Thread Title

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
atm you can't
you could be able to do this, when we had the "elite" usergroup tested.
but since some people missused them, we have stopped using this group.

if you want to have your title changed, please report the thread with the new title. the team will try to do this asap s.o. has time to sort out all the reports.

Reactions: CoolKevin

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Seems to me it would have been easier just to stop the "some people" who missused the privledge. Just sayin.........

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
the users were banned.
but it wasn't only a few ones, after banning over 10 people over 1 week we decided to remove this.

the main probme is, that in xenforo we are atm not able to see what the thread was named before the change - don't know why.
so we can't restore it :/
Thus a ban on editing thread-titles for users.
if you find a nice add-on: please tell me :)

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
sry, didn't know the particulars. Mayhaps I judged too harshly in my ignorance.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Just for a better understand: The right is/was for changing the thread title of the threads you created by your own? Or all thread titles?

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
You forgot already? We used to have the ability to edit our own thread titles, then it was taken away, then it was returned to some members based on a certain criteria (I don't know what that was but apparently they used the wrong formula), then the right to edit our own thread titles was removed again once and for all because of "abuse". I have no idea as to how it was abused, no one thought we had the right to know, apparently, even if we were not the ones who abused that right but were the ones who suffered from others abuse of it. At least now I understand there were at least some technical issues involved in the decision, which after so much time has passed is at least something. I, for one, am willing to take breadcrumbs over starvation and be a little grateful for the gesture.

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
just for example:
  • they renamed their old threads to be able to post a new thread and not having the search found the duplicate thread.
    thus lot's of threads, that won't have any content and were named e.g. "_____" (except of course for the people that have posted other hosters on the same thread)
  • we then also had people that created dummy threads, so they are nr. 1 - which was even worse than it is today :/
  • there were people wo edited all their threads / posts because they don't want to have any connections to akiba anymore - not thinking about the other posts that were within the thread.

for normal thread-editing we have a history to revert this - but the history doesn't contain the title - so we can't revert the title :/

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
You forgot already? We used to have the ability to edit our own thread titles, then it was taken away, then it was returned to some members based on a certain criteria (I don't know what that was but apparently they used the wrong formula), then the right to edit our own thread titles was removed again once and for all because of "abuse". I have no idea as to how it was abused, no one thought we had the right to know, apparently, even if we were not the ones who abused that right but were the ones who suffered from others abuse of it. At least now I understand there were at least some technical issues involved in the decision, which after so much time has passed is at least something. I, for one, am willing to take breadcrumbs over starvation and be a little grateful for the gesture.
Ah, yeah, I'm sorry. :( Now that you mentioned it... There was something. Maybe I didn't remember because I never used it. ;)

just for example:
  • they renamed their old threads to be able to post a new thread and not having the search found the duplicate thread.
    thus lot's of threads, that won't have any content and were named e.g. "_____" (except of course for the people that have posted other hosters on the same thread)
  • we then also had people that created dummy threads, so they are nr. 1 - which was even worse than it is today :/
  • there were people wo edited all their threads / posts because they don't want to have any connections to akiba anymore - not thinking about the other posts that were within the thread.

for normal thread-editing we have a history to revert this - but the history doesn't contain the title - so we can't revert the title :/
Okay, I understand. Yeah, that's really bad. :(

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
and there is still a huge amount of threads that need going through

rascom

Akiba Citizen
Mar 21, 2013
I think maybe make editing the title within 24 hours after the creation of the threads.

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
not possible.
xenforo can only do edit for all times or do not edit at all :/