Rina Nagai 永井里菜

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

wcmaddenjr1966

Oct 10, 2009
I haven't been able to find grtw-014 as a download or streaming. Could someone post a link or links to it? Thanks in advance!

ihmissusi

Jan 10, 2014
First major release by Rina's group G☆Girls:

When I read about Rina writing they got signed by major label I was happy.
Honestly I'm now a bit disappointed as I expected it being something more than
this. I dont find the song itself being that good. Makes me wonder if a major label
even produced it.
The new stage outfits they got look a bit cheap and also the video looks a bit
cheap and amateur as well.
Sadly they seem to used a lot of vocal synthesizer on the girls voices as well.
Well I guess the music video could still do well because of the "sexy" elements in it.

I think they could done better. Watching some live shows with G☆Girls some of the girls
have good voices. Like Rina and Maori who seem to do the most singing in this new song.
With vocal training, good choreography, dance lessons and good songs I think they
could done better than this.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcjc

fwildly

Jun 22, 2008
^ I agree. Its not very good at all. I mean one needs only look at the now defunct SDN48 who could at least pull that sexy idol thing off properly. They never did get popular enough though despite having the backing of the 48 group.

Nevertheless, this G☆Girls seems to have gone through several 'generations' of members and are still around so they might be doing something right.

Personally, I think Himeka's Party Rockets GT is a better group. I mean they're not outstanding but at least the group is above the average by Japanese idol standards.

ihmissusi

Jan 10, 2014
mooncore, do you mean that is only targeted to a Japanese audience?

I watched some weeks ago a showroom broadcast with G☆Girls and the actually mentioned they
also hope the single will do well outside Japan as well. So I don't think its just targeted to a Japanese
audience. Also G☆Girls is also sort of a marketing tool for FLASH and I guess they want to reach out
to those who like gravure.

mooncore

Mar 20, 2011
mooncore, do you mean that is only targeted to a Japanese audience?

I watched some weeks ago a showroom broadcast with G☆Girls and the actually mentioned they
also hope the single will do well outside Japan as well. So I don't think its just targeted to a Japanese
audience. Also G☆Girls is also sort of a marketing tool for FLASH and I guess they want to reach out
to those who like gravure.

It's certainly not targeted to a bunch of perverts on the internet... well maybe a little bit ;]

ihmissusi

Jan 10, 2014
New Rina IV coming in April.

Released by: Futabasha Publishing.
Code: FTBD-007 Release date: 2017/04/17

No cover or trailer yet.

Filmed in Bali:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5G-jfHWMAgSIuN.jpg:large

But I'm actually more curious and interested about 3 other shoots she done that haven't
been reveled what it was about.

During December last year she went to New York and according to Rina herself it wasn't
gravure shoot. She mentioned she had the opportunity to experience something new.
It sounded like it was some big opportunity.

In January she seem to worked as actress and played the role of a dentist assistant.
They filmed through whole night until morning. I guess they needed night time for the story or
could only use a place during night.

This month she did a shoot that she said was something different and will show
a completely different image of her. She thanked other actors and staff.
So I guess she got some role in a movie or so.

Reactions: aculna

ihmissusi

Jan 10, 2014
G☆Girls new single Diamond Love live performance:

Second single track Furachi live performance:

Personally I didn't find the second track that interesting either.

What's your opinion?

During release week their first major single made it to place 29 on Oricon weekly single sales ranking.
I was thinking its still pretty good and must sold decent amount of singles.
But total selling ranking was 2577 copies for that week. It seams like one doesn't have
to sell that much to get into the top 30. Or perhaps this week was lacking in bigger artist releases.
But at least it did better than previous single RAINMAKER which ranked only at place 94.

Their producers FLASH and the girls had higher expectations of about being number one and selling gold.
In Japan to sell gold you must sell 100.000 copies. So it's quite far from it.

As usually when it comes to idol groups a large part of the sales are done
by supportive fans whom end up buying several copies of the single.
So the number for a how many albums a idol group sells doesn't reflect how many
people actually bought it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6Jt16KU8AAkQgL.jpg:large

FLASH and the girls have very high goals. They also do the "Road to Budokan" thing
as most idol groups do. If I understood right they even aim they will play Budokan this year.
Well I guess it is good to have high goals. But to me it seems like the staff behind G☆Girls
doesn't have clue what it takes to be able to perform at the Budokan. Or how to
reach that kind of level. The group haven't even released a album yet and they only
have about around 100 fans coming to their live shows. I think Budokan holds about 14.000 seats
depending what type of stage you got.

They didn't even gather a larger audience at their major single release live show than around 100.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6CCCjNVUAEEhHl.jpg:large

They really need to step up considering their latest single didn't show the level
required to become that big idol group.
It still puzzles me the girls didn't get a better song, better promotion, professional designed
stage clothes, choreography and better music video production. Considering this
is supposed to be major label behind them now. Tokyo Torico is actually a side label
to Universal Records.

Seeing the amount of sold singles and the small audience the G☆Girls have
reminds me of the sad reality about being idol at that level. In smaller idol groups the girls usually
work for free or don't make that much money.

I do hope they do well ahead for Rina's sake, as she really wants to succeed being a idol.
If I understood right her dream has always been to become a idol/singer.
But I think she could done better in some other idol group. She got talent, a good voice and has great personality.
I think being in G☆Girls might even limit her. With good coaching and lessons she could do much better.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2007
During December last year she went to New York and according to Rina herself it wasn't
gravure shoot. She mentioned she had the opportunity to experience something new.

This month she did a shoot that she said was something different and will show
a completely different image of her.
I'm curious what this means... *wink* :blink:

ihmissusi

Jan 10, 2014

The shoot she did in NEW YORK I suspect was a shoot for a clothing company. Perhaps a underwear brand
or something like that. It sounded like she was modeling. But not 100% sure. She mentioned she got the chance
to do something that doesn't come easily. That's why I suspect she might perhaps got a contract for a clothing
brand or so.

The shoot this month I suspect must been a movie or something for TV. As it involved other actors/ actresses it seems and
a filming crew.
I think what Rina meant with a different image that it will not be what fans usually know her for; gravure. It could also be that
the role she got is different from how she is as a person.

But hard to know until information is reveled. The info Rina can give out is vague.
What I wrote above was the only info Rina so far mentioned.
So we can only speculate.

Last edited:

ihmissusi

Jan 10, 2014

By the way. Those four shoots I mentioned above are not the only ones Rina been doing
this year. She seems to get much more work now as G☆Girls got signed by a major label.
Some she clearly mentioned what it was, some she could only give a little info about and
she does also some work without any info given until it's release time.

She did this year already work for DVD Dream magazine, WPB magazine and Dokant magazine.

She also did a video commercial for a game called JOKER "Gangroad"
But haven't been able to find any video of it.

ihmissusi

Jan 10, 2014
Found this info today on Hitomi Yasueda's twitter. A VR program with Rina and Hitomi
in a Sky and Fuji TV collaboration.

https://www.bs-sptv.com/program/2976/

"Watch the beautiful woman in VR? No, I see the beautiful woman doing VR!"

So does that mean we can watch them in VR while they do VR? :D

Noticed the title mentions removal of armor they also mention "Beautiful Armor"
in the description. I know Hitomi did the "Beautiful Armor" show already before.
Perhaps that's what Rina and Hitomi will do in this VR broadcast.
Anyway it's basically a gravure show. The girl is dressed in armor, it gets removed, she gets massaged
or something else.

Not sure if this was what Rina was shooting now in Mars. It could also explain why she wrote
different image of her. We get to see her in VR. Tricky to know if its been shoot yet as it's in the
end of april.

Strange as neither Rina or Hitomi hasn't informed about it even if the info has
been available online and in TV magazines for some days. Hitomi was asked about
this on her twitter and she said something like "Oh no, it's not yet been notified"

Sadly it's tricky to watch that show. One can only hope someone records it.

ihmissusi

Jan 10, 2014
As I never before encountered the publisher Futabasha I did some research.

Futabasha Publishing seems to be new in releasing gravure work.
They don't seem to shoot the IV themselves as it was GUILD crew that
produced the one with Rina.

They list 7 works so far and Rina's will be the 7th.

It looks like it's actually released already 15th April:

http://www.futabasha.co.jp/booksdb/book/bookview/978-4-575-79102-0_4589665740071.html

Two examples of other Futabasha releases. With trailers.

One with Jun Amaki.

http://www.futabasha.co.jp/booksdb/book/bookview/978-4-575-79094-8_4589665740019.html

And then this one with Rena Sato completely the opposite compared to Jun release.

http://www.futabasha.co.jp/booksdb/book/bookview/978-4-575-79096-2_4589665740026.html

What to expect from this coming Rina release?

No jacket picture or trailer yet. But pre order with cheki are available.
One can see the outfits in those pictures.

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg

I think it might be similar like her GUILD-149 last year. With perhaps
more talk and story parts. As Rina mentioned for this shoot she got
the thickest script so far for a gravure shoot.

I don't think Rina will go in any more risque direction in this release. If she would it would already
been announced that she is "lifting a ban". As usually gravure models do it as its a part
of the promotion of the coming new release. Just like Saaya Irie did with her latest.
And Rina will not do anything very risque or nude as long as she is still in G☆Girls and they are now even
working with a major label.

ihmissusi

Jan 10, 2014
One of my favorite Rina videos. Why? Because she is more herself in it.
Also she and Kagami are so cute together :)

ihmissusi

Jan 10, 2014
Rina wrote today on her twitter "Official!" she will make a personal announcement this week.

But it seems to be next week she meant.

I now wonder what this could be? o_O

First I was thinking is she pulling April fools prank. But somehow it doesn't feel like Rina
would do it and it seems serious.

What I learned from idols saying they will make a official personal announcement its some reason why they will be graduating/retiring. Usually they just mentioned official announcement if its related to work and not use the word personal.

But I find it strange if Rina would decide to retire now as G☆Girls signed with a major label.
It's been something she wanted since she started 2013.

Last edited:
Reactions: Khaozreigns

ihmissusi

Jan 10, 2014
Been reading on Japanese forums about Rina mentioning she will make a "personal announcement"
that most likely this means she will retire/graduate. Some write also that she might be getting married.
It seems like using "personal" means a change in her personal life and thus a change in her career.
In the past when she made official announcement the word personal wasn't mentioned and it was always
relate to some change regarding her work like when she released her photobook or when G☆Girls signed with
a major label.

But I have somehow a feeling this personal announcement could be related to her New York trip she did in December last year.

The announcement seem to be real and not a April Fools joke as she confirmed its coming on her blog as well.

Waiting patiently for her to reveal this announcement...

Last edited:

ihmissusi

Jan 10, 2014
It looks like Rina and Hitomi did the VR shoot today.
So the filming with other actors/actresses she did in mars
is still a mystery then.

001vr.jpg

Looks like the description was right about Rina and Hitomi VR broadcast will be
them doing VR...watching VR. As they wear the gear themselves in it.

002vr.jpg 003vr.jpg

Reactions: jcjc and Rain001