Reseed Request Section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

example100000

Old Timer
Sep 26, 2009
I believe making a reseed request section would suit everyone. I think it should only allowed for senior members with a certain amount of posts, thanks given and thanks received so that noobs that stumble in can't make a request just coz they feel like it when they haven't contributed to the forum. I think this section should be divided one for each of the torrent sections, to allow for better organisation. This would also help with the problem of torrents dying within a couple of weeks since the post, and maybe new ranks and points could be given to those who complete a reseed request. Anyone agree?

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I think it should only allowed for senior members with a certain amount of posts, thanks given and thanks received so that noobs that stumble in can't make a request just coz they feel like it when they haven't contributed to the forum.

I don't agree with this part. We were all newbies at one time or another and one way to keep new members and attract others is to treat newbies with the same respect that we ourselves would expect. Besides it is often the torrent itself that attracts new members. How better to encourage them to remain and seed torrents than leading by example?

Of course there will always be "bad members" but that is just something that one must take with a grain of salt in a large forum such as this. Also reseeding is not mandatory here it is voluntary so one could always refuse or ignore a request. Refusing a reseed on the grounds someone is new just sounds rude and mean though.

I completely agree with the rest of your post, it is a good idea and could make this a better forum.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Anyone agree?

No. Reseed requests should be made in the original threads, the fact that they are justified or not cannot be checked on an individual basis.

And your thoughts about noobs and ranks and whatnots are going too much on the elitist side. Since the U15 area is really a bunker I guess it cannot be avoided that some of their users think like that...

IHAM

Dec 31, 2010
please make it clear

No. Reseed requests should be made in the original threads, the fact that they are justified or not cannot be checked on an individual basis.

You are a super mod. I have a question. Is there a time limit on when a page can have a request for seed. If the movie is old is it still ok to ask for seed?

A small band of members have waged war on indivials because they ask for seed from a old movie. The scream is bump. Explain how else one can get seed or possibly see the movie without making a request? And as you suggest it be on the page of the "original post".

The bump is bad if its a new member. Not bad if they already know you.

I have seeded an extrondinary amount this year. How would you know? The only reward has been doing it in appreciation for the movies I have viewed.

Yet it should be clear if there is a date in which a post should not be touched. New members would know. The arbitury abuse of the rep pwr to silence people will ultimately make them not support the site.

For as much as the superior posse patrols the area there are others that in fact like bringing back old idols. And they have been at the site just as long or longer. The idea is to keep it going. Obviously the older members have them already. So all the angst is against new member that dont.

So whatever the rules really are should be clear. There are individual who have created their own rules which are not in the list of rules. If this is the law, is the only way to show them giving them neg rep. Thats is elitist. It assures no one will ever have rep but the small groups.

So please make it clear.

Last thought, if the movies are NOT to be requested anymore as a rule. So the page is never bumped. WHY not lock the page? Otherwise it like the forbidden fruit. Setting their looking pretty but you better not ask about it.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
yes you can post requests for reseeds, and there is not any time limits, and if my plans go well I hope to buy 2 new HDDs, and try and get back many lost posts through corrupted HDDs, not sure why bad reps get given for requesting posts, but that sounds like kids throwing there toys in tantrums because they want there own way, I would like some of the Yuko Ogura stuff that I lost, and she goes back nearly 13 years, and the are many old stuff I would like to get as well,

If you get bad reps for requesting a reseed just report it, that way we can at least see what is going on,

I have closed this thread, because I do not want this getting into a flame war, if anybody wants to add to this thread, you can either send a report requesting this to be opened, for your post, or the fastest way is come over to IRC and ask if one of us is online to open it

Status
Not open for further replies.