A Touchy Subject For Some

A

alibi

Google Sued by Japanese Woman Over Underwear Exposure

A woman is suing Google after one of the company's Street View cameras managed to snap a picture of her undergarments, which were hanging outside of her home in Fukuoka, Japan. According to the woman, the images caused a good deal of anxiety over the possibility that she "might be the target of a sex crime," adding, "It caused me to lose my job and I had to change my residence."

The woman claims that the images aggravated her obsessive compulsive disorder over fears that everything she did was being video taped. She is suing the search giant for 600,000 Yen--or around $7,000. Sounds like the company is getting off pretty easy on that front.

Of course this is only the latest in a long line of privacy concerns and lawsuits that have sprung up in the wake of Google's Street View feature.

As read in Gearlog - My Yahoo! Reader - 12/21/2010

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
source?

Mookie

Feb 23, 2008
I actually just Googled this topic, and sure enough, many news articles on it. I am more surprised that she is only asking for 7 000usd. If she had an American lawyer, would be in the millions. :joker:

gyoza ramen & a beer

Feb 20, 2009
If she had an American lawyer, would be in the millions.

Yep. She'd have hired Gloria Allred--claiming to be the daughter/grand-daughter/third-cousin-by-her-uncle's-second-marriage of Holocaust survivors--and would be suing for $100,000,000 for emotional anguish.

AND her underwear would be for sale on ebay. AND she'd be on Oprah.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
okay Google if you let me know when you are coming round I let you photograph my underwear, for $100,000, if I dig back far enough, I must have some royal blood line,

but more seriously good luck to her, they should not be going around peoples private business,

RaidenKitsune

Feb 10, 2009
okay Google if you let me know when you are coming round I let you photograph my underwear, for $100,000, if I dig back far enough, I must have some royal blood line,

but more seriously good luck to her, they should not be going around peoples private business,

Private Business? If you hang something in front of your house where anyone walking by can see it, it's not private anymore.

Mookie

Feb 23, 2008
Private Business? If you hang something in front of your house where anyone walking by can see it, it's not private anymore.

One has an expectancy of privacy on ones property, as well as in the home. It is one thing for someone to walk by and see, however, totally different when one is filming what you have on your property and then exposing it.

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
over n under where

Chances are 1 to infinity that anyone but her would
ever google her house, much smaller chance someone
would see her underwear, or know it's hers. But now
she told the whole fuggn world about it. People walking
by, may know her, and see them live, but a digital image
on the infi-NET bugs her? Soiled underwear are sold in machines
there. Her only worries should be her mental health.

xeffects

Jun 5, 2009
If I was the google GEO, I would apologize and say, "We are sorry mam'am for your troubles. The image has been deleted. However, we cannot grant your request of $7000 and we recommend you take your medication before you make any more stupid requests and victimize yourself for something which, was not of a big deal. good bye. PS: next time don't buy them with hearts and get white satin instead."

Aqua2213

Jul 23, 2008
Here's two pics from Google.

One of a guy passed out on the curb. (my favorite):dotdotdot:

The other is one the cops used to bust a street ganfg that was dealing. :thief: