Akiba is being blocked by Malwarebytes

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

prophetomega

Smut Hunter
Apr 17, 2012
I just upgraded my "Malwarebytes Anti-malware" software to premium so that it can work on real time. When I try to visit akiba it was blocked.

aa.jpg

The 2 tabs were both me trying to visit akiba. At first I though it was an error so I open another tab but same thing. I keep trying and it really is blocked :aghh: I never had any trouble with akiba yet, so I'm skeptical. I know that sometimes google or even firefox will alert you when something is fishy on a website. And after a few days the warning would be gone maybe because the issue was resolve. So is this one of those issue? And can we resolve this?

I love akiba :cinta: best regards to everyone specially to all our hard working admins and contributors.

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
Yes, this is only a problem with the premium-version (either the trial or the real)
but, we can't do much against this.
this happens all the time.
my other board is also on the blocklist of malwarebytes. And they won't remove this, since we are "cyber criminals"

so sadly, we can't do anything here :/

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
A web proxy might just bypass the filter, hard to say for sure but worth a try.

http://webproxy.stealthy.co/

is pretty good, I use it and others when I come up against Cloudflare....the internets new archenemy.

Reactions: prophetomega

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Well, the domain is located in Columbia, (not known for kindness towards free speech) but the IP actually belongs to a San Francisco address and therefore they are not required to keep logs. This webproxy scored really well with my proxychecker (http://stilllistener.com/checkpoint1/ on all tests, considering it is a web proxy). Still it would be a good idea not to rely on a webproxy for anything more than casual surfing. Webproxies, especially free ones, have built in limitations so they are not abused (or in order to get you to pay for their premium service....I mean everyone is out to make a dollar nowadays).

Reactions: prophetomega

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
yes. i know :/
see here:

Yes, this is only a problem with the premium-version (either the trial or the real)
but, we can't do much against this.
this happens all the time.
my other board is also on the blocklist of malwarebytes. And they won't remove this, since we are "cyber criminals"

so sadly, we can't do anything here :/

sicklychild

Jan 6, 2008
I just upgraded my "Malwarebytes Anti-malware" software to premium so that it can work on real time. When I try to visit akiba it was blocked.

View attachment 232481

The 2 tabs were both me trying to visit akiba. At first I though it was an error so I open another tab but same thing. I keep trying and it really is blocked :aghh: I never had any trouble with akiba yet, so I'm skeptical. I know that sometimes google or even firefox will alert you when something is fishy on a website. And after a few days the warning would be gone maybe because the issue was resolve. So is this one of those issue? And can we resolve this?

I love akiba :cinta: best regards to everyone specially to all our hard working admins and contributors.
I had the same problem when I upgraded, but all you have to do is to go into "settings" and select the "web exclusions" tab on the LHS and hit "add domain" and paste in www.akiba-online.com.
That way you can still run Malwarebytes and it will still exclude all the virus and adware laden picture links on the site for you