Tomoe Yamanaka 山中知恵

Immergeil

Very Old Member
Aug 10, 2014
I feel bad for her. Hopefully she bounces back and doesn't become too despondent.
The result is not given yet, there are certain rules like people can't make several accounts and they need to be SMS verified, so suddenly someone can lose a lot of points - I think she's already bumped up to second.

Also I think there something in it for all the top girls.

Reactions: yakpalace

imagehunter

Nov 20, 2022
Just have to say Tomoe is a treasure. You can tell this girl truly, actually cares about her fans; not in a tatemae way as in putting up an image for the fans but in actuality. I was in one of her showroom streams and she was taking singing requests; my daughter kept saying she wanted to her a Japanese children's song, and I jokingly said so on the chat; to my surprise Tomoe happily obliged and sang it for her twice. She's always nothing less of a sweetheart on stream and talks from the heart. Pretty rare to see in girls that do this kind of work. I really hope she can achieve her goals even if they are not in gravure.

Can't say the same for Rei who contrasts so hard with Tomoe (the clear JI rivals for popularity) after her retirement; no fan engagement, talking crap about the JI industry even though she wouldn't even have been known without her JI work considering her music is trash; and in general putting up an air of negativity all while begging for views for her music videos. Maybe she could learn something.

I'll also post some screenshots when I get a chance, but highly suggest people try her showroom streams

Also, not sure if this post will get approved in time, but she's having a live event this week in Shinjuku, which I will probably go to - anyone know if this is a meet and greet or just some sort of Q and A, asked her on instagram hopefully she gets back to me.

Reactions: Blood_Doll

zakurabu

The Idolmaster
Aug 25, 2015
Just have to say Tomoe is a treasure. You can tell this girl truly, actually cares about her fans; not in a tatemae way as in putting up an image for the fans but in actuality. I was in one of her showroom streams and she was taking singing requests; my daughter kept saying she wanted to her a Japanese children's song, and I jokingly said so on the chat; to my surprise Tomoe happily obliged and sang it for her twice. She's always nothing less of a sweetheart on stream and talks from the heart. Pretty rare to see in girls that do this kind of work. I really hope she can achieve her goals even if they are not in gravure.

Can't say the same for Rei who contrasts so hard with Tomoe (the clear JI rivals for popularity) after her retirement; no fan engagement, talking crap about the JI industry even though she wouldn't even have been known without her JI work considering her music is trash; and in general putting up an air of negativity all while begging for views for her music videos. Maybe she could learn something.

I'll also post some screenshots when I get a chance, but highly suggest people try her showroom streams

Also, not sure if this post will get approved in time, but she's having a live event this week in Shinjuku, which I will probably go to - anyone know if this is a meet and greet or just some sort of Q and A, asked her on instagram hopefully she gets back to me.

I admit that I find Rei hotter than Tomoe, especially given that she's younger (though IMO Rei at any given age has mostly been hotter than Tomoe), but she does have a bad attitude unlike Tomoe apparently. What kind of trash has Rei been talking about junior gravure lately in specific anyway?

Jo da God

x-idol.net
Sep 30, 2018
I admit that I find Rei hotter than Tomoe, especially given that she's younger (though IMO Rei at any given age has mostly been hotter than Tomoe), but she does have a bad attitude unlike Tomoe apparently. What kind of trash has Rei been talking about junior gravure lately in specific anyway?
If we are talking about Rei herself, she even wrote a book about everything she "suffered" during that stage of her life and how her parents took advantage of her to make money, it is true, it seems that her bad experiences have made her a bit negative about the industry, I remember reading that the reason why she has several tattoos now is because she used to cut herself due to the depression she was suffering due to her past. Lately the official page of her band has been publishing that people to find a space for her band in a music festival so that they can participate in it.

zakurabu

The Idolmaster
Aug 25, 2015
If we are talking about Rei herself, she even wrote a book about everything she "suffered" during that stage of her life and how her parents took advantage of her to make money, it is true, it seems that her bad experiences have made her a bit negative about the industry, I remember reading that the reason why she has several tattoos now is because she used to cut herself due to the depression she was suffering due to her past. Lately the official page of her band has been publishing that people to find a space for her band in a music festival so that they can participate in it.

Was the book ever translated/publicized in a place for western JI fans to read it? It's unfortunate that bashing the JI industry ended up being its contents.

imagehunter

Nov 20, 2022

Imagine being in a band so bad you need to beg fans to find you a spot in a festival because you can't do it yourself

Anyways, anyone know more about this event Tomoe will be in? None of the emails are answering my question whether or not there will be a signing at the event.

JinSun09

I Love Formula 1, I Love TWICE, and I Love REIRIE.
Jul 29, 2021
Imagine how happy Tomoe will be when she finds out how toxic her fans are. Towards another Idol no less. I personally love Rei, I love her music, and am actually pretty happy I participated in "BRATS" crowdfund project earlier this year. I've noticed many of you are bitter Rei no longer does gravure. GET OVER IT!!!!!!!

zakurabu

The Idolmaster
Aug 25, 2015
Imagine how happy Tomoe will be when she finds out how toxic her fans are. Towards another Idol no less. I personally love Rei, I love her music, and am actually pretty happy I participated in "BRATS" crowdfund project earlier this year. I've noticed many of you are bitter Rei no longer does gravure. GET OVER IT!!!!!!!

I'm not really bitter as there's other fap material online but nobody has to like her music or think she's as good at music as she was at gravure either (and even that was mostly just being pretty enough to excite people just sitting there). Meanwhile you seem a bit bitter yourself that not everyone supports her new ventures or thinks they're anything worthwhile. Get over it.

This kind of stuff is as just as bad as the other side.

Reactions: imagehunter

JinSun09

Jul 29, 2021
I'm not really bitter as there's other fap material online but nobody has to like her music or think she's as good at music as she was at gravure either (and even that was mostly just being pretty enough to excite people just sitting there). Meanwhile you seem a bit bitter yourself that not everyone supports her new ventures or thinks they're anything worthwhile. Get over it.

This kind of stuff is as just as bad as the other side.
Hey yeah I agree with everything you said. I promise im not bitter. I just dont agree with ppl putting down one to glorify others. I like Tomoe too.

Reactions: niffum

zakurabu

The Idolmaster
Aug 25, 2015
Hey yeah I agree with everything you said. I promise im not bitter. I just dont agree with ppl putting down one to glorify others. I like Tomoe too.

It's cool. Everyone can like who they prefer.

My only beef with Rei is that, irrespective of her feelings about junior gravure, she shouldn't attack those who made her. If she objects to the working conditions she was subjected to then so be it, and she should be allowed to say it, but the fans didn't control those. The fans aren't her parents.

She's been in BRATS since she was 10. Whatever you think of it now, the music certainly wasn't great then given the natural amateurishness of the performers. But her fans who were almost entirely drawn in by her junior gravure work still showed up to support her. Doesn't that count for anything?

Do we know if "Rei Kuromiya" is 100% her real name? If it's not and she still used it despite supposedly regretting her gravure career entirely, then I'd kind of consider that pretty hypocritical...

It's just nice to see Tomoe support the fans, and I wish all idols would do the same. That's all.

imagehunter

Nov 20, 2022

I think Rei is as open to criticism as is any other musical artist. Has nothing to do with her doing gravure or not. Honestly with the way she looks now she wouldn't be much of a gravure idol anyways. Then again the trashy look is part of the image for her band. If someone is bad at music, they're bad; sorry. If I can say Rebecca Black is bad at music, I can say Rei Kuromiya is bad at singing. She's a public figure, not anyone here's girlfriend. Tomoe is good at what she did as a public figure (gravure), I believe nowadays she is working at an office, whether she's good at that or not I don't know, but her work now is not to be a performer. So I don't criticize that.

I guess Tomoe was on showroom mainly for the competition and now that its over she's not coming back on. No response yet on whether she'll be doing any meet/greets or signings at this event Sunday but I guess not.

imagehunter

Nov 20, 2022
It's cool. Everyone can like who they prefer.

My only beef with Rei is that, irrespective of her feelings about junior gravure, she shouldn't attack those who made her. If she objects to the working conditions she was subjected to then so be it, and she should be allowed to say it, but the fans didn't control those. The fans aren't her parents.

She's been in BRATS since she was 10. Whatever you think of it now, the music certainly wasn't great then given the natural amateurishness of the performers. But her fans who were almost entirely drawn in by her junior gravure work still showed up to support her. Doesn't that count for anything?

Do we know if "Rei Kuromiya" is 100% her real name? If it's not and she still used it despite supposedly regretting her gravure career entirely, then I'd kind of consider that pretty hypocritical...

It's just nice to see Tomoe support the fans, and I wish all idols would do the same. That's all.

This is a good point. Not sure if any gravure idols who do other non public work (such as Tomoe) use their real names - I suspect not especially since they started their careers as grade schoolers. For all we know Rei could be Emi and Tomoe could be Chiyo or whatever else. Assuming these are stage names, and if Rei didn't change her name after retiring from gravure, it makes it even a little more insufferable that she would talk ill of her gravure days. Most women who retire from gravure stop using their stage name even when staying in the public eye if they're trying to keep their history a secret.

JinSun09

Jul 29, 2021
I think Rei is as open to criticism as is any other musical artist. Has nothing to do with her doing gravure or not. Honestly with the way she looks now she wouldn't be much of a gravure idol anyways. Then again the trashy look is part of the image for her band. If someone is bad at music, they're bad; sorry. If I can say Rebecca Black is bad at music, I can say Rei Kuromiya is bad at singing. She's a public figure, not anyone here's girlfriend. Tomoe is good at what she did as a public figure (gravure), I believe nowadays she is working at an office, whether she's good at that or not I don't know, but her work now is not to be a performer. So I don't criticize that.

I guess Tomoe was on showroom mainly for the competition and now that its over she's not coming back on. No response yet on whether she'll be doing any meet/greets or signings at this event Sunday but I guess not.
Yea I understand. "BRATS" is niche music. Im just simply one of those who does enjoy her music. If Im honest i love some of the music she made with "Rie Kaneko" not Ladybaby, but after. Mostly "Pelo" & "Lady Baby Blue". But ofc there are others I enjoy as well. Mostly Kpop, Dubstep, and Symphonic Metal.

imagehunter

Nov 20, 2022
Why was my post deleted for pointing out that imagehunter is kawaii emu?

He has a history of whining and complaining about Rei and had all his posts deleted on his own request he said he wouldn't post anymore but here he is again!

Not sure what you mean by this.

Yea I understand. "BRATS" is niche music. Im just simply one of those who does enjoy her music. If Im honest i love some of the music she made with "Rie Kaneko" not Ladybaby, but after. Mostly "Pelo" & "Lady Baby Blue". But ofc there are others I enjoy as well. Mostly Kpop, Dubstep, and Symphonic Metal.

Actually I liked what they had going (Rie and Rei); the bearded dude not so much but I do think Rie has more talent in that field.

Reactions: JinSun09

Jo da God

x-idol.net
Sep 30, 2018
Not sure what you mean by this.

Actually I liked what they had going (Rie and Rei); the bearded dude not so much but I do think Rie has more talent in that field.
I agree. In the band "Ladybaby" they made some good songs, but Rei Kuromiya had a serious illness and Rie's hypocrisy left her alone and therefore the duo that was previously a trio was dissolved. It's true, she now has "fans" of her band Brats because of her past as an idol not because of the quality of her music. Btw I preffer Aya Kuromiya she is beautiful.

zakurabu

The Idolmaster
Aug 25, 2015
Why was my post deleted for pointing out that imagehunter is kawaii emu?

Not all of Rei's critics are the same person. Her chuuni antics (stretching into her 20s now...) have always made her pretty controversial. It's kind of ironic that perhaps the most conventionally pretty (based on popularity, sales figures, etc.) junior gravure idol is probably the most obsessed of any of them with being unconventional (which I don't think she achieves other than in a very superficial way).

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
why is all this on Tomoe's thread, if I remember I will delete it soon, just letting you catch up

Reactions: crusadermon