Suzumiya Haruhi Season 2

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
Well that looks pretty dark. Sakun's probably gotta be really excited cause it seems Yuki finally shows some emotions. It looks like they went to the original designs but i can't be completely sure till i get a better quality one.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Wow, the trailer totally shows the mega-spoiler I'd been keeping under wraps. Now do you see why I've been so excited for Book 4, Ben? :D She's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! (--> 0:27)

As for Yuki showing emotion, I haven't read the books beyond #1, so I had no idea about this development. I've seen the pictures in my books, though, so I saw Yuki showing a tearful smile in Book 4. That's obviously a show of emotion, but I didn't make anything of it until you mentioned it just now. The trailer is way more over-the-head obvious about it, it seems, though, what with her blood-speckled face of horror and shock.

HOLY SHIT @ Tsuruya. o_o; I have no idea yet who is telling the truth and to what extent, but like I mentioned before (if not here, then at another board, whoops; I'll have to cross-post my thoughts if that's the case), I trust Itsuki a lot more than I trust Mikuru('s faction) at this point. I think that while Young Mikuru may be genuinely innocent/ignorant as to the part she's playing, I think that Old Mikuru is a deceptive mastermind and Tsuruya is a likely sidekick (whether Young Mikuru knows it or not). Seeing her twist Kyon's arm around like that could just be her being a normal human being twisting his arm for making Mikuru cry, ...... or it could be her totally strong-arming him. :D :O This shit's going DOOOOOOWN! :D :O

Edit: I decided to translate the written dialogue (all two lines of it ^^; ) for folks. Things in brackets are not literally written but are the English required equivalents to maintain the correct meaning (e.g. "I've met you before" can be read differently for meaning from "I've met you" in English.)

わたしはあなたに会ったことがある。
watashi ha anata ni atta koto ga aru.
I've met you [before]. (And, depending on context, alternatively "I have met you [before]," with confirmational emphasis. See my musings below.)

覚えてる?図書館のこと
oboeteru? toshokan no koto
Do you remember? [That one time in] the library?

No clue who is saying the first line, though it seems like it could be Kyon thinking existentially about Haruhi (i.e. confirming her existence to himself, noting "I have had the experience of meeting you. That wasn't an illusion. We have met, and you do exist, even if you don't currently exist in this world."), or it could be Yuki sentimentally reflecting on having met Kyon if (God forbid ;_; ) she dies in this book (and is possibly replaced by a Yuki replica who, despite downloading the original Yuki's memories up to a certain point, isn't the authentic Yuki we originally met). ;_; (I hope that's not the case! ;_; I hated Star Trek Nemesis for this very reason! Stupid B4 replacing Data! >_< )

As for the second line, it's almost doubtlessly Yuki. I mean, it could be someone else, but Yuki's the only person we've ever seen in a library with Kyon, and furthermore that moment had a lot of sentimentality for her (or possibly for them both, even). Again, this line could make sense in the tragic context of Yuki dying ( ;____________________; ) and, as she lays dying, asking Kyon if he remembers that pseudo-date and then telling him how much it meant to her.

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKI! ;_;

If she dies in this book, I'mma gonna be pissed. Whether she dies and stays dead, whether she dies and is replaced by a replica, or whether she dies only to return to us thanks to some retarded deus ex machina plot device. She'd damn well better not die! ;_;

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
I'm still waiting for a high-quality raw to come out. And even then, I'll still probably hold off on watching it until a.f.k. (pleeeeeeeeeeeeease ;_; ) or an equally-high-caliber fansub team subs it.

So, has it come out on DVD yet in Japan? The moment it does, I'm hoping we can expect to see the high-res rip within 1-2 weeks. As for the sub, there's no telling how long that could take. I'd probably wait upwards of 3 months before caving in and watching the raw. Then again, I might also only last one day. XD The problem is that if you're not fluent (*raises hand*) this series in particular raises a lot of difficulties because of its high-speed narration by Kyon and its highly-technical dialogue.

kagami hawke

Apr 27, 2010
I'm pretty sure the DVDs came out in Japan sometime last year. Isn't Season 2 the whole "Endless Eight", thing? If so, then it's been out for a long time. It did okay in sales, but people hated it. Mainly because so many episodes are almost exactly the same, just with a few small differences each episode, until the end of that part of the story.

Unless I'm missing something, and this thread is about that movie that was out a while ago or something like that.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
The film, kagami hawke. The film on DVD. Not Season 2. Groper was talking about the film when he said, "Has anyone seen it yet? I heard it makes [up] for Season 2."

kagami hawke

Apr 27, 2010
Oh. Sorry. I didn't read the majority of the thread sinc e it was so old from the dates on the posts.

Anyway, as far as I've seen, it's not on DVD or anything yet. I don't even know if they announced a date or even a general month estimate yet.