Which hentai element do you consider most and least important?

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
ok if anyone can think of a better title please feel free to post it. Anyway here's my ranking 1st to last.
1. Angles and positions used in the sex scenes
2. Voices ( seiyuus and whether the guys are noisy or not )
3. sex scene duration and quantity
4. type of characters ( just female )
5. animation / fluidity of movements
6.character design
7. genre
8. story
9. censorship level

i decided not to specify or limit the elements since people may have different ideas

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Of those elements?
Hentai Anime:
{1. Story}
2. Genre
3. Character Design
4. Sex Scene Duration and Quantity
----------------------------------
5. Angles and Positions Used in the Sex Scenes
6. Type of Characters
7. Animation / Fluidity of Movements
8. Voices
9. Censorship Level

Comments: #1-4 are the ones that determine whether or not I will delete a hentai once I download it. #1 is in brackets because, when it comes to hentai anime, a good story is as elusive as a unicorn. Pretty fucking rare. But they do exist, and when they come along, ho-o-ly shit. O_O :D I know that for you the noisiness of the guys grunting or saying stupid shit is a big deal but for me that ranks pretty low on the list, even if I agree that they're a nuisance. I just ignore 'em! Same for if the female seiyuu has a really annoying voice.

Hentai Doujinshi or Manga or Magazine Publication:
1. Story!!!
----------------
2. Character Design
3. Genre
4. Type of Characters
5. Legibility
6. Sex Scene Duration and Quantity
---------------------------
7. Frame Transitions
8. Angles and Positions Used in the Sex Scenes
9. Censorship Level

In place of "Voices," I'll say "legibility". Is the dialogue typed or handwritten? Is it boringly repetitive or so unique I'm having to bust out the dictionary too much? Legibility has made or broken (as in the saying "make or break") quite a number of stories in my time. It's the ones with great art and great narratives but really shitty handwritten speech bubbles that stand out in my mind, obviously, because nobody pays any attention to a shitty story that happens to have clear type-written characters. lol Clear-type written speech bubbles are (thankfully!) the rule, not the exception.

In place of "animation / fluidity of movemens," I'll say "frame transitions." How well does the artist make use of comic book-style frames to tell his or his partner's story? Does he manage to pull off a sense of motion by drawing in solidly a pair of breasts swung in one direction and then outlines those same breasts in a different direction either a) in a different frame very close by or b) in the same frame but with lighter penciling in? Does the story flow naturally without reading any of the dialogue (i.e. ask your local weeaboo if he can follow what's going on!) or does the artist jump from frame to frame so sporadically (and often relying on what's been said in speech bubbles) that the casual reader feels lost and the masturbator soon loses his will to jerk off because he can't predict where in the sex act he's going to be when he turns the next page?

Anyway, I've ranked the list this way this time because:
a) story is key! At least for me it is. And good god do we have a lot of great stories in printed hentai! So if the story is shitty, I pretty much waste no more time on it. Even if #2-#9 are all fantastic, tough shit -- I flip through the pages digitally at like one image file per 0.5 seconds to say that I've technically "read it" and to make sure I'm not overlooking any possible gems (especially if it's an author's compilation tankoubon) and then I pretty much send it off to my bronze medalist folder.

b) #2-#6 (in addition to #1 above them) correspond to #1-#4 for the Hentai Anime list above: in that these are the factors which for me really make or break a hentai. The other factors matter, just not as much.

c) It really should be emphasized that censorship in printed hentai is laughably absent or near-absent. The tiny white or tiny black strips that they use are so thin that you can still see most of the woman's clitoris when these strips are superimposed over her vagina. Sometimes they only censor her vagina with as little as one thin censor bar! It may as well not even be there. I think I've been reading hentai for so many years that my brain doesn't even see it -- well, I know this is the case, I'm just hypothesizing as to what the cause may be. :) I can't tell you the number of times somebody has complained about censorship in a story and I've had to double-check because I couldn't even remember there being any censorship at all.

d) Legibility can be a very serious deal. I already talked about that above, so here's a sample picture from a story that had very erotic art, an erotic plot, and yet I just couldn't fucking stand it because the author's scrawled handwriting was SO ILLEGIBLE that even though I knew every single word he was saying I was spending minutes plural just to decode a page at a time. Really fucking interrupts you when you're trying to masturbate and enjoy a good story at the same time. :\ Note that I was not viewing the image in full-res but rather at an image height of approximately 1000 pixels (so 5/8 or 62.5% resolution), so be sure to view it at those same specs before you tell me "oh dude it's so legible." Because yeah, I agree that it's legible when you have it zoomed in to its standard definition -- but unfortunately that's too tall for a 1280 x 1024 monitor display resolution (MINE!) and so unless I want to zoom in and use the mouse to wheel up and down every single time (no thanks -.-) and to only see half of the woman's body on full page displays (again, no thanks -.-) then have some sympathy please and understand why I'm viewing them at ~1000 pixel height.

Besides, no hentai circle with even an ounce of professionalism should be scribbling in their text. Is it that fucking hard to scan your stuff into a computer and type in the text?

Larcx

Waga Itoshii Enzeru~
Dec 6, 2007
ok if anyone can think of a better title please feel free to post it. Anyway here's my ranking 1st to last.
1. Angles and positions used in the sex scenes
2. Voices ( seiyuus and whether the guys are noisy or not )
3. sex scene duration and quantity
4. type of characters ( just female )
5. animation / fluidity of movements
6.character design
7. genre
8. story
9. censorship level

i decided not to specify or limit the elements since people may have different ideas

1.quite important
2.not really
3.it's a must de-arimasuuu
4.important
5.very important
6.so so
7.doesn't matter
8.didn't care:lols:
9.very important

from hen's i didn't really care whether it has a good story or not,since what i seek is the sex scenes only:perfectplan:

and about char types,i think it's quite important
i didn't like glasses girl(ever),and i also hate jumbo jugs:silence:

about char design,i think 2day hens already has a quite similar char design
so,it doesn't really matter

story?
well...,i only seek the sex scene:lols: :shy:

HENTAIBEN

The Nesta
May 13, 2007
Very nice topic reingiolt. Let's see here...

1. Art Style/Character Design: The most important thing to me is the way the hentai looks. If I don't like the art, or the character design than it doesn't do a whole lot for me. That isn't to say that a good art style alone will make me love the hentai, but it's certainly one of the most important factors for me.

2. Type of Sex: This is almost as important as the art style. Unless the hentai excels in several categories, I really need some interesting sex going on. Usually "normal" One-on-One doesn't do it for me, there are many exceptions though depending on different factors (see: Type of Characters). I like to see gang bangs mostly, or two-on-one, futa, and tentacles to some extent.

3. Type of Characters: There are certain character types I like, and a lot of them make me like normal one-on-one sex even. Older Women (MILFs?), Exceptionally Slutty Women, and tsundere type girls really do it for me. As far as guys go, Monsters on girls, and Shota on older girls.

4. Angels/Positions: Not much to say about this one, it's pretty important though. Without good angels for the above to make use of, what's the point?

5. Animation: Another self-explanatory one. Luckily I think most hentai with a good art style tend to have good animations as well.

6. Sex Scene Duration/Quality: I've been burned on short sex scenes before, and that can really ruin a good hentai anime. However if a hentai can manage to nail these first six things - it's pretty much perfect in my book.

7. Voices: Voices aren't as important to me, but I'm pretty sure particularly bad voices could ruin a hentai. Exceptionally good voices are always welcome though.

8. Genre: It just occurred to me that "genre" might mean the type of sex. However I originally thought it meant the setting for the hentai. So I'll go with the later, correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, genre isn't too important to me. I tend to like a serious or darker setting. Modern day is my preference, but I like some fantasy and sci-fi too. The only thing I don't really like that much is comedy, or light hearted softcore stuff.

9. Story: Story might be more important if I knew what was going on most of the time. I mean it's kind of obvious what's going on in some series, but ya never know. In any event, I don't really care about it too much.

10. Censorship: Obviously I would prefer uncensored, or very light censored. But a lot of my favorite series are medium to heavily censored so it clearly isn't that much of an issue for me.

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
glad to see this thread get revived on the day i come back from retirement :XD: i thought it was just gonna die w/o a single rep hehe

regarding the male voices they actually didn't bother me at the early years of my hentai life. even when the camera suddenly shifts and concentrates on the guy i simple ignored it. what is up with that anyway? are they trying to cater to the female hentai watchers? what if ur abt to reach the "end" or in that process and the camera suddenly shifts to the guy? that pretty much just ruins the whole thing.
anyway i think back then i was just lusting so much for hens that those things just didn't matter. and now after obtaining tons of hen animes and eroges i guess i'm just a whole lot more picky.

topgod- u should rely on torrents instead of DDL so you won't have the parts problem

Larcx

Waga Itoshii Enzeru~
Dec 6, 2007
ic,so on the early years
you 2 aren't care about those thing either huh:lols:

so i guess,it takes time on me/other's 2 become like that 2 in the future:lols:

but actually,i think i got annoyed at 1 thing
why the hell they have almost same seiyuu:perhaps:
i've heard the same voice over and over
are the seiyuus for hens very less:sick:

ex:manin buss eps 2,innocent blue,hitou meguri
i think i've heard this seiyuu's voice far 2 often:innocence:
not that i hate her,it's just making me bored:burningheat:

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
whoah u noticed her too? she's Yuzuki Kaname my fav hen seiyuu :XD:

actually she's not that common, its not the official count but i think i've heard her in under 10 different hens. most of the hens she's starred in don't list the seiyuus in the credits so i not a 100% sure. my guesses are - hitou meguri, manin densha 2, himekishi janne, grope, rinkan gakuen, Jokei Kazoku, onmyouji ( the only one where her name was listed but i'm not 100% sure it was her ). i don't remember innocent blue that well since that doc was pretty noisy
there are other seiyuus who are more common like Kimura Ayaka and Misumi they're both usually at milky releases but misumi also voiced lotte ( roti? ) in dorei maid princess.

Larcx

Waga Itoshii Enzeru~
Dec 6, 2007
ah yes,i forgot 2 mention her in grope as the ponytail girl
well yeah,i think she was voicing 4 the nurse girl in innocent blue
well,i didn't mean 2 complaining or what
it's just that i heard her voice in so many hens,that make's me bored:dozingoff:

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
she rather stands out in the hen seiyuu crowd so its easy to remember and distinguish her voice compared to the others. i don't listen much to conversations so i don't know if her voice changes per show but her moans are the same hehe. the same goes for misumi
there are probably other seiyuu out there that you've heard more times than her but just didn't notice. i've seen kimura ayaka's name in credits numerous times but i just can't seem to distinguish her voice

Larcx

Waga Itoshii Enzeru~
Dec 6, 2007
she rather stands out in the hen seiyuu crowd so its easy to remember and distinguish her voice compared to the others. i don't listen much to conversations so i don't know if her voice changes per show but her moans are the same hehe. the same goes for misumi
there are probably other seiyuu out there that you've heard more times than her but just didn't notice. i've seen kimura ayaka's name in credits numerous times but i just can't seem to distinguish her voice

yeah,didn't really notice her usual voice
but she has the same moans that make's me bored:sick:
other than her i think there are 1-2 seiyuus that i know that has the same voice in several hen's

well,i can't read kanji's so i didn't know they name