Tomoe Yamanaka 山中知恵

YukariForever

Nov 15, 2021
I watched most of the livestream, but not speaking any Japanese left me pretty clueless. She definitely said "DVD" a lot and talked about "Knee High Collection" at one point :) it's nice to know the kind of stuff she was talking about though. I had it on while I was working and it was kind of nice to just spend the afternoon with her in a way.

Immergeil

Very Old Member
Aug 10, 2014
Any catch or know what's going on with the Showroom thing?

It's a contest to become a 'reader model' it's a Japan only thing these days (like so many other things) - basically it's a cute relatable girl that works for a fashion magazine, not as a real model but more like the face of the magazine - girls that do that can get quite popular and it could be a stepping stone to other work like TV appearances. It's for this magazine -> https://bijinhyakka.com/flowers

I think signing up for showroom these days is not that easy, there is some SMS verification you need to do, but I'm sure there are ways around that. I signed up many years ago so I didn't have to do anything special.

For now she's #1 - but these things usually have several qualifying rounds and pools.

I'm not sure if people here are interested in seeing her this, but if you do you should try to support her.

Reactions: Blood_Doll

Blood_Doll

Jul 30, 2009
It's a contest to become a 'reader model' it's a Japan only thing these days (like so many other things) - basically it's a cute relatable girl that works for a fashion magazine, not as a real model but more like the face of the magazine - girls that do that can get quite popular and it could be a stepping stone to other work like TV appearances. It's for this magazine -> https://bijinhyakka.com/flowers

I think signing up for showroom these days is not that easy, there is some SMS verification you need to do, but I'm sure there are ways around that. I signed up many years ago so I didn't have to do anything special.

For now she's #1 - but these things usually have several qualifying rounds and pools.

I'm not sure if people here are interested in seeing her this, but if you do you should try to support her.
I went to that site after she was on just to check it out. She wasn't live but I tried those that were and couldn't see the stream...She's on 22:00 - 11:00 her time tonight again.

Immergeil

Very Old Member
Aug 10, 2014
I went to that site after she was on just to check it out. She wasn't live but I tried those that were and couldn't see the stream...She's on 22:00 - 11:00 her time tonight again.
Oh yeah, you need a Japanese VPN to even see things there.

Immergeil

Very Old Member
Aug 10, 2014
I don't know about these streams, but in her IG she's always incredibly nice, tries to answer everybody that speaks with her... Such a bless. Hopefully she'll get where she wants.
She's nice and thanks people for the gifts and reads all the comments - she also sings a lot, lol.

Reactions: Death Metal

Immergeil

Very Old Member
Aug 10, 2014
I think that was it for her, the final event is almost over and she is second and I don't see her moving into first, too bad.

update: She was passed by the girl that was previously in third place, some guy gave what equals to 300,000 yen in gifts, that means he paid over $2,000 :shock2:

Skærmbillede 2022-11-13 141741.pngSkærmbillede 2022-11-13 141801.png

Last edited: