Same title with different SKU's

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Nick_Wells

Jan 3, 2013
I've noticed that certain DVD's have different SKU's on DMM's website than pretty much everywhere else. Example:

HRDV-00609 at DMM

HODV-20478 at ActionJav (and elsewhere)

At first I thought this might have to do with the DMM version being on the download side of their site, but the cover clearly says DVD on it (even with the alternate SKU).

Are the two versions different? Does anyone know what's up with this phenomenon?

-Nick

EDIT: Also, just found out it won't link directly to the title via the url (which actually uses the other sku: HODV20478). But if you click on the first link above then hit the (search) button next to where it says HRDV00609, it will take you to the title - curiouser and curiouser...

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
There are times when the discrepancy is made when there is a rental version and a retail version. As DMM is both a rental & sales site it can stock and provide one or the other and sometimes both. I've come across this multiple times and have even posted a few.

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
Leave it to one of our very capable super mods for a pretty good idea of the cause. By the way, Nick; for one of the professors of this joint, that was one heck of a sabbatical you treated yourself to.

Nick_Wells

Jan 3, 2013
There are times when the discrepancy is made when there is a rental version and a retail version. As DMM is both a rental & sales site it can stock and provide one or the other and sometimes both. I've come across this multiple times and have even posted a few.

Yeah, that occurred to me as well. However, this wasn't really a "rental" - it was for download/purchase. Of course, it's possible that they lump any non-physical product into a "rental" category. I guess since it's available for download/streaming, that might be kinda logical.

Either way, I guess it's all academic unless the content is different between the two...

-Nick

Nick_Wells

Jan 3, 2013
Leave it to one of our very capable super mods for a pretty good idea of the cause. By the way, Nick; for one of the professors of this joint, that was one heck of a sabbatical you treated yourself to.

LOL. Yeah, a BIG project in RL has consumed most of my time recently. I check in from time to time but haven't posted much since I can't really get involved as much as I'd like to these days.

So, alas, the sabbatical continues (to a certain degree) for the time being...

-Nick