8.8 Richter earthquake hits Japan: Tsunami, nuclear meltdown, many dead

krusty69

Dec 3, 2009
Hi people. Hope things are going better for all of you. Is there any news from the people on the ground in Japan as to what's going on there? Any news on the reactors, food shortages or the like??

I haven't heard diddly squat over here in Alberta about anything for quite some time now. I know your still getting earthquakes by checking the earthquake map link that Xcaliber9999 posted. But other then that, not a thing. Unfortunately. It's amazing how fast things get shuffled to the back burner these days.

Hope things are lookin' up somewhat people. Cheers.

:harp:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008

CyberDancer

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Mar 15, 2009
ドリカム・ミニライブ in 宮城 - Live 8月20日(土) on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukGNmoM5vyg

(Streaming video / Dreams Come True live in Miyagi)

2011年 8月 20日(土) 14:00 [Jap time]
DREAMS COME TRUE on 東日本ビジネス支援サイト

この夏、DREAMS COME TRUE が被災地でミニライブを開催します。
その歌声を、一人でも多くの人に届けるために。
歌声に集う想いを、被災地の支援につなげてゆくために。

YouTube のDCT Garden チャンネルで公式動画を公開中の人気バンド、DREAMS COME TRUE(以下、ドリカム)が、YouTube 「ビジネス支援チャンネル」及び、Google「東日本ビジネス支援サイト」でアコースティック・ミニライブを生配信します。

:cheer:JAPAN must go on!:cheer:

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
For anyone keeping track, we just had another big fucking' shaker. Shook my light stands down and busted one of my strobes. Fuck.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
And another... it's long enough that I could update facebook AND here and it still hasn't stopped

Fuzzypeach

Dec 12, 2009
I concur with AquaMarine, my building was swaying and when that happen it is a rough one, I hope this shaking doesn't start again but those plates are a shiftin.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Yay, another 5.5 just 2 minutes ago.

voltesv

Apr 7, 2007
is it now safer to go to japan? a friend of mine was advised by his supplier not to do a family trip yet.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Had another fairly big one today, 6.2.

uk21

Saori Hara Alliance
Aug 4, 2009
I thought some of you would be interested in watching this Documentary, which was shown in the UK last week.

picture.php

Six months on from one of the worlds most devastating tsunamis, Panorama returns to Japan to hear remarkable tales of survival amid the epic destruction. Piecing together new footage of the wave, reporter Paul Kenyon tells the dramatic stories of those who managed to escape when so many did not. The film also follows those returning briefly to homes abandoned within the radioactive no-go area around the Fukushima nuclear power plant, and asks what the future holds for the thousands affected.

Running time=30 mins
Size=320MB MKV

View attachment 498702

http://www.mediafire.com/?toxp43xi9m16cku
http://www.mediafire.com/?n6r3qj7l43liabe

There are some really sad stories in this video, my heart goes out to all the people of JAPAN.:bow-pray:

uk21

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
my brother in law showed me this morning. this news sucks! big chance our family trip to japan for the holidays will be cancelled unless i go there by myself
You'll get more radiation on the plane ride to and from Japan than you will spending a couple weeks here.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Just a note...
There have now been many instances of radioactive hotspots showing up throughout Tokyo. The latest one has garnered the most news being that it is within 1 block of both a kindergarten and high school.

Also, within Yokohama City, there is an apartment complex that has been found to have cesium in it... cesium FROM the fucked-up Daiichi power plant. Awesome for us...

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
A couple of the "hotspots" in Tokyo debunked:
Code:
http://www.japanprobe.com/2011/10/14/setagaya-radiation-hot-spot-not-from-fukushima/

No word about the Yokohama apartment complex.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Just so you know, Ishihara's son, the little fuck-stain, is doing his fathers bidding by trying to create a ban the public from purchasing, importing and owning dosimiters.

Source: Team-Mate working for NHK TV.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Just so you know, Ishihara's son, the little fuck-stain, is doing his fathers bidding by trying to create a ban the public from purchasing, importing and owning dosimiters.

Source: Team-Mate working for NHK TV.

thank you for the information, but I am sure you are more intelligent, than calling somebody names in such a harsh and lowly manner, no matter how stupid he maybe, a cleaver word is much more appropriate, than letting yourself down by lower your levels to somebody of lesser intelligence, and it also lowers the boards intelligence

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
thank you for the information, but I am sure you are more intelligent, than calling somebody names in such a harsh and lowly manner, no matter how stupid he maybe, a cleaver word is much more appropriate, than letting yourself down by lower your levels to somebody of lesser intelligence, and it also lowers the boards intelligence

As long as it is not some member of Akiba-Online the insult is pointed at, I say "have at it". Although I must admit your comment is very well worded and I totally agree with it in principle. Still..... I got a giggle at the term "little fuck-stain". Adolescent or not, sometimes obscenity is just funny.