Tomoe Yamanaka 山中知恵

bambibambi

Mar 13, 2013
It's been nearly a week since her last tweet. I'm going through severe withdrawal symptoms :(

wcmaddenjr1966

Oct 10, 2009
I'm more and more convinced that she's pregnant or that a boyfriend or man-friend is mixed up in this some way. I have a lot of photographer and model friends in my city, and when one of them suddenly quits modeling or quits her dancing job or hostess job, (or drops completely off of social media) it's almost always because she is pregnant or a controlling boyfriend has strong-armed her into quitting modeling. It also explains why she would have to break with CharmKids quickly since getting preggers would mean she is no longer such a good role model for the younger set. For me, there is only one Tomoe, and I would never have wished (or even believed) that her idol career would end like this. It's an amateurish end to an amateurish idol career that had some very bright moments and showed promise, but she/they waited til she was past her prime to go full-on sexy (like Kokone Sasaki-style), and now whatever happens, it will forever be too late to capture that moment. There are a few models that make a "comeback" DVD after having a kid, mostly for the money, I expect. It's usually a sad affair and not something in which I ever want to see Tomoe appearing. In the end, she will be like one of those women in The Tale of Genji, withdrawn from society because of a scandal or lack of political support and then suddenly dying young (not literally but metaphorically) like a vulnerable flower on a seldom-traveled mountainside, fading away and all the more sad because unseen (though never quite forgotten!)

fuzzwaldo

Apr 8, 2007
In the end, she will be like one of those women in The Tale of Genji, withdrawn from society because of a scandal or lack of political support and then suddenly dying young (not literally but metaphorically) like a vulnerable flower on a seldom-traveled mountainside, fading away and all the more sad because unseen (though never quite forgotten!)

Moving and lyrical. I nearly broke into 'Edelweiss'. Tragically, just thirsting for more Tomoe T&A is about as poetic as I ever get.

Reactions: wcmaddenjr1966
Apr 11, 2007
I have to admit that I was shocked to hear Tomoe leaving Charm so suddenly. :apa:

It made me wonder why (just like many of us), since she was always one of the most popular idols with a long history and large fan base. I looked through her blog entries and thought I would throw my thoughts in here to stir the pot a bit...
:belajar:

On her last fully written tweet she says:
私山中知恵は今月をもちまして チャームを円満に卒業することになりました。

詳しいことは 落ち着き次第、ブログの方にて報告させていただきます。
"As soon as everything is calm, I will give further information on my personal blog" (freely translated)
So I don't think this means she's retiring from the entertainment industry. Only from Charm. + she will let us all know about her future plans on her blog.

If you think about it, she is actually very old for CharmKids, so it was foreseeable that eventually she would leave the company at some point. We can all speculate on the exact circumstances, but it will always remain uncertain speculation until Tomoe decides to shed some light on it. I sincerely hope she will continue modelling or at least stay in the idol industry. It would be a harsh blow to lose her.

Maybe she gave us a secret message in one of her last posts? Look closely at this picture... maybe in the future she will play with "Tokyo bananas"? :hihi:Screen Shot 2015-03-29 at 00.18.08.png

Reactions: HeavyNosebleed

bambibambi

Mar 13, 2013
I have to admit that I was shocked to hear Tomoe leaving Charm so suddenly. :apa:

It made me wonder why (just like many of us), since she was always one of the most popular idols with a long history and large fan base. I looked through her blog entries and thought I would throw my thoughts in here to stir the pot a bit...
:belajar:

On her last fully written tweet she says:

"As soon as everything is calm, I will give further information on my personal blog" (freely translated)
So I don't think this means she's retiring from the entertainment industry. Only from Charm. + she will let us all know about her future plans on her blog.

If you think about it, she is actually very old for CharmKids, so it was foreseeable that eventually she would leave the company at some point. We can all speculate on the exact circumstances, but it will always remain uncertain speculation until Tomoe decides to shed some light on it. I sincerely hope she will continue modelling or at least stay in the idol industry. It would be a harsh blow to lose her.

Maybe she gave us a secret message in one of her last posts? Look closely at this picture... maybe in the future she will play with "Tokyo bananas"? :hihi:View attachment 391822
Well said! For someone who enjoyed public attention (judging by all her tweets), she won't be leaving the entertainment industry. If she is launching an AV career, there will be this transition period which gets me thinking, what would her AV name be?

Crowny

Lurking in the shadows
May 30, 2008
For those who care, one of Tomoe's best friends and fellow idol Matsumoto Ayaka met up with her on Thursday and while she obviously isn't able to tell us much, she at least informed her followers that Tomoe is doing great.

(As for Ayaka, she is currently pursuing a career as a model now that she graduated from nursing school earlier this month. She released a couple of sets on imouto 6-8 years ago.)

Reactions: Blood_Doll

Happosai

うどん! ( ˘▽˘)っ♨
Feb 22, 2007
(As for Ayaka, she is currently pursuing a career as a model now that she graduated from nursing school earlier this month. She released a couple of sets on imouto 6-8 years ago.)

My small stash of Ayaka pictures from imouto includes 904 pictures... That's a bit more than just a couple of sets. ;)

3nuts

Tomoe Forever
Jan 20, 2009
Mayumi just made her first reference to Tomoe's graduation in her live streaming show. She said she was sad hearing about the graduation. I now think Tomoe is retiring from the industry. The Day Has Come.

Last edited:

fwildly

Jun 22, 2008
seems she's quitting her agent company CHARMKIDS and still no further plan yet.

http://db.2log.sc/r/2ch.sc/morningcoffee/1426944871/all

What's hilarious are all the comments.

これで着エロもいける?
これはAV行きフラグだな
ともへーとうとうAV逝くの;;
着エロでセコセコ稼ぐよりもAVでカッポリしたほうがシコシコズッポリだろ
AV待ったなし
AVならギャラは数十倍だろうな
AVとか言うけど知恵って処女じゃないの?
着エロ→AV路線に乗ったか

Seems like everyone and their grandmothers think she's going to do AV.:D

Reactions: janklodvandam

Immergeil

Very Old Member
Aug 10, 2014
AV is a more likely scenario than her being pregnant.
Not sure why you would think so!

I really feel the suddenness of the her graduation indicates that she probably did something wrong, possibly something like giving alcohol/drugs to some minors or some other stupid thing.

If she somehow decided to go AV I don't see why that would happen so suddenly, she would have finished her outstanding appointment first (like promo for her new DVD/BD).

So I'm 99% sure she was effectively fired, but "Charm" decided to make it seem like an amicably split for the sake of their own image.

wcmaddenjr1966

Oct 10, 2009
Yes, I wish it were not true, and I still would be quite happy if I turned out to be wrong about my "pregnancy theory," but it does explain why she wasn't able to do her DVD promo event, cuz she couldn't really do those events if it were obvious she had the "baby bump"--the obviously pregnant belly. That explains the social media blackout, too. She wouldn't want her loyal fans to see her selfies if she's "knocked up." As much as I don't want to be right about her being pregnant, the longer she stays off social media, the more I will become convinced that it's the most likely scenario, especially if there's no announcement soon about her working with another DVD producer or other talent management group.

Last edited: