Afro Samurai

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

flame_zero

Eat this !!!
Dec 13, 2006
from what i saw it looked alright just can't imagin Samual L Jackson as a samirai though lol i mean thk god they didn't censer the languege or there would be beeps every third word XD

WasabI

Dec 25, 2006
Looks to me like a Samurai Champloo Rip-off...

But with afro's instead of beatboxing minions

actually ...

I liked Samurai Champloo.. XD

Funky Afro-samurai ftw !!1

( Imagines James Brown -RIP- as this samurai-dude )

Tamichi

Local Psychopath
Jan 24, 2007
It actually looks like it could be good, but from the last few seconds of that clip it also looks like they might have screwed up the voice over work and not matched the words up with the characters lips. This just ruins anime for me no matter how good everything else is, it's the reason I can't watch Azumanga Daioh dubs, subs only.

Danemon

Jan 14, 2007
amazing show. cried cuz it was only 5 episodes.

And btw, the guy who created Afro Samurai was japanese...not american o_O

Savta-tan

Feb 15, 2007
This anime sucks really hard. First, no plot, not a logic one.
2nd, the characters are really bunch of gays with swords.

And the animation is not so good X=

bastetsama

Cat´s Goddess
Feb 18, 2007
oh my god..... Years of japan history, years of samurai culture... just for this... oh my I think im going to puke :vomit: (i dont think is funny sorry dont kill me..)

Kamen otaku

loli's patsu gourmet
Mar 8, 2007
i didn't like afro samurai cause the scenario IMO for the rest is clearly a high level animation
about the rest i don't give a f**k about SL jackson dubing the main cara , he got about 2 lines of dialog in 25 mins episode.

and the most important there is no loli in this show and that a big minus :lols:

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
samuel l jackson, thats enough for me to give it a shot XD

EDIT: Just watched the first ep... love the animation and gore. It reminds me of ninja scroll but with samurais(no shit sherlock). Not used to the english voice acting though and I cringe when I hear it but the eye candy more than makes up for it.

At 5 episodes you can't expect any kind of deep storyline so I don't know why that would be something to complain about. Anyways, I can't wait to watch the rest of it. :evillaugh: