What to do with iso files?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

hothothot

Jun 4, 2008
Hi Akibas!

I know, this is probably a really stupid questions but how can I watch an ISO file without having to write it to DVD?

I downloaded a 4GB ISO and now I am wondering what to do with it?
Is there any way to extract the movie from it? Any player that plays ISO files?

PS: I am on Linux.

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
You need a cd image mounting program. It'll create a virtual drive which you can mount your ISO onto. Here's one for Linux.

I've never used this program but I read that it does the job!

http://cdemu.sourceforge.net/

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
You can also extract the video files (VOB format) with Isobuster (don't worry about the prices, you can download a free version):

http://www.isobuster.com/isobusterdownload.php

I think VOB files can be read by standard video players.
Now if you find it too big and want to encode it, that's another story.

Mihotaku

Oct 30, 2008
i have another problem. i burned an ISO to a DVD, my Mac OSX says that it is finished successfully but after that my Mac and DVD player wont recognize the dvd. where could one make an mistake by burning an ISO? the torrent file i started, downloaded the following two files:

(folder>) CPSKY_044/
[DVDISO][IV][U-15] ????? 『????』CPSKY_044.ISO
CPSKY-044.jpg

and i chose the .ISO file to create the DVD.

edit: i tried to repair the image volume with my MACs HD utility tool but it says that it hasnt recognized the file system. is this ISO maybe not writeable with a Mac and only for windows?

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
i have another problem. i burned an ISO to a DVD, my Mac OSX says that it is finished successfully but after that my Mac and DVD player wont recognize the dvd. where could one make an mistake by burning an ISO? the torrent file i started, downloaded the following two files:

(folder>) CPSKY_044/
[DVDISO][IV][U-15] ????? 『????』CPSKY_044.ISO
CPSKY-044.jpg

and i chose the .ISO file to create the DVD.

edit: i tried to repair the image volume with my MACs HD utility tool but it says that it hasnt recognized the file system. is this ISO maybe not writeable with a Mac and only for windows?

Not sure if this will help, but previously I have had problems burning ISOs to DVD-Rs because of the Japanese in the title.

I see all the ???? in the title of the ISO you are trying to burn. After I deleted them from the title, it solved my problem.

Might be worth a try

Mihotaku

Oct 30, 2008
thanks for the hint. but i cant test it because i dont have the iso anymore. you might be right. but i couldnt even mount the iso on my computer. so i guess there was an issue with the download itself. i tried to download it again a few weeks before but got stuck at nearly 90%. now i gave up. i burned some other ISOs to dvd successfully so its not a problem generally.