chinese subs? Are they on the same level like the English subs of that spikespen guy? Or are they really accurate? :puzzled:

Wow, they've subbed already 97 movies in total. :exhausted:

rsman122

May 30, 2009
Good shout rsman...sadly the titles are limited and divided in two parts, which only works for HD titles I have (most of my SD vids are in a single file). Really hope it expands into tens of thousands of titles (I mean, they're out there, but I always find them hardcoded into rmvb files).

Does anyone know which group made the Chinese subs?

Well you could combine the files. All you have to really worry about is time shifting the file.
Try this out: http://yocto.projects.free.fr/Programs/SrtTimeShifter/SrtTimeShifter.html
I tried it on the chinese characters and works fine.

tortex

Dec 31, 2009
I have created a new 2-3 subtitle at this blog.
http://javsubtitle.uni.me/

I can't speak to the Thai subs. But the English Subs on this blog are from Tsunami7 off the Scanlover forum or in the case of SOE-339 it is the one that Desioner and I worked on and was posted here and at Scanlover.

If you check here or Scanlover you can download them directly without having to go through linkbucks.

There are some other English Sub that I have not seen previously but the translations are not anywhere near the quality that Tsunami7 or Desioner have provided.

On one hand you could say that it is nice that all the subs are pulled together in one location but on the other I don't know how to feel about somebody collecting and reposting another persons work. And I do know how hypocritical that sounds considering what I download myself but what I download I don't repost. And factor in the sub that I put together I paid for (as well as put some time/effort) and made available freely... I am not sure how to take that exactly.

The subs were not modified so Tsunami7, Desioner and myself are still "credited" in the subs but...

I would just say... ask... if you want the subs in the blog look here first and then check over at Scanlover.

qwerty07

Mar 3, 2010
I can't speak to the Thai subs. But the English Subs on this blog are from Tsunami7 off the Scanlover forum or in the case of SOE-339 it is the one that Desioner and I worked on and was posted here and at Scanlover.

If you check here or Scanlover you can download them directly without having to go through linkbucks.

There are some other English Sub that I have not seen previously but the translations are not anywhere near the quality that Tsunami7 or Desioner have provided.

On one hand you could say that it is nice that all the subs are pulled together in one location but on the other I don't know how to feel about somebody collecting and reposting another persons work. And I do know how hypocritical that sounds considering what I download myself but what I download I don't repost. And factor in the sub that I put together I paid for (as well as put some time/effort) and made available freely... I am not sure how to take that exactly.

The subs were not modified so Tsunami7, Desioner and myself are still "credited" in the subs but...

I would just say... ask... if you want the subs in the blog look here first and then check over at Scanlover.

How time consuming is it translating a 2 hour standard movie?

tortex

Dec 31, 2009
How time consuming is it translating a 2 hour standard movie?

There are two things that go into this... time coding and translating. I think the time coding is the most time consuming. I don't want to take anything away from the translating part but I feel the time coding is where the bulk of the time is spent.

The way things have worked is I do the time coding. At a minimum I have to watch the hour 2 hours but typically I am repeating sections of dialog at least twice to make sure I have the start and end points pretty close. I think the repeating part can end up taking 4 to 6 hours.

Perhaps that time is how I choose to work. I don't actually work in AegiSub. I watch with VLC and I have an MS Excel based system that I put together that allows me to select start and end times. For whatever reason I can seem to get a handle on how AegiSub works. So there is a lot of back and forth between VLC and my Excel system. I'll also put dialog placeholders so I can check the timings against the video.

I am able to dump the Excel into .ass format and then I send that to Desioner. The idea here is that if I have done my job well enough the translation time is easier for him because he just has to translate the time codes I've essentially "highlighted."

In my estimation a 2 hour movie is between 4 and 6 hours to time code and another 1 to 2 hours to translate. It is hard for me to speak to the time it takes to translate because I don't do that part and I don't want to short change that effort.

Plus you have to factor in some time to watch the subs and make small timing corrections, spell checking, and sometimes I may go back to Desioner with questions about translation or to fill in what I call a "drop" where there is time code but no translation.

It may not seem like a lot of time but you have to factor in that both of us have other priorities in life and can only work on this in small pockets of time.

I have a Yuna Mizumoto JAV that I will release subs for but I need to review and clean up some of the time coding I provided to Desioner. I just haven't had time to get to it. I've only had time to watch it all the way through one time myself!

I have also started time coding a Risa Kasumi JAV a LONG time ago. It is almost done except for the last scene but it has sat for several months because I don't have the time.

I would love to release more subs and with less time between releases but it just isn't possible.

qwerty07

Mar 3, 2010
There are two things that go into this... time coding and translating. I think the time coding is the most time consuming. I don't want to take anything away from the translating part but I feel the time coding is where the bulk of the time is spent.

The way things have worked is I do the time coding. At a minimum I have to watch the hour 2 hours but typically I am repeating sections of dialog at least twice to make sure I have the start and end points pretty close. I think the repeating part can end up taking 4 to 6 hours.

Perhaps that time is how I choose to work. I don't actually work in AegiSub. I watch with VLC and I have an MS Excel based system that I put together that allows me to select start and end times. For whatever reason I can seem to get a handle on how AegiSub works. So there is a lot of back and forth between VLC and my Excel system. I'll also put dialog placeholders so I can check the timings against the video.

I am able to dump the Excel into .ass format and then I send that to Desioner. The idea here is that if I have done my job well enough the translation time is easier for him because he just has to translate the time codes I've essentially "highlighted."

In my estimation a 2 hour movie is between 4 and 6 hours to time code and another 1 to 2 hours to translate. It is hard for me to speak to the time it takes to translate because I don't do that part and I don't want to short change that effort.

Plus you have to factor in some time to watch the subs and make small timing corrections, spell checking, and sometimes I may go back to Desioner with questions about translation or to fill in what I call a "drop" where there is time code but no translation.

It may not seem like a lot of time but you have to factor in that both of us have other priorities in life and can only work on this in small pockets of time.

I have a Yuna Mizumoto JAV that I will release subs for but I need to review and clean up some of the time coding I provided to Desioner. I just haven't had time to get to it. I've only had time to watch it all the way through one time myself!

I have also started time coding a Risa Kasumi JAV a LONG time ago. It is almost done except for the last scene but it has sat for several months because I don't have the time.

I would love to release more subs and with less time between releases but it just isn't possible.

You say that time coding is most time consuming. Let's say if someone time codes the movies, how easy a process would it be to just fill in the translations?

I don't know Japanese, but I'm willing to time code movies if someone who can translate is willing to.

Also, the movie has to be the exact same copy right? There's a lot different versions of movies out there released by different group.

feet01

Aug 2, 2009
I would like to see some of Nanami Nanase movies subtitled.
She was very sweet and talkative girl. And without knowing what is she talking about - something is missing.

If someone has the time and likes her movies...

SDDM-035 - A 1 Girl Bukkake Tube Massive Bukkake. (aka 100 Semen Shots Vol. 3)
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2106553&highlight=nanami+nanase#post2106553

Then, SDDM-059 (Fan Appreciation Day). I'm just interested what is this pretty-faced girl saying to her fans
while she takes their cum in her pretty little mouth :)

SDDM-010 (One Week With Only Semen)
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2280219&highlight=sddm-010#post2280219

And, of course, SDDH-011, Semen Maniac 1
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219306

Thanks in advance!

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
I agree that the JAV producers should also get paid. How about paying both? The JAV producers as well as the translators which offer an additional SRT or ASS file to the movie? :glasses:

It's a pity that there is isn't a subbing group culture in JAV like in Japanese and Korean dramas or Japanese Anime. :cry5:
They have whole teams working on this including translation, type-setting and QA. This results in a lot of very high quality subtitles. In additional there isn't only group subbing it which leads to some competition between them. This again leads to even better subtitles and higher probabilities that a movie gets subbed.

wongguy

Nov 2, 2008
My problem with JAV producers or any other producers that does films with av actress is that they don't invest their time on subtitles properly. I was considering subbing Jyouou 3 and and went bought a legit dvd on ebay. It turns out it was sub but was 100% lousy since it was sub word for word from chinese translation. How dare they call this was a finish product. It's a complete insult and a far cry from my work on Jyouou 2 GP.

A while back I've posted that I would be subbing jufd118 but my pc was formatted and instead went on and sub other videos instead. During that time I don't know much about subbing and did it the hard way using notepad to create srt files. Now I am using ageisub which is superior and shorten the amount of time I need to sub. Here is a small list of what I've done or currently in progress (sub from chinese sub and don't know chinese very well-best guess):

JOB025 (completed except the last scene as it was cutoff from the chinese version)
MIDD994 (completed 1080p(video file was split in 2 parts))
SOE719 (In progress but completed first part of 1080p (video file was split in 2 parts))
MIDD910 (in progress)
YRZ006 (Completed the sub from chinese version but experimenting my best knowledge to unsubbed parts of the film)
YRZ031 (In progress)
YRZ005 (Completed under chinese sub file - in progress to re-edit to the original version)
YRZ034 (Completed under chinese sub file - in progress to re-edit to the original version)
SOE280 (in progress)

If any of you are interested in these files or wish to finish it or refined the subs more, let me know and I will publish what I have.

wongguy

Nov 2, 2008
Just so that I'm not just all talk, here is MIDD994 part 1 (Opening intro was purely made up since it was cutoff from the chinese version - was using dragon dictation to assist. My real sub begins after the title display). Pls change the file format into .ass (had it change to doc file since it won't let me upload)

Attachments

• [NoDRM]-midd994hhb1.doc
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,237
Reactions: 4 people

chrisfallout

Jul 8, 2008
it also comes down to slang since. USA English slang is way different from UK and Aussie aka Australia slang. also fact if look at English langue you will see this. to two and too sound same but not same meaning. also for hear and here not same meaning . we have to many words that sound same but have different meaning and spelling. also in uk you get boys or girls say that person looks very fit. Fit is a word that I have heard a lot recently - it seems to be making a comeback. A fit bird means a girl who is pretty good looking or tasty! A fit bloke would be the male equivalent. but in USA or Aussie aka Australia would not use that word

keanurefresh

Jun 7, 2013
Just so that I'm not just all talk, here is MIDD994 part 1 (Opening intro was purely made up since it was cutoff from the chinese version - was using dragon dictation to assist. My real sub begins after the title display). Pls change the file format into .ass (had it change to doc file since it won't let me upload)

Wow, that is awesome man, could you release the part 2? :th_059_:

and just out curiosity,
are you a japanese who can speak english well?
or are you not a japanese who learn the japanese language?

and what is "dragon dictation"?

wongguy

Nov 2, 2008
Thanks keanurefresh for your complement!

I'm not japanese first of all and I haven't learn japanese at all. My work is basically translating chinese sub films into english, so any subs that I made are originally from chinese sub. But I have watched many jdramas with english sub before so I have some idea of what they would say. And second, dragon dictation is a voice to text program that converts audio to text. I have the program as an app on my iphone so I simply just record the audio from a speaker and turn it to japanese text. So if there some parts that weren't sub or not sure about, I just use my phone app to assist.

As to part 2 that film MIDD994, I'm going to wait and see how others react to my work on part 1 and see if anybody else is interested to revise my sub. Subbing should never be a one person job and I need assist if any of you want to volunteer.

keanurefresh

Jun 7, 2013
Wow, man,
I thought you're a japanese guy with a great English :D

If what you said is true (that you used that Dragon program), it must be really time consuming.

as the part 2, I dont mind waiting at all,
but if you ask me how is it?
it was pretty good because it really make me understand the situation there,