Summer Theme?

Mar 27, 2007
Not complaining or anything like that, but curious to see it. June 21 is the start of summer in America, so we've reached the latest possible date...

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Actually we're trying to stabilise the theme overall, so that the forum will retain a distinct look and feel, however a new banner for summer will be created soon.

EnterTheVoid

Jan 13, 2007
Welcome back... guess we missed summer and need fall now? :)

This spring theme may be too sugary for my blood to handle. :)

kunoichi

Occasional Visitor
Mar 26, 2007
I'd really prefer something a bit darker or perhaps blue instead as long as it's less greeny, but that's just me. Also imo, the icons makes it hard to see what subforums that got new posts etc. But who am I to complain, I'll suffer through it for now.. ;)

nuts

Feb 11, 2007
Can we have options for alternative skin (like we used to have)?

Cant stand bright colors. >.<

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Gonna bring back the winter and default vB skins soon (for those who can't stand the green)

And the banner too, definitely needs a redesign...

nuts

Feb 11, 2007
Gonna bring back the winter and default vB skins soon (for those who can't stand the green)

Great to hear its in the plans. Thanks.
Regarding the banner, well, it is cute i suppose... but i agree a change is needed.

Slowly though, no rushes. Priority should go to getting the forum as stable as possible. :D

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006

Any news on that winter theme Chompy? Seeing as it is approaching winter now, and I miss that cutey character with frosty breath. :love:

I am also beginning to feel queezy at this green :dizzy:

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
I wanna get a permanent theme in place, rather than a season thing. Maybe seasonal banners. But not green.

I'm sick of the green too.

I might just colour-shift all the existing elements and make a new banner.

It's pretty headache-inducing.

I've actually been looking around for some cool themes, but a clean dark style without too much junk is hard to come by. Plus I'm not even sure which colours to go for...

Any feedback or ideas or whatever would be helpful.

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
I wanna get a permanent theme in place, rather than a season thing. Maybe seasonal banners. But not green.

I'm sick of the green too.

I might just colour-shift all the existing elements and make a new banner.

It's pretty headache-inducing.

I've actually been looking around for some cool themes, but a clean dark style without too much junk is hard to come by. Plus I'm not even sure which colours to go for...

Any feedback or ideas or whatever would be helpful.

I'm probably very alone in my opinion here, but I really like brown, orange and cream, 70's retro style. But then I guess that doesn't fit this forum at all does it?...

I really liked the winter theme from last year. Seeing as you don't want it seasonal, couldn't you remove the winter-themed elements and keep the colour scheme?

For the sake of your head and it's aches, I'm sure there are some budding artists here, perhaps a little competition of sorts would produce something worthwhile...

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
I dunno maybe. I just have this fear of a ghost-thread that nobody posts in...