Up and Down speeds

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

homerscousin

Sep 9, 2010
I was just wondering what some other people from around the world saw for average upload and download speeds.

I'm in the US and have cable and use Utorrent 2.2.1. I haven't changed any of the settings other than one. I will on occasion change the up speed from unlimited to something less if I think one major peer may go away when he's already at 90+% and I just started.

Some torrents of course will be slow, old ones, but I have connected to many where my average down speed has been a little over 1MB/sec. One very recently was 4.3GB in about 65 minutes. The fastest speed I can recall seeing is 1.8 MB. My up speed is much less. I think I hit 700k once.

Just wondered if there were some parts of the world with super infrastructure.

Please let me add this here. By the time I was done typing the above and clicked 'submit new thread' I was logged out. I type slow. Is there a short inactivity time limit? Maybe 10 minutes?

micpet84

Mar 16, 2010
I am on 10mbit and on my "usual" sites i have an average speed of atleast 1mb/sec on well seeded torrents, however on this site it is only about 100kb/sec. So it seems my connection isnt playing nicely with JAV-sharing :)

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
well, I'm seeing 12Mbps down on average for torrents, and 2 up but that's what I'm paying for. But really it's so dependent on how your traffic is routed through the internet. I get as much as 46Mbps down when running a test from the testing station just two towns away, but nothing near that speed when taking files from other parts of the world.

My friend and I can both upload the same file to his hosting company FTP, I'm closer to his hosting company but he gets more then double the speed then I do. However when we both upload the same files to other places, sometimes I'm much faster then him. When I ping google.com I get 11 to 12ms, my friend gets 60 to 62ms. I think it's how it's routed through the world.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
well, I'm seeing 12Mbps down on average for torrents, and 2 up but that's what I'm paying for. But really it's so dependent on how your traffic is routed through the internet. I get as much as 46Mbps down when running a test from the testing station just two towns away, but nothing near that speed when taking files from other parts of the world.

My friend and I can both upload the same file to his hosting company FTP, I'm closer to his hosting company but he gets more then double the speed then I do. However when we both upload the same files to other places, sometimes I'm much faster then him. When I ping google.com I get 11 to 12ms, my friend gets 60 to 62ms. I think it's how it's routed through the world.

damn! You make me feel like I am on dial up.

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
50Mbps guy? That's disgustingly unfair. :joker:

I could get that, but it's going to cost me almost $200 a month.
Or for 100Mbps $370.

The fastest I can get with my plan is 1.5MB/s for $56. a month.

Man, 6.6Mb/s.. That's awesome. :tea:

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
...wait!
6.6 MB/s and 36 minutes to complete 350 MB?
maybe utorrent didn't catch up with the speed, but still uhmmmm

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
the fastest up speed i have ever had on a torrent is just under 11MB/s, and just over 10 down. i dont have anything to back that up with though.....well maybe in a post somewhere. what i do have is this:

1274564462.png

but that is within japan. it is much slower when testing overseas. the upside is that i can get an mp3 in about 2 seconds if the upload speed on the other side is good. i tried uploading an mp3 to my dad last time we skyped.....12mins later...:exhausted:

100MBps optic fibre line from OCN? about 6000 yen a month.

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
the fastest up speed i have ever had on a torrent is just under 11MB/s, and just over 10 down. i dont have anything to back that up with though.....well maybe in a post somewhere. what i do have is this:

1274564462.png

but that is within japan. it is much slower when testing overseas. the upside is that i can get an mp3 in about 2 seconds if the upload speed on the other side is good. i tried uploading an mp3 to my dad last time we skyped.....12mins later...:exhausted:

100MBps optic fibre line from OCN? about 6000 yen a month.

Holy shit thats fast.I pay about 50 dollars a month for 2-3 megabytes download and 450 kilobytes upload.Of course that is cable internet and I am only getting the medium package. They are the fastest internet provider in my state so there is no one providing fiber optic.

homerscousin

Sep 9, 2010
Thanks. I was kinda wondering about torrent speeds around the world, not just the speedtest.net results. I read a news article a few months ago which claimed North Korea, Japan and Hong Kong had the fastest internet speeds. Good to see someone from that neighborhood with some enviable speeds.

Jul 1, 2009
Only 1.5Mbit down and 0.9 up for me... a bit embarrassing to have such poor speeds in the place the Internet originated from. :scared:

Google has a plan to roll out a 1Gb to the home service in Kansas City, KS... have to move there! :nosebleed:

Code:
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/03/google-bestows-1gbps-fiber-network-on-kansas-city-kansas.ars

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Google bringing high speed FTTH is great as a start, but personally I don't want to rely on a data-mining business as my ISP. All I want is a dumb pipe that connects me to the internet and nothing more, not to potentially log and track every single thing I do on the internet.

At least by keeping my Google services and my ISP separate, I can opt out of Google's tracking algorithms when I want. It doesn't mean other ISPs don't track (or at least log) your browsing patterns, but it's still better than turning over every last piece of personal information to a single company.

dreamracer

May 8, 2010
I am from Hong Kong with service of 130Mbs monthly @ HKD 140
Download speed can reach 100Mps+ depends on torrent.
Up Speed about 20 - 30 Mbs

Racer