What is surest way to get correct DVD code

angelito

Oct 10, 2008
Despite real effort to find the correct DVD code in the internet, I still messed up and put the wrong DVD code.

I have used yesasia site to check codes but they are also unreliable in that sometimes they omit a zeo in front.

I addition I reference the code I get in the Internet which prove unreliable too as the code I am cross-referencing showed up in the internet from several sites and yet it was still the wrong code.

So what is the surest way the get the correct DVD code. Should I trust the cover of the DVD? I have seen a post here and other sites where the code written in the post was different from the one on the DVD cover, and yet our site and other sites accept it as correct.

I can't read Japanese but I think the code was clear on the cover.

Any advise?

angelito

Oct 10, 2008
Thanks IdolFun. I visited the site you mentioned but I got very busy looking at the covers instead of looking at DVD code. Very nice site.

OK, anymore tips.

Keep them coming because I am on the verge of getting getting strike 3 -- not good.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Depends on what the DVD is (IV, AV, movie, TV series, music, etc).

Also worth noting many DVDs have multiple DVD codes. For example with JAVs, DVDs intended for sale have one DVD code; the same DVD for rental has a different DVD code; and sometimes even the same DVD released on web streaming/download may have a completely different code as well.

angelito

Oct 10, 2008
Oh oh. This is not good. By the way it looks there is nothing 100% accurate although the tips provided surely will help.

With the way I am sourcing my posts (from various internet sources) I am bound the hit strike 3 sooner or later.

Is there a way the site can let go of "double post" infraction due to wrong code if the poster can show at least that he got the code from the DVD cover or from one DVD store who listed the code the code on site which the poster in using?

Let go of the infraction but the post will still be deleted.

There is also;
www.dmm.com
www.dmm.co.jp
www.eic-av.com
www.oimoya.jp
It depends on the genre of DVD really. Anyway covers aren't always large enough to make out a DVD code well enough. I stay away from any non Japanese sites as they usually tend to be less accurate.

Originally posted by guy

Depends on what the DVD is (IV, AV, movie, TV series, music, etc).

Also worth noting many DVDs have multiple DVD codes. For example with JAVs, DVDs intended for sale have one DVD code; the same DVD for rental has a different DVD code; and sometimes even the same DVD released on web streaming/download may have a completely different code as well.

IdolFun

★ ☆ I Am God ☆★
Super Moderator
Oct 16, 2007
If you can't find the dvd code ask for help in the ID section with "help with DVD code" in the title.

Add the cover and title of the video as you have it and someone will help you.

angelito

Oct 10, 2008
ID section expect me to be there frequently.

Thanks guys.

If you can't find the dvd code ask for help in the ID section with "help with DVD code" in the title.

Add the cover and title of the video as you have it and someone will help you.