What happened to TmpGuy and his JavLuv thread?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Yorin2

Dec 1, 2019
The user TmpGuy and the thread for his app for organizing your Jav library has disappeared. I'm thoroughly confused by this, is there an explanation for what happened and why?

Yorin2

Dec 1, 2019
Did he choose to delete his account or did forum administration take action for some reason?

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
Long story short: I'm a dumbass.

Full story: I've been working with new AI-enhanced movie editing software, and posted a link to a cleaned, upscaled movie (really cool technology). I also copied some FileJoker links to the original version for comparison, which happened to be in 10 parts. Unfortunately, I just copied the links verbatum off JavLibrary.com, which unfortunately re-directed to that site instead of FileJoker like I intended. That mistake, in turn, triggered a ban-hammer protocol (maybe automated?), since it looked like I was spamming / hot-linking shit on the site.

Of course, since I was now banned, I had a hell of a time reaching out to a mod. I tried a generic help message a couple of times over the last week, but apparently no one reads that regularly, or it didn't go through. Eventually realized I could contact a mod via the IRC chat link, and CoolKevin was kind enough to sort everything out, and even restored the JavLuv thread. Lesson learned: DO NOT post a shitload of links to non-Filejoker sites. It WILL result in an instant ban, as of course, that's what a spam bot would be doing.

I'll be spending a while re-posting some of my subtitles, since those disappeared as well. Would be a shame not to share them, since so much work went into those. And of course, the JavLuv support thread is back in business as well.

Yorin2

Dec 1, 2019
Glad you're back! I figured it was something like that or perhaps you got fed up with supporting JavLuv. Happy to know that is not the case :)

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
Yeah, I may slow down from time to time as I get busy with work / life, but I'll try to keep the project alive.

Reactions: Taako