This spring '07 anime season rocks

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Animan

The Mysterious Stranger
Dec 31, 2006
There are so many awesome new shows coming out (or already airing), it's almost overwhelming for me.:crazed:

Here are a few that I have my eye on.

01.jpg

258_gurren.jpg

Gurren Lagann
Basic premise: in a world where humans have been forced to live underground by so many years they’ve already forgotten there used to exist an upperland a young talented yet unmotivated boy named S(h)imon and his best hot-blooded friend named Kamina get involved into a mad adventure after a giant mechanic monster falls on their village opening a hole on the ceiling and before it kills them a hot redhead named Yoko arrives from the surface and saves them using her big guns. Now, it’s directed by THE master of exaggerated violence Hiroyki MOTHERFUC*ING Imaishi, who you may remember on FLCL 5, those amazing Abenobashi mecha-themed episodes and Dead Leaves, the production is way ahead of schedule and there’s already the confirmed participation of animators like You Yoshinari, Sushio, Kou Yoshinari and (Tetsuya Nishio).

005cb6.jpg

Mahou Shojo Lyrical Nahona Strikers
Second sequel to my favorite magical girl show.

015gu7.jpg

Kamichama Karin
By the girl who did that popular super-cute manga that had the recent spin-off Winter Garden yet I don’t remember its name now. About a girl who becomes able to channel Athena’s powers.

up16833ra3.jpg

IdolM@ster Xenoglossia
Hime-team adaptation of the popular IdolM@ster game, but now the girls pilot mechs!

009eq8.jpg

Kono Aozora Ni Yakusoku Wo
Eroge adaptation. Supposedly with a somber tone and by ArtLand.

top_bg2_aa7a.jpg

Romeo X Juliet
Gonzo does classic Shakespeare… at least in name and concept for the story is completely different. The scenery reminds me strongly of Shoujo Kakumei Utena movie and the trailer looks like campy fun. The main staff is a group of newbies, though.

20061222ahl9.jpg

Ookiku Furikabutte
Baseball anime with actually good designs!

BDAnimex.jpg

BLUE DRAGON
Game to anime adaptation by Pierrot. Not really expecting much from this one, but I'm a fan of the game so it's here.

claymorea19.jpg

CLAYMORE
Good Jump! manga with fantasy setting about Claire, a girl trained to kill demons, gets MadHouse adaptation

topimg03.jpg

Kissdum -ENGAGE planet-
Interesting mecha anime with humanity fighting bizzarre alien live-forms called Hardians.

gfimg.jpg

Gigantic Formula
All star mecha designers in what looks like a G Gundam, robots from all over the world fighting in a tournament to avoid wars, remake with Kamichu’s designs.

g_01.jpg

g_02.jpg

g_03.jpg

Darker than Black
Tensai Okamura’s pet project! Probably a better scripted Read or Die, with super-powered spies in stylish environments, about a black space that appeared in the middle of Tokyo and the organizations that seek to unveil its mysteries. Should be a fun ride and probably much better than Ayakashi Ayashi. Also: Yokko Kanno is doing the soundtrack.

moribito_wallpaper_800.jpg

Seirei no Moribito
High budgeted IG epic production, by SAC director with Kenji Kawai as music composer! Everything you need to know is that is about a 30 year old Saya with a halberd that now protects a young important boy in his journey.

animage_terra.jpg

To Terra…
Classic dystopia manga gets a new adaptation. Nobuteru Yuuki's designs in dokuro slot. The main premise is the ephitome of science fiction: children are no longer the spring of parents but genetically enginered, this results in the birth of humans with special powers called MU. The only thing going against it, you ask? It’s by an unknown studio that has only done background art.

main_image.jpg

Victorian Romance Emma 2nd Season
WOOO! SEASON 2!

comic.gif

Bokurano
Really fun Morioh Kitoh manga in Gonzo’s hands. Kids get the control of a gigant machine they must use to protect Earth and take it as a game, yet as the conflict escalates they discover the true nature of their quest. The staff is pretty good, Hiroyuki Morita as director, so I have hopes.

haqs1.jpg

Heroic Age
Tarzan in Space by Fafner staff.

023zl6.jpg

The Skullman
Classic Ishimori anti-hero sentai manga goes anime! By Bones.

img1.gif

img2.gif

img3.gif

img4.gif

Dennou Coil
The plot is set in a future not far from now where "Dennou Megane" (Computer spectacles) have become a commonplace object among children. On one summer's day, the sixth-grader Yasako moves to Ooguro City where her grandmother lives. There, she got to be friends with a set of characteristic people, starting with another transfer student, Isako. How will the adventures of these young boys and girls over the span of one summer, in a mysterious world where computerized space and everyday life curiously mix together, change Yasako and Isako?

So are there any new stuff you guys interested in?

Kirakishou

Apr 2, 2007
Nanoha Strikers is a definite must see for me. The only down side is I only got into the first two series after they were complete, so the weekly wait will be killer.

Kamichama Karin I'll give a shot. I still have not got around to reading the manga, but it did look interesting. Other than that, I'll check out Bokurano as well, since I remember hearing about that manga from some friends a while back.

zwil

ɛχєɭʋʂȉ˅ѐ ͛ ᶁᶞẉṅḼᶿḁďȝƦ
Mar 14, 2007
Claymore is a plus for me. I just saw the 1st episode and its my kind of anime. Bloody, gore, and a lot of sword action. :goodjob:

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
Darker than Black caught my eye though I'll check out a bunch of em to see if they're any good.

Blue Dragon looks lame if its the same Blue Dragon manga thats currently being released now. Don't get me wrong it might be good but the character design is a complete turnoff.
Of course I'll check out Idolmaster since it looks all Hime'd out.

I haven't seen any of the raws so I'll just check out whatever the groups decide to release.

Animan

The Mysterious Stranger
Dec 31, 2006
You're probably right about Blue Dragon, and the only reason it's even on my list is because I'm totally psyched for the game.

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
There are lot of new series that i have no info on whatsoever. And most of them are RAW. Anyone know the story summary or plot ? Unfortunately i havnt even gotten them yet thanks to my damn download and upload rate which has been reduced to less than half of its normal rate and i'm stuck with that until Holy Week ends.... Iiiiiiyaaaaa !!!!:donotwant: so many new series and i'm in danger of missing their 1st eps...:why:

El Cazador
Seto no Hanayome
Murder Princess (OVA,not RAW, subbed by Ayako fansubs )
Saint Beast - Kouin Jojishi Tenshi Tan
Touka Gettan ( fansubbed too )

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
Just finished watching Hayate no Gotoku (subbed by U-S). It's very similar to Zero no Tsukaima in regards to the characters so if you enjoyed that show, you will probably like this one. I'll be watching this one.

116top_02.jpg

909top_03.jpg

Description
Hayate no Gotoku! (aka Hayate the Combat Butler) is about a boy named Ayasaki Hayate who is left with his parents’ massive debt after they abandoned him. In trying to kidnap a rich girl named Nagi for ransom money, Hayate mistakenly gives her the impression that he’s confessing his love. After a series of unlikely events, Nagi pays off Hayate’s debt for him, and he becomes her butler for the next 40 years to repay her. It’s a very amusing manga with some great chapter titles that make references to all kinds of popular anime.

http://hayatenogotoku.com/
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/hayate/

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
Hayate no Gotoku is very good, i downloaded ep 1 by SS & Eclipse.

I'll also watch : Nanoha StrikerS, Lucky Star, Murder Princess, Kamichama Karin and maybe Idol Master Xenoglossia.

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
Just finished watching Touka Gettan 1 ( RAW ) and i think i can safely say that was the most confusing 1st ep of any anime i have ever seen. :dizzy: Honestly no one was properly introduced, there wasn't even a hint as to what the main plot / story was. However the artwork / animation is really good so i'm hoping that with great art comes a great story. Apparently its a spinoff from Moonlight Lady ( hentai ), see the wiki article -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touka_Gettan

Anyway the only other new anime series that seems to has great artwork this season seems to be Heroic Age. Maybe Darker than Black too but i haven't seen it yet.

top_scorer

Busty Lover
Feb 19, 2007
Some of those look awesome! Especially the Darker than black, thanks for the list!

Holzy

Mar 7, 2007
Yeah I have been keeping an eye out for most of these shows, I cant wait to start downloading some :)

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
Ah, i also forgot El Cazador de la Bruja, seems to be an interesting anime too :D

Dmitri

LOLIPLZ
Apr 5, 2007
I was pretty surprised when i saw McDonald's as a sponsor, are they gonna be like Pizza Hut in Code Geass? :snicker:

Unlikely. Since it's set in a different world with a harsh environment where a McDonald's wouldn't survive.

Just like in Kekkaishi, I assume McDonald's is simply going to fund the project as an investment for future merchandise possibilities.

a.k.a.
HAPPY MEAL TOYS.

:cool:

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
Oh too bad i was hoping to see some characters eating Big macs or something hehe It was pretty funny in code geass when Pizza Hut first appeared. I wonder which Fast Food chain is next...

shin-knee

oh yeah new combo
Apr 12, 2007
Hey has anybody seen Murder Princess? I've seen the first the episode and it seems pretty cool oh and also Nagasarete Airantou that one is just plan goofy but I can't wait to see the other episodes.