Sexist Search

KES

May 31, 2010
I just tried to search for:

1) girl...OK lots of results

2) boy...no results as search term too short

Now is that sexist or what...why can't I search for Boy?

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
I can't tell if you're joking or not. Any search query must be longer than 3 characters, thats why 'boy' doesn't work.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I had to laugh :pandalaugh: back to the serious stuff, if you add an "s" on the end of boy, you will get 500 replies to choose from, and would have found the same number for girl, amazing!!! non sexist search engine

KES

May 31, 2010
I can't tell if you're joking or not. Any search query must be longer than 3 characters, thats why 'boy' doesn't work.

So the search engine is sexist.....boy only has 3 characters so can't be seached for.....

KES

May 31, 2010
I had to laugh :pandalaugh: back to the serious stuff, if you add an "s" on the end of boy, you will get 500 replies to choose from, and would have found the same number for girl, amazing!!! non sexist search engine

500 is a limit imposed by the forum and has nothing to do with the real number of results...

Any search will NEVER return more than 500 results....

and boys is not the same as boy.....if you search for boy you would get results that contain boys as boy can be found in boys..but the reverse will never happen.....

Search engine still sexist......

And another reason that search engine is sexist:

gay (homosexual males)...search not allowed

lesbian (homosexual females)...search allowed

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
The reason you can't search for boy has absolutely nothing to do with gender. That's all in your head.

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
Well, you can't search for 'she' or 'her' either. The search engine hates girls too!

kraidazen

Death Emperor
Feb 12, 2009
seriously ?!

you cant' search gal, hag, fag and everything else that is three words.

it's all in your head