Use Mediafire for backup files

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

richie619

Feb 19, 2009
hey you guys should use Mediafire to back up videos and pictures, it is very fast, and no countdowns or drop down letters to insert

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
Tell this to the money-hungry posters...

And it has a main drawback of 200 MB max filesize for free users.
Though I use it as much as I can. :gayprance:

Free users can download more than one file at a time and there is no download limit.So the 200MB max file size is not really an issue unless you do not do not know how to split files or rejoin files.

CFUD

Jan 24, 2007
Most of the affiliate-program filehosts are dying/dead anyways.

Can't say MU dying didn't have it's pro :evil:

Jul 1, 2009
When you upload through their webpage, they actually have your machine do a virus scan on the files to be uploaded.

I had trouble in Chromium (Google Chrome) with this because the scan would take up some crazy amount of memory (maybe equal to the size of the files to be uploaded?) and sent my machine into swap rigor mortis. :notagain:

Things were more sane in Firefox, using ~200MB RAM.

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
MF

Mediafire is the best of the popular freebies,
but the files die after a month or less of inactivity.
Does anyone know any site that keeps links good
without being DL, and w/o paying?

ezepietro

(。◕‿◕。)
Sep 7, 2008
the files die after a month or less of inactivity.

MediaFire is designed to be used as a File Sharing service. It is not meant to function as a long term backup service for files. Mediafire does not recommend that you upload files for long term storage as they may be subject to deletion if your account is not accessed, or there is not significant sharing activity on your account (i.e. downloads).

For free accounts, there is currently no time limit on how long uploaded files will be stored as long as you access your account (i.e. login to your account) or your files are being accessed (i.e. downloaded) or there is not an issue of warehousing (storing huge amounts of files without significant downloading activity). Every account is different and different accounts may become idle at different times. Four email notifications will be sent out prior to removing files from our servers for account inactivity. If you are a Mediafire customer and your files were deleted due to inactivity, they are deleted from all servers and cannot be retrieved.
I've also an MediaFire free-account and never had any problem :)

Happosai

うどん! ( ˘▽˘)っ♨
Feb 22, 2007
I frequently visit a blog (not JAV related) that hosts tons of files on Mediafire.

The oldest ones are there since March 2008! :eek:k:

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I frequently visit a blog (not JAV related) that hosts tons of files on Mediafire.

The oldest ones are there since March 2008! :eek:k:

is it secret information, or can anybody visit :puzzled:

or if you want to pm myself a link :please:

thank you kind sir

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
thx!

Eze elg and happo thanks for the feedback. I
was just using it as one of my 10 selected hosts
for MirrorCreator (MC). I'll tell what I know about them.
They have a neat little upload tool that makes rars and you can upload to a few accounts of your own ,RapidShare, FileFactory, HotFile, UploadedTo, FileJungle, UploadStation, PutLocker, GlumboUp. (free user)
You can't delete your own files after uploading. But if they were deleted, the hosts MC uploaded to, are not effected.
you can't buy MC pro, you have to ask, then you are pro
for a month, after which they determine whether you average 50 Dlds per file, to see if you stay pro.
Each file comes with 2 links, a descriptive long one (like RS) and a short one.
I guess I'll reg with MF, and remember to log-in once a month..
I've done that with my angelfire site (8 years) and my 4shared account (2 years.) Thanks for the help.