So I May Have Been Scammed...

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Shit, it had to happen sooner or later, right?

On Ebay I sell 'BitCash' cards which, once cashed in, provide the user's account with virtual credit for various Japanese websites which includes gaming, movie and software downloads. These cards can only be purchased in Japan and thus bring in a few extra bucks to me per month via my ebay sales.

I recently listed 5 vouchers, each worth 5,000 yen (about $65) and one user purchased the entire lot. It's happened before so I didn't do much other than celebrate that I got to make a small chunk of cash all at once. The buyer sent the cash via PayPal, I immediately did a withdrawl-request on PayPal to deposite the cash into my bank account and then sent the codes. The user sent me an email saying that one of the key-codes was incorrect (I send the keys, rather than the actual ticket as it is much quicker and when I offered the option of sending the paper ticket with the code on it, NOBODY had EVER wanted that option - why wait 2 weeks when I can just send the code via email immediatly?).

So I re-send the incorrect code, realizing that yes, I had entered one character mistakenly. The user then proceeds to email me saying she wants to purchase 10 of the 10,000 yen vouchers which I would have sold her for $1,400. I said that I would need a few days as I don't have the overhead to buy them myself. - Cut to 2 days later, I get an email from the user saying "Oh no! My son accessed my account and I need a refund because I didn't say he was allowed to buy these!"...

Sorry miss, but he already cashed-in the cards. I cannot offer you a refund as it would be like me selling someone a plate of cupcakes, they eat the cupcakes, then demand a refund only to return me the empty plate & wrappers. THEN she takes up a claim against my PayPal account, at which point I'm in a dispute.

SO my question is this....

1) Does anyone live in, or know someone who lives in Chicago as I really REALLY want the phone number of one miss Vicky Slavik, the woman who's son 'SUPPOSEDLY' used her account to rip me off (who accessed her Ebay account, her PayPal account and Email account... funny how her son knows the private passwords to each...)
2) Has anyone had trouble of this sort before, and what are my odds of coming out on-top of this after dealing with PayPal as the seller?

Cheers folks & wish me luck.

Remember... Vicky Slavik or Victoria Slavik of Chicago Illinois... someone wanna get me a phone number?

Kumi3

Flaccid Member
Feb 8, 2011
THEN she takes up a claim against my PayPal account, at which point I'm in a dispute.

So, she's complained to PayPal ?

Surely, as you've indicated, they (PayPal) can't expect a reimbursement for consumable goods which have been received and consumed.

I would also expect that access to any accounts by any member of the same household is her / their own responsibility.

chrisfallout

Jul 8, 2008
your going to have to get hold of paypal and ebay and explain the whole issue. they will have to make report to find out who is at fault. also find out what to do about this. so it up to paypal and ebay work out deal since it was prepaid card.

BudEWiser

Dec 24, 2008
Ebay (PayPal) will most likely find in your favor, especially if you provide the other communications to them to back up your statements. You delivered the goods.
I've had people dispute, even tho I use measures to protect myself against that. I've never been found liable, but it does happen on ebay a LOT.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Remember... Vicky Slavik or Victoria Slavik of Chicago Illinois... someone wanna get me a phone number?

Didn't you already get that info at the motorclub forum?

Kumi3

Flaccid Member
Feb 8, 2011
Code:
http://www.whitepages.com/name/Victoria-Slavik/Chicago-IL

http://www.zabasearch.com/people/victoria+slavik/il/

http://www.whitepages.com/12116/log_click/search/FindPerson?firstname=victoria+&name=slavik&city_zip=&state_id=IL

xeffects

Jun 5, 2009
When you run a business always put in a disclaimer to protect yourself. Make sure the buyer understands the refund policy "if any" with out a disclaimer, your screwed. Running a business is tough, you'll always have b@$%# ass customers like these coming your way and the more you ascend up the latter, the more plagues you will encounter trying to take you down.