Search bug

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I have noticed a problem with the search engine when I use the "search entire posts" option, at least it seems like a bug to me. When doing a search sometimes I get directed to the Downloadable Candies subforum or some other thread with many entries. The problem is I am not directed to the post that contains the topic of my search, just the thread, and searching through these threads can be a real hassle as some of them are fairly large. I know the search engine found the topic in a post because it found the thread the post is in but it would seem to me if the post would show up in the search results and not the thread,(unless of course the thread title includes the search topic). It would be more helpful anyway. If there is anything that can be done about this that would be nice.

IdolFun

★ ☆ I Am God ☆★
Super Moderator
Oct 16, 2007
Use the Advanced Search option and check Show Results as Posts should work or at the top of the thread use Search this Thread and it will show the posts you are looking for.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Thank you IdolFun. I am for some reason constantly amazed at the scope of my ignorance but always glad to have it lessened somewhat.

Skiburnaut9

Floating
Dec 18, 2009
Ceewan - also there are different places in a search result where you can click. see image below.

attachment.php

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Ceewan - also there are different places in a search result where you can click. see image below.

attachment.php

uhhhhhh,,,yeah, I knew that, of course I did. I"m sure I did know about that, I think. Either way thanks for thinking of me and trying to help.

clint999

Banned
Jun 5, 2008