Weird audio d sync problem

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
If you notice the gap getting wider as it plays on that is simply a frame rate issue. You don’t mention where you got the title or what format it is in, so you’ll have to figure out what tools to use for this but, you need to:

Use MediaInfo or another tool to determine the FPS of the video stream.

Demux the file into the video and audio streams.

Remux the video and audio streams back into your container (MP4 or MKV if you’re dealing with AVC) using the correct FPS.

I used to come across things like that when I shared titles. If the video was 29.97 FPS and I muxed it at 30FPS it made all the difference. I would have to pull the share, remux correctly, and add new links.

Good luck!

Reactions: iceking786

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
It could also be a bad rip that's dropped a bunch of frames during capture, you could get the same kind of result, depending on what they used to capture it.

If it's not perfectly consistent like with the wrong frame rate issue casshern2 mentioned, you have to so a bunch of cuts and fix the audio delay to something that you won't notice anymore for each and then re-encode the whole thing, but that's pretty complicated and a major pain in the butt(also not easy to do).

Ideally, you'd find another rip from someone who knew what they were doing but that's a rare thing these days.

Reactions: Casshern2

iceking786

Jun 8, 2016
If you notice the gap getting wider as it plays on that is simply a frame rate issue. You don’t mention where you got the title or what format it is in, so you’ll have to figure out what tools to use for this but, you need to:

Use MediaInfo or another tool to determine the FPS of the video stream.

Demux the file into the video and audio streams.

Remux the video and audio streams back into your container (MP4 or MKV if you’re dealing with AVC) using the correct FPS.

I used to come across things like that when I shared titles. If the video was 29.97 FPS and I muxed it at 30FPS it made all the difference. I would have to pull the share, remux correctly, and add new links.

Good luck!
What software to use to demux the video? the video is in AVI format

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Yikes AVI? Is it an old file? I would search this forum for MediaInfo, I've provided instructions for it before I think(?!) If it isn't by chance AVC in an AVI container I don't remember anything other than VirtualDub or AVIdemux ?

Last edited:

iceking786

Jun 8, 2016
Yikes AVI? Is it an old file? I would search this forum for MediaInfo, I've provided instructions for it before I think(?!) If it isn't by chance AVC in an AVI container I don't remember anything other than VirtualDub or AVIdemux ?
its an old video.
By the way i just finished remuxing the video now its in mp4 and somehow the file size reduced around 50% and the quality its still the same and no more audio lag.
thanks for your help

Last edited:

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
its an old video.
By the way i just finished remuxing the video now its in mp4 and somehow the file size reduced around 50% and the quality its still the same and no more audio lag.
thanks for your help
Outstanding!

Reactions: iceking786