Why hotfile???

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

pixelious

Jul 11, 2008
I am new to direct download and am just wondering why many of the posters post links from hotfile? Why not megaupload or rapidshare? Is there any advantage of using hotfile?

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
money talks - the advantage is that hotfile repays more than other uploading sites per download...

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
another week goes, and another round of "why this and why not that" begins...

anyways, the answer you've got from redrooster is the most appropriate;
there are of course others minor advantages, but i don't think the 1000 new hotfile spammers who join A-O everyday are aware of them

pc0999x

Feb 15, 2008
Is HotFile the slowist site in the world?

I have noticed a lot more files being hosted on 'HotFile' lately so I joined and got a premium membership.
I must say the download speed is the worst I have ever come across. If I am downloading a single file the quickest (over a 6 week time frame) is 296kbs. If I download 3 or 4 files at the same time (as I do on Rapidshare) i get about 60 to 70 kbs per file, which is crap. I paid for a 6 month membership so I'm stuck with it, in fact I've given up downloading from them.
If I am using Rapishare for a single file I usualy get around 1.5mb and for 3 or 4 files between 600 & 800 kbs per file.
Is anyone else suffering from HotFile?
Who do you think is the fastest (Paid membership)?

Regards, pc0999x

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
@pc0999x

- please use the search engine before you start new threads. Here is a thread about hotfile already so there´s no need to start a new one. It´s about speed and money...

your thread merged with this one...

Skyraida

Is Eating Your Internets
Mar 27, 2008
I'll try to explain it, this is coming from me (one who uses hotfile)

Hotfile why uploaders use it. Simply because it offers better rewards. Many uploaders using rapidshare and megaupload used it because they offered rewards;

Former Rapidshare: 10 000 pts = premium account, at times 2 000 pts = premium however these points are worthless now, and that rapidshare now offers a whole new set of point system.

Megaupload: offers the 10 000pts = premium, and you get 9 000 pts for buying one month so you really only need 1 000pts to redeem a second free month! But they don't offer cash payouts unless you have points in the 100 000. Which is possible, but often many of the downloads don't add towards your point system.

As for hotfile, it currently adds each download no matter the size into a point category. So uploaders who use hotfile have an incentive to upload and distribute. Rather than just store crap. Plus payout is at $15 through paypal. It's premium offers the same as megaupload, and more than rapidshare who currently now is renovating for the worst.

The only thing i would have to say for hotfile is i wish they had their own upload manager. I mean megaupload has one, although it's a crappy one in that in often has errors. etc..

illuminatus3

Akiba Citizen
Oct 9, 2007
So, should the board suffer because some uploaders are trying to make some money? Is hard to find anything with the recent saturation of hotfile posts. And, most of the posts are a regurgitation of existing old posts.:why2::why2:

They have the potential to drive away some really pissed off regular posters, and some of us try not to visit JAV download or IV download subforum. :damnit::crash:

My wish is still to have a more private IV torrent/download forum...like that's going to happen:snicker2:

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006

xater

Bibitur Semper
Jun 5, 2007
I started to use hotfile mirrors because people was posting mirrors of my links, back when remote uploading from rapid was possible... so I rather post them myself than someone else.

I see Rapid and HotF pretty much having the same download speed, so with mirrors, instead of waiting 15 minutes, one has to wait 7:30, so it's a fine deal, imo.

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
I started to use hotfile mirrors because people was posting mirrors of my links, back when remote uploading from rapid was possible... so I rather post them myself than someone else.

welcome to the club :victim:

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
I think the uploaders have all the rights to choose their favourite storage provider. After all they do the job.
Anyway, depending on the uploader/downloader country, results may vary a lot.
There is no universal "best" storage provider.

fishbulb

Jul 16, 2009
I'm fine with Hotfile, slow speeds are the least of my worries when I'm getting free content.

Actually I prefer Hotfile to Rapidshare since there are certain times of the day that I'm unable to access content on Rapidshare.

xater

Bibitur Semper
Jun 5, 2007
unrapidshit is the slowest of them all I'm lucky if i get 10k/s form them. At least Hotfile is quicker but its nothing comapre to Depositfiles which by far fastes as I get 5-6 MEGABYTES a sec from them.

I get 35-50 kb/s from depositfiles, so I don't even bother with them. Less than 1 fourth than Rapid or even HotF

Aqua2213

Jul 23, 2008
I've always used Megaupload and Rapidshare in tandem and have been happy with them. Megaupload I have to click less so that is a bonus for me.
Then I see more and more videos I want to d/l in Hotfile and I finally gave in and purchased a one month membership. I love it!:inlove:
If the links are hot I only have to click on the link and the d/l box appears and the Hotfile site doesn't. That's a time saver!
I don't care about speed as I like to d/l while I'm sleeping (pretty lazy eh?). The only problem I have in doing that is waking up and finding out that "Windows" HAD to update my computer while I was sleeping and then restart the bitch.:crash:
Bye bye propective vids.... :eek:mg:
So I have Mega...Rapid and Hot... I'll need a payraise. :payup:

Stitch

Apr 3, 2007
Megaupload and Rapidshare are really the best. Especially Rapid because i have a Premium account :snicker2:

Well, there's still lot's of people who upload to Rapidshare & Megaupload so i can happily ignore Hotfile and other lame Hosters :chinesenewyearf:

diomedes

OverCaffeinated Libertine
Jan 9, 2007
Hotfile? Why? Is there something i don't know?

I've gotten into the habit of scouring the direct Downloads recently, and a few users consistently use hotfile. How come? Do they have unlimited downloads for non premium users? First time i ever heard of it.....Rapidshare all the way, i say.

Whatever, no one wants hear me complain, so i'm just wondering if anyone knows something i don't. And if there isn't anything to know, i guess the people who hit the thanks button have a premium membership on this file host. For 9 $ i might try it once, are there any particularly crappy features about their service? Do they have a 200 MB daily limit enforced? Would be nice to know before i drop some disposable income....

thanks guys....