Afro Samurai

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
Those two words together just CANNOT fail!
See for yourself:
[youtube]Fs9V17MrBbY[/youtube]
How is that not awesome?
This one is high on my list of stuff I want.

Eggs

Desu! Desu! Desu! Desu!
Dec 7, 2006
Fail.

Desu.

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
You obviously have no taste for fine entertainment and greatness.

streetballbn

choked to death
Dec 11, 2006
Yes , you're right! :) , that anime looks good, but i dont know if i can call that awesome ,lol jk ;) .THe starring is a nigga huh? .. hahah ^____^ , that'd be cool!

mandor

Chaotic Dumb
Dec 10, 2006
from what i`ve heard it`s some kind of anime with western CRAP in it
also the idea of some faggy samurai people prancing around to the sound of ultimate rap/hip-hop beats (which suck by default) ....is just kind of old :p

plus the main character is ugly as hell

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
/slap mandor
You obviously have no taste for fine entertainment and greatness.

mandor

Chaotic Dumb
Dec 10, 2006
/dodge slap
/counter attack !

and you are obviously blinded by the american "bling" put into this anime - it has deluded you into believing it has the forementioned greatness, where in fact it does not...have cookie and die...

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
/ban slap

I couldn't care less about the american bling.
It's got awesome animation, killer action, sweet angles and a cool guy with a 'fro.
And lots of blood.

Also, cookies does not kill mods.

mandor

Chaotic Dumb
Dec 10, 2006
well let me break it down into simpler terms

1. america is gay, and anything that has anything american in it is also gay (the anime has faggy american music or something...)
2. fro-s are were made gay by america
3. cookies DOES kill mods. U know once i was a mod at this uber forum right, n they i eated this cookie and died X_x (true story)

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
  • 'gay' fails as an insulting attribute.
  • No offensive crap about countries, nationality, race, etc. I will pwn your ass.
  • 'fro's are great.
  • I'm a Super Moderator. I eat cookies for fun.

Okay, let's stop this sillyness here. :/
..can't believe I'm hijacking my own thread..

streetballbn

choked to death
Dec 11, 2006
ah, hip hop beat huh? that would be really cool! ,i'm looking forward to not to watch this ........ i mean .. -to watch this. .lol ^____^' , Something like samurai champloo maybe? hm :eek: :eek:

Igrat

hypocrite critic
Dec 9, 2006
Oh man, I hope they don't infuse anime with western actors. I mean, come on....we watch anime just to get out from watching western cartoons.
For the english dub, maybe we will see Japanese people reading the sub for a change. :rolleyes:

streetballbn

choked to death
Dec 11, 2006
haha, that'd be funny :eek: , well , the japanese wouldnt even take a glimpse of it they'd think it's just a waste o time lol ^__^ jk, they have many other animes to watch ...rather than watching the western ones:) .

and yep, samurai champloo would be better.. i dunno , we cant just judge by the looks ..... well, not really .. lol , judge whatevr you want :D

peacius

Dec 13, 2006
it is absolutely settled: it will be amazing! main reason: samuel l. jackson! haha, im just a huge fan. anyway, i think that it does look good, and youll have to have an open mind to watch it most likely. a lot of people are biased by the japanese animations, so please dont bad mouth it before it even comes out. i really hope for good things! i know that every samuel jackson thing has been amazing, and he probably wouldnt do anything that was gonna be bad. he was actually not going to do 'snakes on a plane' unless they called it 'snakes on a plane' which is funny to me, haha. hes so cool... also he was in a slavery documentary, and he was absolutely the best voice actor for that role! plus, hes Jules Winnfield! how much more bad ass can you get?
but if you want to know more about the anime itself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro_Samurai
i think that it will be pretty good. the concept is cool, too. just remember to be open minded!!! haha