Why do JAV videos have Chinese watermarks?

radaogapgap

May 27, 2014
Because with the development of internet today, that's a useful way to advertise their website. They buys stuffs, add watermark, and public it. It just costs them the price of 1 movie but it can go to everyone in the planet. I once read on Akiba that even a studio did use watermarked movie in a scene in their own movie.
Those watermarks are disturbingly ugly. No one likes them.

Last edited:

paparoach408

Akiba Citizen
Jun 14, 2012
Because with the development of internet today, that's a useful way to advertise their website. They buys stuffs, add watermark, and public it. It just costs them the price of 1 movie but it can go to everyone in the planet. I once read on Akiba that even a studio did use watermarked movie in a scene in their own movie.
Those watermarks are disturbingly ugly. No one likes them.
Yup. people want clicks, and since people usually take what others publish and try to make money off of it themselves so best way for everone to know where it came from originally, we get those ugly intrusive yellow watermarks. No top group does this for the greater good, they want clicks and ad revenue, best way to do that watermark your stuff, and then people will follow

vietbub

Dec 6, 2008
Most JAV have the Chinese water marks because they're the ones that ripped the dvd. They recoup their costs through people using the gambling and cam sites they're advertising.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Most JAV have the Chinese water marks because they're the ones that ripped the dvd. They recoup their costs through people using the gambling and cam sites they're advertising.
There is no cost to recoup. The speculation is the titles are taken from the pressing factories.

Last edited:
Reactions: Supmop and Inertia