Access Japanese websites using an Android phone with a non Japanese location browser?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

kevin_moore

Jun 15, 2007
Does anyone access Japanese Web sites using an android phone with a non-japanese location browser? I can access Japanese was sites on a pic using firefox, after I added Japanese as a supported language. There is no support in the android version of firefox for specifying additional language support. I have been searching for other browsers that support additional languages, but I have not found any yet.

I have found a Web site that does a type of proxy, but it blocks images, it only passes through text.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreicated.

Kevin

kevin_moore

Jun 15, 2007
Suvlaco:

Thanks for the response. I tried that and it works for automatic translation, but there are some pages that will not load if the browser language is not set to Japanese. One example is jpg4.us. If you load these pages, you get the following response:

ここにあります。

Once you add support for Japanese language, then the page will load correctly. This happens on pc browsers or with a mobile browser (I am using Android, but I would think the same would happen for Apple).

I am using Firefox on my PC, I go into options / content / Languages, and add Japanese, and the site loads correctly.

Unfortunately this feature is not present on the Android version of Firefox. I did search, and found a Firefox developer site that said they were going to add language support in the future, but who knows when that will be.