Robot teacher conducts first class in Tokyo school

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

bologna

figlio di puttana
Sep 14, 2007
e9i4q9.jpg

Saya, the female humanoid robot, taught a science and technology lesson to a class of 10-year-old pupils at Kudan Elementary School in Tokyo.

With her neat brown hair, pink lipstick and skirt suit, the robot, created by scientists at Tokyo University of Science, has been designed to resemble as human a form as possible.

Using a range of programmed movements from eyebrow arching to smiling, her face is capable of expressing six basic emotions in the classroom – surprise, fear, disgust, anger, happiness and sadness.

While Saya's creator Professor Hiroshi Kobayashi said the robot's main purpose was to highlight the joys of technology to children, he also said it would benefit schools suffering from a shortage of human teachers.

"In the countryside and in some small schools, there are children who do not have the opportunity to come into contact with new technology and also there are few teachers out there that can teach these lessons," said Professor Kobayashi.

"So we hope to be able to develop this robot so it can be remotely controlled to teach these classes."

Saya was initially created to work as a receptionist in Japanese companies five years ago but was recently reprogrammed by scientists into its latest incarnation as a schoolteacher.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencea...her-conducts-first-class-in-Tokyo-school.html

[youtube]L4z3cs4Ocug[/youtube]

fr0stbyte

Former Staff
Apr 8, 2008
I'm having nightmares because of those pics.. Ughh..

I hope future models will look better and would be capable of more "complex" movements.
*wink wink* *nudge nudge*

rule34

Pervert
May 4, 2009
That Face looks a bit like Michael Jackson :donotwant:
I suggest outsourcing the Skin Manufacture to realdoll.com.

coleix

Jun 19, 2009
LoL it does kinda look like michael jackson:XD: and creepy too:petrfied: but with realdolls they are probably gonna make a high school teacher and a sex aid class or something.:snicker:

ssb82

Feb 13, 2008
I'm hoping that I'll live to see the days where robomaid with emotions like those in anime is available...