What is a good affordable VR device for watching jav?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
Oculus Go. I think there are new devices (for higher resolution), but this model might be even cheaper now, and it's a standalone device, so you an enjoy your movie in your couch, bed, everywhere. >You can play 4K VR movies, and it looks really good, it's very enjoyable.

Walle12

JAV VR needs less clothes and more lesbian
Dec 6, 2008
Oculus Quest 2. If you hate Facebook like me, then a PC headset like HP Reverb G2.

The advantage of the PC is that there are very customizable players that allow you to adjust many things to make the image fit your eyes, and you can apply a lot of supersampling to improve definition.

Last edited:

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Cardboard glasses are just a toy. Its image quality is abismal. Cardboard glasses almost destroyed VR. They deserve to die with pain.

makaroni1

Mar 30, 2009
the quality bad because of cell phone as a main component with new phones higher resolution who know vr on cell phones might come back

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
the quality bad because the lens. VR needs good lens, not a piece of plastic...

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
Cardboard glasses are just a toy. Its image quality is abismal. Cardboard glasses almost destroyed VR. They deserve to die with pain.
It's the equivalent of red and blue 3D glasses. Only fine for a quick try (few seconds).
oculos go cost 300$ at least ribbon rope for cardboard free :) but you right overwise
A quick search and I found a 64gb Oculus Go, second hand (never used), 170€.

makaroni1

Mar 30, 2009
for people who have oculus go is it hard to do / possible folder shares with PC or may be use of plex with vr capabilities

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
for people who have oculus go is it hard to do / possible folder shares with PC or may be use of plex with vr capabilities
I definitively read that some members here use wifi to stream their files from their PC to their Oculus Go. Also, if you have a NAS, it's really easy to do. I don't use the wifi, I prefer to transfer the files via USB to the device.

r00g

Jul 25, 2009
I have an Oculus Go and a NAS and use both fielsharing and Jellyfin/Plex (as DNLA hosts) to stream via wifi to my Oculus Go. Both Skybox VR and Pigasus will work to browse shares and access DLNA servers.

periph

Sep 28, 2012
I actually don't object to quality of phone in vr holder. but the lack of controls is a pain in the ass. like to skip forward, you would have to pull the phone out and use the screen, which is impractical to skip over boring parts. I got a bluetooth controller but it doesn't seem to work for this.

for oculus or pc-based headset, is there better ways to control things?

Reactions: [Warlord]

brockrock2002

May 31, 2007
I actually don't object to quality of phone in vr holder. but the lack of controls is a pain in the ass. like to skip forward, you would have to pull the phone out and use the screen, which is impractical to skip over boring parts. I got a bluetooth controller but it doesn't seem to work for this.

for oculus or pc-based headset, is there better ways to control things?
With the Skybox app on the Oculus Quest 2, you skip I think 10 seconds forward or back by moving the thumbstick right or left on either hand controller. You ca also press one of the buttons to bring up the video controls overlay and point directly to any spot on the video's timeline. Overall pretty convenient