Where to buy Tony Taka's doujins?

BeaKManiak

Jan 8, 2007
After seeing many of Tony Taka's artworks, I've fallen in love with his art, and I want to buy some of his doujins, specially the Fate/Stay Night and Sora no Iro Mizu no Iro ones.

I've found that Mandarake have some of his work, do you know some other webshop that sells them and ships internationally (except eBay)?

Thanks in advance!!

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
I do not know of any store which meets all of the following criteria (which are my own):
  • English interface and/or easy-to-navigate Japanese interface with at least one employee in Customer Service who speaks English fluently.
  • Accepts US Visa or Mastercard.
  • Genuinely sells unused goods when it claims the goods are unused.
  • Sells goods at domestic (日本) prices with the only additional costs being shipping, handling, and (at most) a 5% service fee. (So a $5 service fee for $100 worth of merchandise.)
  • Ships internationally, including the continental United States.
  • Has a customer-friendly policy for goods which never arrive.
  • Has a customer-friendly return policy for first-time customers.
  • Determines shipping fees based on both weight and expense of merchandise and not just one or just the other.
  • Offers shipping insurance that is determined by %, not by a fixed dollar value. (I hate it when they say $15 insurance if you're only ordering $20 worth of stuff!!)

And finally, last but certainly not least ...
  • Sells the doujins of the artist I like!

If you find a store that fits all of these criteria, BeaKManiak, let us know. Let me know. I've wanted to buy doujins for quite some time, but I can't find any trustworthy stores. All of them say things like:
  • this $5 doujin is going to cost you $45
  • we don't ship internationally, sorry
  • we don't carry any of that author's work, sorry
  • we only sell used doujins and no we won't take pictures of the merchandise so you can see what condition it's in
  • we work like eBay and hold auctions (which we can easily inflate with alt. accounts because we're assholes like that)
etc. -_-;

BeaKManiak

Jan 8, 2007
Thanks for the link! Unfortunately, only the Mandarake shop has some of the doujins that I want (only that those two are out of stock), but thanks anyways! I will have to look in eBay, then...